WNBF- Bob Joseph off for 3rd week in one month?

Endwellian

I tuned into WNBF this morning expecting to hear Bob Joseph, and was very surprised to hear he is off again this week. This is the 3rd week Bob has been off since Roger Neel retired on June 19. Does Bob have all this vacation time, or is something else going on?

It’s pretty unfair to have the new guy Doug thrown into Roger’s morning show, and have to continue hosting 3 more hours of Binghamton Now all at once, for 3 weeks right when he began his new duties. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob does a fine job...he probably met a girl....I'm kidding. :)  After all of this time he must have at least 4 weeks vacation a year don't you think?

Yes, Bob Joseph probably does have several weeks vacation. But I don’t know any company that would allow you to take three weeks off in such a short period of time. In the public and private organizations I’ve worked for, it’s customary to take a week during summer, a week scattered around the holidays, and a couple days here and there.  Mind you, as has been pointed out, this is all as Doug Mosher is still “in training” on the talk radio format. 

14 hours ago, snowman60 said:

How about getting a life!! Mind your own business

That is very rude of you snowman. It appears that the Joseph guy is an important part of local life and is so much in touch with the feelings of Broome residents he offers empathetic guests to assure us all how necessary Democrat imposed mandates are.

Why without him we would never understand how important it is to wear a muzzle in our daily comings and goings due to hazardous breathing on others.

Without him we would never understand how rioters, looters, and all other Democrat supporters are immune to those of us that exhale so are exempt from Cuomo execution orders (sorry, must be a senior thing. i  think that is meant to say Executive Orders).

Why without the guidance of Bon how would we know Cuomo is the incompetent, over educated, under intelligent fool who would be king?

Or maybe the Joseph guy is simply attending some secret conferences on how next to spread anti-American propaganda?

And BTW snowman, if you have not the intellect to participate in conversations as such by those exercising 1st Amendment Rights maybe it is you who should mind your own business? (ya sho do act like mulligan don'cha  know)

:) Doug Mosher in training., lol...I almost seem to remember back in the seventies, Doug Mosher on the WAAL Saturdays nights running King Biscuit Flower Hour a  n  d  ...wait for it...oh my brain can't come up with the other show. I'm getting dementia.

I'M GETTING DEMENTIA BECAUSE I CAN'T RECALL A TAPED RADIO PROGRAM FROM THE 70'S!!!

(I sound like my mom)

22 minutes ago, ginger said:

:) Doug Mosher in training., lol...I almost seem to remember back in the seventies, Doug Mosher on the WAAL Saturdays nights running King Biscuit Flower Hour a  n  d  ...wait for it...oh my brain can't come up with the other show. I'm getting dementia.

I'M GETTING DEMENTIA BECAUSE I CAN'T RECALL A TAPED RADIO PROGRAM FROM THE 70'S!!!

(I sound like my mom)

"In training on the talk radio format" is what I said.  And basically what Doug has said on the air, many times, over the last few months.  Hosting a daily three hour call in/currents show is very different from DJing on the FM format. 

On 7/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, Mr. Met said:

Amen.  

At least it gives him tine to spend with his BFF Vinny now. 

Asshat Vinny, with enough time on his hands to call every single day to say virtually the same thing he says every day, the drama queen "speak breathlessly while strategically turning up your vocal volume and offering an uneducated liberal media-inspired "opinion" as though it's fact" is one of the reasons I no longer listen with any regularity. Vinny, if that's his real name, believes he's part of the "cast" of the show and has convinced himself that if he says what he says with great passion, emotion and drama, it will make it sound less like the bullshit it is.. Unfortunately, the format doesn't give anyone who actually HAS a brain to come on the air at the same time as Vinny "I hate a man I've never met" and give him a little bit of good old fashioned schooling and push back on what he's getting wrong, which is pretty much everything. He literally could have recorded the very first comment he ever made and just have Bob play the recording each day. It's one thing to speak with wisdom and eloquence and to have actually rationally and skeptically researched and studied the issues you wish to talk about; then, there's Vinny, who shoots his verbal diarrhea without benefit of any actual knowledge. Dead air makes more sense than Vinny. Compare his ghetto "knowledge" with the deep understanding of issues displayed by John Solak. Solak sets the bar very high. I would tune in JUST to hear Solak, but there's no point in having someone as dumb as Vinny call every day just to puke out his "this is why Donald Trump is bad" monologues. Can you imagine the absolute horror of having to talk to this guy at a dinner party? I'd be sticking forks in my ears. I used to listen virtually every day. I'll bet I could count on one hand the number of times I've listened to the show this year and have a couple of fingers left over because what's "good radio" about a moron like Vinny pontificating about stuff he literally knows nothing about, and the old lady calling in to discuss her latest doctor visit...?

Depending what shift I’m working, I listen if I’m awake and able. John Solak is by far the best caller. I wish he called more often. I also enjoy Carol from Johnson City. Beverly, from the Town of Dickinson, referenced in the last post, I also enjoy. Anymore though I feel bad for her, she’s constantly talking about getting back to her volunteering gig, which she’s been away from since March.

1 hour ago, Common Sense said:

Asshat Vinny, with enough time on his hands to call every single day to say virtually the same thing he says every day, the drama queen "speak breathlessly while strategically turning up your vocal volume and offering an uneducated liberal media-inspired "opinion" as though it's fact" is one of the reasons I no longer listen with any regularity. Vinny, if that's his real name, believes he's part of the "cast" of the show and has convinced himself that if he says what he says with great passion, emotion and drama, it will make it sound less like the bullshit it is.. Unfortunately, the format doesn't give anyone who actually HAS a brain to come on the air at the same time as Vinny "I hate a man I've never met" and give him a little bit of good old fashioned schooling and push back on what he's getting wrong, which is pretty much everything. He literally could have recorded the very first comment he ever made and just have Bob play the recording each day. It's one thing to speak with wisdom and eloquence and to have actually rationally and skeptically researched and studied the issues you wish to talk about; then, there's Vinny, who shoots his verbal diarrhea without benefit of any actual knowledge. Dead air makes more sense than Vinny. Compare his ghetto "knowledge" with the deep understanding of issues displayed by John Solak. Solak sets the bar very high. I would tune in JUST to hear Solak, but there's no point in having someone as dumb as Vinny call every day just to puke out his "this is why Donald Trump is bad" monologues. Can you imagine the absolute horror of having to talk to this guy at a dinner party? I'd be sticking forks in my ears. I used to listen virtually every day. I'll bet I could count on one hand the number of times I've listened to the show this year and have a couple of fingers left over because what's "good radio" about a moron like Vinny pontificating about stuff he literally knows nothing about, and the old lady calling in to discuss her latest doctor visit...?

Right on the money. Solak adds to the show. Stupid, overwrought “Vinny” is insufferable.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob Joseph (pseudonym) has spent decades developing a reputation for accuracy and credibility, only to demolish it with his childish Trump remarks. Inserting snide comments about the president into every issue and allowing mouthbreather drama queens like Vinny unfettered access to the airwaves is a sad way to end your otherwise notable local broadcasting career.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, Common Sense said:

When Vinny calls in, I usually turn off my radio for 15 minutes (because that is usually the amount of time it takes for him to explain how nasty Republicans are and how wonderful Democrats are).  Also, I get sick of his "I was talking with one of my co-workers" OR "I was talking with a friend" like he set them straight and made them see the light.