WNBF- Bob Joseph off for 3rd week in one month?

Endwellian

1 hour ago, Former Democrat said:

This is Bob’s 4th week off this summer. I agree with others who have posted that is unheard of, in this day and age.

I see Akshar is calling in this hour. He only calls in when Doug is hosting. He won’t call in and talk to Bob. 

Akshar runs scared from anyone who holds him accountable. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought but, Bob has been with 'NBF for a long time. So has Kathy. Instead of promoting one of them into Roger's position (host, brand manager, etc.), they picked someone who doesn't even have talk show experience. Maybe neither of them wanted the extra responsibility - but if that's not it, bringing someone in from the outside for that position has got to sting. You would have to be deaf not to hear there is absolutely no 'chemistry' between Kathy and Doug. Probably the same with Bob. I'd say there is definitely some friction behind the scenes.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:41 PM, Kaz said:

Just a thought but, Bob has been with 'NBF for a long time. So has Kathy. Instead of promoting one of them into Roger's position (host, brand manager, etc.), they picked someone who doesn't even have talk show experience. Maybe neither of them wanted the extra responsibility - but if that's not it, bringing someone in from the outside for that position has got to sting. You would have to be deaf not to hear there is absolutely no 'chemistry' between Kathy and Doug. Probably the same with Bob. I'd say there is definitely some friction behind the scenes.

Doug wasn't brought in from the outside for this new position...he's been w/ Townsquare for awhile. Think started when he took over on WAAL after Big Wally left in '13? Don't think he took over immediately, but he was the a.m. guy on WAAL about 5 years ago. Then they brought in Jim Free, and Doug "went behind the scenes", before this new gig.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob was on at the end of today’s show (hosted by Doug Mosher) to announce he was possibly exposed to Covid, and would host tomorrow and Friday from Studio Z (his home in Apalachin).

This is the second time in a month Bob has been on hiatus from the show due to exposure to Covid. Where is he hanging out, that he’s constantly exposed to Covid?

17 minutes ago, Local News Sucks said:

Bob was on at the end of today’s show (hosted by Doug Mosher) to announce he was possibly exposed to Covid, and would host tomorrow and Friday from Studio Z (his home in Apalachin).

This is the second time in a month Bob has been on hiatus from the show due to exposure to Covid. Where is he hanging out, that he’s constantly exposed to Covid?

Lots of employees milking it real good - not just him.

• 4 weeks later...

What is going on at WNBF? I tuned in several times yesterday and it was like listening to a 'top 40's' station from the 80's. Did they change format for Saturdays only? The 2 best shows on the weekend were Mike Hewitt (better than Rush IMO), and Bobby Likis (even though his concentration wandered more than Biden after 12 vodka and tonics). I know Likis retired, there has got to be something interesting to shoe in that slot. If Hewitt is gone too that is a BIG mistake.

I'm spending a lot more time on AM 770 WABC. If Bob isn't on I'd prefer to listen to Bernie and Sid in the morning. I also like O'Reilly, Mayor Giuliani, they have 1 hr shows. Lidia Ceranaj,  she's Armenian...love that girl. :) Frankie Russo, Cousin Brucie. Starting next week on Saturday nights after Cousin Brucie, Tony Orlando. Bernard Kerik and Dan Bongino, Curtis Sliwa...

Overnights during the week I go back and forth between Frank Malone and the Red Eye Guys. 

Plus, all of the shows are available on my phone so I can listen anytime I want.

2 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

I hate it.  I take a nap, wake up and the clock says 6.  The next question is: 6AM or 6PM?

I wish it was morning...I have things to do. 

9 hours ago, suefromupstate said:

Bob had the woman from the Red Cross on again last week. Listening to him flirt with her is cringeworthy. 

As cringeworthy as when that 20 something who came on Fridays to discuss what was going on "Nightlife" wise in the area for the upcoming weekend? It wasn't Tonya Wilde either it was some young and fairly attractive chick who was using Binghamton as a stepping stone in the media industry.  You could almost hear him slobbering if you listened close enough.

1 hour ago, Mr. Met said:

As cringeworthy as when that 20 something who came on Fridays to discuss what was going on "Nightlife" wise in the area for the upcoming weekend? It wasn't Tonya Wilde either it was some young and fairly attractive chick who was using Binghamton as a stepping stone in the media industry.  You could almost hear him slobbering if you listened close enough.

On the air she went by “Holly Wood” or just Holly. She was fired by the radio station and relocated to Syracuse. She used to come on Bob’s show and talk about how drunk she got, and what she did and didn’t remember from her weekend. 

3 hours ago, ABB7 said:

On the air she went by “Holly Wood” or just Holly. She was fired by the radio station and relocated to Syracuse. She used to come on Bob’s show and talk about how drunk she got, and what she did and didn’t remember from her weekend. 

Good call. Sounds about right. Haha thanks 

Driving Today, I decided to “hate” listen to Binghamton Now. I was not disappointed: in a matter of 10 minutes, BJ casually endorsed AOC (“From NY. Can find Binghamton on a map.”) as an appointed VP of a President Harris (“Joe can’t make it two terms.”) and he chastised the media for being too easy on Trump. We have been conditioned to believe this is the best we can get in the Binghamton market. Sad.

13 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Driving Today, I decided to “hate” listen to Binghamton Now. I was not disappointed: in a matter of 10 minutes, BJ casually endorsed AOC (“From NY. Can find Binghamton on a map.”) as an appointed VP of a President Harris (“Joe can’t make it two terms.”) and he chastised the media for being too easy on Trump. We have been conditioned to believe this is the best we can get in the Binghamton market. Sad.

:o

Pretty scary thought!!!