Break out the City Chicken!

ginger

I think I just heard Governor Cuomo say you can not be served a drink in a bar or restaurant unless you order food. Not, food has to be available, which was always the rule...YOU MUST ORDER OFF THE MENU. 

Communism at its finest. 

Raise your hand if you think Governor Cuomo really needs to get...a girlfriend...fast.

I think Sharon Stone is still available.

In the real world, after his caused COVID nursing home travesty, this guy shouldn't have one single thread of credibility remaining. To any common sensical thinking citizen, EVERYTHING he says or mandates subsequent to this moronic debacle should now be questioned and ignored until proven valid. 

And speaking of his nursing home debacle, couple it with his subsequent pathetic little pussy attempts to place the blame anywhere and every where but where it belongs when it came time for accountability. He has no answers.....so he lies. So telling of what an imbecilic power hungry coward the guy truly is. He can only exist in this self inflicted one party ruled dysfunctional dying state. 

In the end, look firstly to NYC going bankrupt....then the state itself. He is primarily responsible for having created and sustained the toxic environment that has led to the mass migration of tax paying NY population and businesses to greener pastures. And it's not the climate as he likes to fly up the pole in lieu of the obvious. But ironically, and for the time being anyway, the charlatan is a blessing for the Republican Party as we continue to decrease the number of our critical population based electoral college votes, typically given to the Democrat Presidential candidate.

Andrew Cuomo needs to be recalled not allowed to continue with his gestapo like powers. He's too inept...and corrupt.

If I owned a bar I would put one (1) French Fry on the menu for 1 cent.

It's like no smoking in bars.   Had there been a demand for non-smoking bars, they would have been everywhere. Put a damned sign on the door..."Smoking Allowed", or "Non-Smoking". Let the customer decide.

Ambiguity doesn't seem to bother Andrew Cuomo, but it's upstate that always ends up with cider in their ear. I see the Oakdale Mall can't open because they don't have the right air filtration system installed, but the NYC subway system is still operating.

11 hours ago, M_Sable said:

If I owned a bar I would put one (1) French Fry on the menu for 1 cent.

It's like no smoking in bars.   Had there been a demand for non-smoking bars, they would have been everywhere. Put a damned sign on the door..."Smoking Allowed", or "Non-Smoking". Let the customer decide.

Agree. That little piece of legislation put a lot of people out of business. I don't know how they ever thought women were going to SPEND THE TIME to get dressed to the nines, hair, nails, proverbial little black dress, heels..then stand in the rain, snow, ice because they can't have a cigarette with their gin and tonic. Lingering over a bottle of wine and staying for coffee and dessert? I remember spending HOURS having leisurely dinners, some place different every week. I CAN'T REMEMBER EVER HAVING BAD SERVICE OR A BAD MEAL, ANYWHERE! :) 

38 minutes ago, Kaz said:

No, he needs to get a different hobby. This governor thing is not working out for him.

Must be he couldn't get a table at Le Ber...  :) 

post edit ^oops, still closed? That's ok I still have one last piece of red snapper and a pound of shrimp in my freezer. from their responsible ocean sustainably sourced supplier.  

Actually I do remember a bad meal and bad service...Drovers Inn. The last weekend they were going to be open...it was a zoo. I don't know what I was thinking.

2 hours ago, ginger said:

Agree. That little piece of legislation put a lot of people out of business. I don't know how they ever thought women were going to SPEND THE TIME to get dressed to the nines, hair, nails, proverbial little black dress, heels..then stand in the rain, snow, ice because they can't have a cigarette with their gin and tonic. Lingering over a bottle of wine and staying for coffee and dessert? I remember spending HOURS having leisurely dinners, some place different every week. I CAN'T REMEMBER EVER HAVING BAD SERVICE OR A BAD MEAL, ANYWHERE! :) 

Right on Ginger! 👍🇺🇸

20 minutes ago, M_Sable said:

Over priced and pretentious. Too bad...it was a great building.

Well sweetheart you were paying for the ambience. 

1 hour ago, M_Sable said:

LOL...you can't eat ambience and average food. Maybe that plays in NYC or DC 🤔

The food was good, the wine list better...the fireplace was nice..it was an inn... I'm positive I got what I paid for and it was not pricey comparative to other inns at the time  ie Horned Dorset or .L'auberge du cochon rouge.

17 hours ago, ginger said:

Actually I do remember a bad meal and bad service...Drovers Inn. The last weekend they were going to be open...it was a zoo. I don't know what I was thinking.

I remembered. Every time I went to Drover's Inn I wanted to order the Beef Wellington.The problem was, it was the most expensive entree on the menu and I was always with other people so it would have been in poor form to order it. For the next , I think 3 years, I kept telling myself I'll have it for my birthday dinner but I ended up elsewhere on those occasions. So when I heard they were closing I had to get there. It was my last chance for boeuf en croute.

Why. Why was the Beef Wellington so important? As a child, one of the first books I ever picked up was my mother's copy of FIRST LADIES COOKBOOK, FAVORITE RECIPES OF ALL THE PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES. I LOVED THAT BOOK! It had photos of all the first ladies, their china and their husbands signature dish. It also related a little bit about the first ladies and how they kept their kitchens. The most mouth watering scrumptious looking dish was the Beef Wellington beloved by President Nixon. It seems to me I must have asked my mother to make it though I can't recall ever doing so. Drover's was the only restaurant I had ever been to that made it and so...

I may as well have ordered a Hot Pocket, which weren't even a thing yet. Shrivelled up roast beef floating in what may only be described as Heinz mushroom gravy. If there was a morsel of a mushroom, it escaped my attention. A whisper of Sherry or Madeira? Nonexistent. To this day, I've never again seen Beef Wellington on a menu.

But since I remembered all of this, when the weather gets cooler, I'll try my hand at it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/513379648/first-ladies-cookbook-favorite-recipes?

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

I read that there is one-sixth of a mushroom in a can of cream of mushroom soup.

It is also 10.5 ounces.  They used to be 12 ounces.

lol Pete. Good morning...:) I believe that.^ Speaking of soup...Carnsie's always had a pot of soup. Perhaps the taverns could go that route. I'm getting dementia..I can't recall the older gentlemans name who made the soup...serious tomato bisque. ACK! Where did 25 or so years go?!!!

In my college days, I tended bar.  The county had a rule that there had to be food available at all hours the place was open.  So, I was told if the inspector ever came in at night (I worked a couple of nights a week from 9-1 or so) I take him to the kitchen and show him one can of Campbells tomato soup, and one can of tuna.

Inspector never came on my nights.  (And, FWIW, the place had an awesome lunch business and great food.  But there was no cook at night.)

On 7/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, ginger said:

lol Pete. Good morning...:) I believe that.^ Speaking of soup...Carnsie's always had a pot of soup. Perhaps the taverns could go that route. I'm getting dementia..I can't recall the older gentlemans name who made the soup...serious tomato bisque. ACK! Where did 25 or so years go?!!!

Could have been Billy Koban, but he wasn't all that old.  Good cook though!