Weis Takes Stance on American Flag

DanCooper

1 hour ago, ndirish said:

Ive heard they are also banning any products with a USA flag on them.  Not sure exactly what this would include.

I would have to doubt that. I am guessing false rumor. Stores and pharmacies are BIG on holiday-themed merchandise including decorations, plates, napkins etc etc. 

Can’t think of a reason they could justify that.

1 hour ago, 2pelo Honey said:

A statement on their FB page made me think they have had a policy in place that erupted with face mask requirements.

Some Companies are Proud of what the Stars and Stripes Represent, some are Afraid to show support for what they represent.

Does it really matter the design on mandatory Muzzles? 

My main problem with WEIS is still their damn ketchup (although it is good for freeing rusty nuts from bolts.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:21 AM, DanCooper said:

Hearing chatter that Weis has banned displays of the US flag by employees. This includes pins and stylized masks / bandannas. Also saw where “that always was the case” - no pins of any kind. Anyone have any inside baseball?

Recently a young Wegmans employee was called in the office and told she couldn't wear a BLM pin. She concluded if she gets a BLM tattoo they won't be able to do anything about it. That may have prompted other  companies to rethink their uniform policy. Personally, I like to see people dressed for holidays or other occasions. Politics certainly do not belong in the workplace. A few days ago a coworker told someone to trade out their Nike sneakers. Seriously, he tried to make the guy feel guilty over a pair of shoes. It's not appropriate.

It's weird.  We have a close friend that works at Harris Teeter and was told to take off an American flag mask.

I agree with JB2...reverence for the flag is lost.

Nonetheless, they allow all other kinds of BS masks.  It's stupid.  A mask is not a political statement nor a fashion accessory .

It's just plain the right way to go, as much as I hate the damned things.

Suck it up, Buttercup.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, FormerSomeone said:

Per flag etiquette the US Flag should never be used as an article of clothing - like a mask.  A flag patch on clothing on the arm or chest is OK.

And a US Flag disposable paper plate or napkin?  Really?  Very disrespectful.

That is correct, but a little misunderstood.

A US flag should not be warn as clothing. So if it is actually a flag, don't wrap it around yourself as a skirt, sarong, cape, scarf, or cut it up into a shirt. That is the part that is true.

If it is a piece of clothing that has a flag print on it like shirt, swimsuit, shorts, mask, bandana, etc... then that is fine. The piece of clothing and the print was never actually really a flag. It is a flag image. Eating off a plate with a flag image on it is not eating off a flag. If one places a flag on the table to use as a place mat or table cloth, that would be disrespecting the flag.