Kyle Rittenhouse

ginger

Good morning. I had a little time to read last night. It looks like Mr Rittenhouse IS part of a well regulated militia and had a reasonable belief (for a 17 year old) he was called to arms.

His mother on the other hand...transported her minor son across state lines with an AR15 packing 30 rounds. 

Just from the info I've read so far here's what I think should happen...Kyle goes into the military. Mom goes to jail.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three people who took him on were criminals.  All three attacked him first, he defended himself.  The guy who he shot in the bicep was a convicted felon who was in posession of a hand gun and was aiming it at him.  He was also attacked with a skate board.

Kyle has the cahoonies that many of us wish we had.

He will go down as a true American hero.

53 minutes ago, joehill7469 said:

And what about BLM and antifa  people that cross state lines  who instigate rioting, looting, burning our cities and attacking our police, and the politicians and media who condone this type of behavior  shouldn't they go to prison also, or is there a double standard here. 

No double standard...they should be in jail. 

Correct me if I'm wrong ....United States military will not place your only son in combat.

His lawyer is stating the weapon did not cross state lines. It looks like this kid was conscripted by people in authority. I can't think of safe place for him except in the military. He has a target on his back now and for how long?

17 yrs old...I want to cry.

Kyle's lawyer was just on Fox with Tucker and told the whole story. The question remains...Kyle can not stay in jail, there are already criminal forces trying to get to him. Jeffery Epstein? 

Get him out of the country. Send him to the AFB in Greenland.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 3:23 AM, joehill7469 said:

And what about BLM and antifa  people that cross state lines  who instigate rioting, looting, burning our cities and attacking our police, and the politicians and media who condone this type of behavior  shouldn't they go to prison also, or is there a double standard here. 

Domestic Terrorist groups are supported by democrats (in many ways), a young patriotic man defending himself  because he wanted to help Society is a criminal.

Not a double standard, only the new norm accepted by cowards.

21 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

Domestic Terrorist groups are supported by democrats (in many ways), a young patriotic man defending himself  because he wanted to help Society is a criminal.

Not a double standard, only the new norm accepted by cowards.

I am completely empathetic with Kyle Rittenhouse. I am not empathetic with the adults who allowed him to carry and "defend" a car lot. He's 17 and they obviously didn't give a damn about his safety. 

8 minutes ago, ginger said:

I am completely empathetic with Kyle Rittenhouse. I am not empathetic with the adults who allowed him to carry and "defend" a car lot. He's 17 and they obviously didn't give a damn about his safety. 

The time of 16-17 years old being kids is long past. Those kind are "kids" have fought and died in every war. Some in this one.

6 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

The time of 16-17 years old being kids is long past. Those kind are "kids" have fought and died in every war. Some in this one.

JB if the kid wanted to fight he could have had his mother sign off for him to go to the Marines like my little cousin did a few years ago. I am aware he did belong to a group that was authorized in his city with police oversight. I still stand by my opinion...the adult that let him take a rifle out of his home needs to be accountable. The adult who asked a 17 year old to guard his car lot needs to answer as well. 

I'm all about the 2nd Amendment, an NRA member, hunter and unrestricted pistol permit holder.  But Kyle travelled out of his home turf, armed himself, and went looking for a fight.

He should be fined $500 and given a strict repremand.  Removed from his folder when he turns 18.

13 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

I'm all about the 2nd Amendment, an NRA member, hunter and unrestricted pistol permit holder.  But Kyle travelled out of his home turf, armed himself, and went looking for a fight.

He should be fined $500 and given a strict repremand.  Removed from his folder when he turns 18.

That's not what I read...His lawyer stated he was already in town doing his Lifeguard job, then joined some friends to scrub graffiti off a school when he had an alert on his Facebook. The lawyer was pretty adamant the weapon was not his and did not cross state lines. It sounds like he was trained and belongs to something equivalent to civil air patrol. To me it looks like he was conscripted. The kid obviously believed he was at war...he had no reason not to.  I think they should drop the charges.

The adults on the other hand had no business putting this kid on a post to defend a car lot...hire security, don't use a 17 year old kid. 

post edit' CHRIST, THE KID WASN'T EVEN OLD ENOUGH TO SIGN UP FOR SELECTIVE SERVICE MANDATE...WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING?

I say, no extradition, drop the charges and kid takes a nice long vacation to Greenland. Sure they'll be fallout but these things have to happen every 5yrs, ten yrs... Uncle Pete knows best. 

If you read the Wisconsin statute closely, I think they're in the wrong to charge him on possession.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/60/2/a"(c) This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593."

There might be case law interpreting it differently, but this seems to be a complete long arms exception for 16- and 17-year-olds, because it's not possible to violate 29.304 if you're 16 or older.

For the rest of it, his defense has a lot to work with, but everybody acts surprised when self-defense shootings result in charges. Putting this kind of mess in front of a jury to let them unravel it actually isn't that unusual. He'll be tried as an adult, mandatory for all crimes at 17 in WI. The military won't accept someone as a diversion from criminal charges. Long road ahead no matter how it turns out.

^ Bing, I'm kind of recalling a Law and Order episode where some paramilitary outfit was trying to say the state didn't have jurisdiction and they wanted to be tried in military court. Actually, I kind of recall a few episodes like that. In this case..Kyle Rittenhouse wasn't acting independently he was granted authority by government actors...I don't see how there can't be some kind of accomodation. He was called to arms and he went. THEY called HIM.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:27 AM, ginger said:

No double standard...they should be in jail. 

Correct me if I'm wrong ....United States military will not place your only son in combat.

We have a voluntary military. If you sign up you can bet your ass is going to war if needed, regardless of how many siblings one has. 

You are useless to the military if you can't fight in a war.

2 hours ago, ginger said:

^ Bing, I'm kind of recalling a Law and Order episode where some paramilitary outfit was trying to say the state didn't have jurisdiction and they wanted to be tried in military court. Actually, I kind of recall a few episodes like that. In this case..Kyle Rittenhouse wasn't acting independently he was granted authority by government actors...I don't see how there can't be some kind of accomodation. He was called to arms and he went. THEY called HIM.

So, there's a few things going on at once here, based on what I've read:

- Rittenhouse was in the Police Explorer program a few years ago. This is like a scouts program for policing. Seems he dropped out of high school after that because he was being bullied at school badly enough that his mother tried to get a restraining order against another student. In January, he tried to join the Marines and the recruiter marked in his file that he was unfit.

- Rittenhouse's lawyer says he and his friends were asked to be there by the car dealership. The car dealership's owner says that's not true. Maybe the owner lied because this is a disaster and he wants out. Maybe Rittenhouse lied thinking it'd get him out of trouble. Maybe whoever texted Rittenhouse lied. Maybe Rittenhouse's lawyer lied. We don't know.

- There was an amateur militia group organizing the evening on Facebook, and they tried to get the sheriff to deputize them. (He didn't, because he didn't want his department responsible for whatever they did.) They're not government actors at all. They had every right to open carry, but were also breaking the curfew.

- His lawyer claims he's going to make a militia clause argument about the possession charge. This is bogus. His lawyer's firm has had major financial problems. The public has donated a million dollars to Rittenhouse's legal defense. It's not hard to figure out what's going on here.

In the prosecution's favor, WI has no exception for threatening or using any amount of force to protect a stranger's property. Your own property, your family's property, your employer's property, but not to just run around town hassling people like Batman. One person did claim to a reporter that he'd seen Rittenhouse pointing his rifle at people. They will probably try to prove that Rittenhouse provoked the initial fight with Rosenbaum by unlawfully threatening people with a weapon.

In the defense's favor, the main witness in the complaint says that he and Rittenhouse were walking and talking together when Rosenbaum approached, and that Rittenhouse saw him and ducked away and took off immediately. This reads like they already had a problem. His attorney can paint a picture that even if Rittenhouse did cause trouble earlier in the night, it was over and Rosenbaum was the one who came back to start it up again. This is a much better story.

We'll see what happens. If it goes to trial, they will introduce witnesses and evidence we haven't heard about yet.

Thanks Bing...when I get a chance I have to go looking...I saw a video of someone in a uniform saying to Kyle and others "We're glad you're here." I don't know if it was a police officer or National Guardsman. 

On 9/11/2020 at 7:19 AM, ginger said:

Thanks Bing...when I get a chance I have to go looking...I saw a video of someone in a uniform saying to Kyle and others "We're glad you're here." I don't know if it was a police officer or National Guardsman. 

Ever think the officer (yes) was thanking him and some others for trying to do what the Police were not allowed to do? Protecting Lives and Private Property? How long do you think it will be before that is not an isolated incident? (btw, it is only isolated because news reporting is failing Americans)