John Solak to retire from Twitter?

BinghamtonBill

BCVoice has learned John Solak just announced in a twitter video he is considering retiring from twitter. John has had a long and distinguished career, asking the questions that need to be asked, and exposing the scandals in this area. John is our areas only real investigative journalist.

John, we hope you stay. What you do is not easy, and we understand you are tired and may need a break. But please do not go away. Every community in this country needs a John Solak, and we wish Broome County had 100 John Solak’s. 

Please John, you can’t retire. We have more work to do.

I don't think I've been registered on twitter for even a month and have recognized my time has become unbalanced. Twitter is like playing an addictive video game. The last game I was addicted to was Super Mario brothers when my daughter was like..9? I've never played a game on my phone or on my laptop...:) I know my brain likes it too much and I'll end up wasting too much time. Funny thing, when my daughter was born I also stopped watching soap operas...way too much of a time waster.

Mr Solak says he's bored now...video games get boring. I'm bored with it myself but I value it's usefulness for communicating with people I normally wouldn't have encountered.

#MORE BALANCE

32 minutes ago, ginger said:

I don't think I've been registered on twitter for even a month and have recognized my time has become unbalanced. Twitter is like playing an addictive video game.

Sometimes I feel like I am addicted.  The reason is that you can find people who believe the same as you, millions of them.  If you watch the news or read the paper, you get the feeling that you are the only one.  "Orange Man Bad",   "Trump tweets mean things"

Trump supporters keep to themselves.  They can't say that they like Trump.  I will be glad when this is over.

Actually I spend most of my time monitoring Tish James and her brainwashed, illogical fan club. That woman has to be the biggest time waster ever. She files lawsuits that she's never going to collect on. Over the years I've a had a couple of small checks from various AG's. Eric Schneiderman gave the City of Binghamton money to demolish blighted property. This young lady...I wouldn't expect anything from her. 

John sees through the bullshit and works day and night to expose the corruption and incompetence in government and public entities. I’m confident in saying he’s done more for this area than most of the elected officials we’ve seen over the last few decades, with a few exceptions. 

I’ve always been a big Solak fan, but I think his casual viewers have taken him for granted. 

John is so feared because he has the time and resources to report on the happenings in town, but he also has the quick wit, and institutional knowledge of local history to out-debate pretty much anyone.

John, you’re one in a million.

12 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Sometimes I feel like I am addicted.  The reason is that you can find people who believe the same as you, millions of them.  If you watch the news or read the paper, you get the feeling that you are the only one.  "Orange Man Bad",   "Trump tweets mean things"

Trump supporters keep to themselves.  They can't say that they like Trump.  I will be glad when this is over.

Watch "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix. It's true to the unintended effect it has on both sides. First half struck me as a little cheesy, second half was a genuine "uh-oh".

Absolutely agree - John Solak is old school. He's that rare breed who brings both courage AND knowledge to his investigative work. I'd love to see him have his own talk show on WNBF. He'd be a welcome change from the Trump hatefest that is Binghamton Now. Why would they still call it Binghamton Now when it's just snarky juvenile cheap shots at the president every five seconds? Put Solak on to discuss local and regional issues.

2 hours ago, Common Sense said:

...Put Solak on to discuss local and regional issues.

Exactly. Like I said in another thread, why hasn't some other (preferably locally owned) radio station signed this guy up? Head to head against Binghamton Now, John would clean their clock. Anyone here have any connections with other radio stations? After all he has done for this community, that's the least we could help him out with.