Endwellian

WNBF- Bob Joseph off for 3rd week in one month?

On 7/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, Common Sense said:

Asshat Vinny, with enough time on his hands to call every single day to say virtually the same thing he says every day, the drama queen "speak breathlessly while strategically turning up your vocal volume and offering an uneducated liberal media-inspired "opinion" as though it's fact" is one of the reasons I no longer listen with any regularity. Vinny, if that's his real name, believes he's part of the "cast" of the show and has convinced himself that if he says what he says with great passion, emotion and drama, it will make it sound less like the bullshit it is.. Unfortunately, the format doesn't give anyone who actually HAS a brain to come on the air at the same time as Vinny "I hate a man I've never met" and give him a little bit of good old fashioned schooling and push back on what he's getting wrong, which is pretty much everything. He literally could have recorded the very first comment he ever made and just have Bob play the recording each day. It's one thing to speak with wisdom and eloquence and to have actually rationally and skeptically researched and studied the issues you wish to talk about; then, there's Vinny, who shoots his verbal diarrhea without benefit of any actual knowledge. Dead air makes more sense than Vinny. Compare his ghetto "knowledge" with the deep understanding of issues displayed by John Solak. Solak sets the bar very high. I would tune in JUST to hear Solak, but there's no point in having someone as dumb as Vinny call every day just to puke out his "this is why Donald Trump is bad" monologues. Can you imagine the absolute horror of having to talk to this guy at a dinner party? I'd be sticking forks in my ears. I used to listen virtually every day. I'll bet I could count on one hand the number of times I've listened to the show this year and have a couple of fingers left over because what's "good radio" about a moron like Vinny pontificating about stuff he literally knows nothing about, and the old lady calling in to discuss her latest doctor visit...?

When Vinny calls in, I usually turn off my radio for 15 minutes (because that is usually the amount of time it takes for him to explain how nasty Republicans are and how wonderful Democrats are).  Also, I get sick of his "I was talking with one of my co-workers" OR "I was talking with a friend" like he set them straight and made them see the light.  

1 hour ago, Former Democrat said:

This is Bob’s 4th week off this summer. I agree with others who have posted that is unheard of, in this day and age.

I see Akshar is calling in this hour. He only calls in when Doug is hosting. He won’t call in and talk to Bob. 

Akshar runs scared from anyone who holds him accountable. 

Just a thought but, Bob has been with 'NBF for a long time. So has Kathy. Instead of promoting one of them into Roger's position (host, brand manager, etc.), they picked someone who doesn't even have talk show experience. Maybe neither of them wanted the extra responsibility - but if that's not it, bringing someone in from the outside for that position has got to sting. You would have to be deaf not to hear there is absolutely no 'chemistry' between Kathy and Doug. Probably the same with Bob. I'd say there is definitely some friction behind the scenes.

6 hours ago, ThelmaHarper said:

Two of those three people are excellent radio presenters. The other struggles to read the news fluently and consistently.

Let me guess who stumbles over the words, would that be Kathy?

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:41 PM, Kaz said:

Just a thought but, Bob has been with 'NBF for a long time. So has Kathy. Instead of promoting one of them into Roger's position (host, brand manager, etc.), they picked someone who doesn't even have talk show experience. Maybe neither of them wanted the extra responsibility - but if that's not it, bringing someone in from the outside for that position has got to sting. You would have to be deaf not to hear there is absolutely no 'chemistry' between Kathy and Doug. Probably the same with Bob. I'd say there is definitely some friction behind the scenes.

Doug wasn't brought in from the outside for this new position...he's been w/ Townsquare for awhile. Think started when he took over on WAAL after Big Wally left in '13? Don't think he took over immediately, but he was the a.m. guy on WAAL about 5 years ago. Then they brought in Jim Free, and Doug "went behind the scenes", before this new gig.

Ok so I just turned on the radio and Bob isn't on. I'm more than a little concerned now. This is alarming. Chemotherapy? Dialysis?

They should be rolling in the dough with all of the political ads.

Bob was on at the end of today’s show (hosted by Doug Mosher) to announce he was possibly exposed to Covid, and would host tomorrow and Friday from Studio Z (his home in Apalachin).

This is the second time in a month Bob has been on hiatus from the show due to exposure to Covid. Where is he hanging out, that he’s constantly exposed to Covid?

Bob skipping out after a debate? I wish him the best. I gave the show a chance. Checked out after a segment about swearing parrots in a zoo. Is it any wonder we’re where we are?

17 minutes ago, Local News Sucks said:

Bob was on at the end of today’s show (hosted by Doug Mosher) to announce he was possibly exposed to Covid, and would host tomorrow and Friday from Studio Z (his home in Apalachin).

This is the second time in a month Bob has been on hiatus from the show due to exposure to Covid. Where is he hanging out, that he’s constantly exposed to Covid?

Lots of employees milking it real good - not just him.

What is going on at WNBF? I tuned in several times yesterday and it was like listening to a 'top 40's' station from the 80's. Did they change format for Saturdays only? The 2 best shows on the weekend were Mike Hewitt (better than Rush IMO), and Bobby Likis (even though his concentration wandered more than Biden after 12 vodka and tonics). I know Likis retired, there has got to be something interesting to shoe in that slot. If Hewitt is gone too that is a BIG mistake.

I'm spending a lot more time on AM 770 WABC. If Bob isn't on I'd prefer to listen to Bernie and Sid in the morning. I also like O'Reilly, Mayor Giuliani, they have 1 hr shows. Lidia Ceranaj,  she's Armenian...love that girl. :) Frankie Russo, Cousin Brucie. Starting next week on Saturday nights after Cousin Brucie, Tony Orlando. Bernard Kerik and Dan Bongino, Curtis Sliwa...

Overnights during the week I go back and forth between Frank Malone and the Red Eye Guys. 

Plus, all of the shows are available on my phone so I can listen anytime I want.

lol I just woke up and thought, Gee it's awfully dark out. I thought it was 5 or 6  in the morning. :) I had a long week. 

12 minutes ago, ginger said:

lol I just woke up and thought, Gee it's awfully dark out. I thought it was 5 or 6  in the morning. :) I had a long week. 

I hate it.  I take a nap, wake up and the clock says 6.  The next question is: 6AM or 6PM?

2 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

I hate it.  I take a nap, wake up and the clock says 6.  The next question is: 6AM or 6PM?

I wish it was morning...I have things to do. 

11 hours ago, suefromupstate said:

Bob had the woman from the Red Cross on again last week. Listening to him flirt with her is cringeworthy. 

I don’t know which is worse: BJ creeping on that young lady or him milking the company’s Covid policy. I’m done listening to him.

9 hours ago, suefromupstate said:

Bob had the woman from the Red Cross on again last week. Listening to him flirt with her is cringeworthy. 

As cringeworthy as when that 20 something who came on Fridays to discuss what was going on "Nightlife" wise in the area for the upcoming weekend? It wasn't Tonya Wilde either it was some young and fairly attractive chick who was using Binghamton as a stepping stone in the media industry.  You could almost hear him slobbering if you listened close enough.

1 hour ago, Mr. Met said:

As cringeworthy as when that 20 something who came on Fridays to discuss what was going on "Nightlife" wise in the area for the upcoming weekend? It wasn't Tonya Wilde either it was some young and fairly attractive chick who was using Binghamton as a stepping stone in the media industry.  You could almost hear him slobbering if you listened close enough.

On the air she went by “Holly Wood” or just Holly. She was fired by the radio station and relocated to Syracuse. She used to come on Bob’s show and talk about how drunk she got, and what she did and didn’t remember from her weekend. 

3 hours ago, ABB7 said:

On the air she went by “Holly Wood” or just Holly. She was fired by the radio station and relocated to Syracuse. She used to come on Bob’s show and talk about how drunk she got, and what she did and didn’t remember from her weekend. 

Good call. Sounds about right. Haha thanks 

Driving Today, I decided to “hate” listen to Binghamton Now. I was not disappointed: in a matter of 10 minutes, BJ casually endorsed AOC (“From NY. Can find Binghamton on a map.”) as an appointed VP of a President Harris (“Joe can’t make it two terms.”) and he chastised the media for being too easy on Trump. We have been conditioned to believe this is the best we can get in the Binghamton market. Sad.