Abels Pub- 30 Covid cases?

bballcoach

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo says he is sending rapid COVID-19 testing machines to the zip codes in the state where there have been upticks in cases of the coronavirus over the past few days and that includes the Southern Tier.

Cuomo September 28 said 200 rapid testing machines are being offered to the governments in Broome County, Brooklyn, Orange County and Rockland County where he specifically encourages students be tested for the virus that causes COVID-19.

The Democrat says the machines have a 15-minute turn-around time and county and local governments should focus on the zip codes where there have been the most number of new cases.  In Broome County, that zip code has been identified as 13905. 

Cuomo says, local governments should also focus on those cluster zip codes for mask enforcement and compliance enforcement in addition to testing. 

In the Governor’s words: The key to these clusters is to jump on them quickly, attack them from all sides, get the testing so you can do contact tracing and you can isolate. Get mask compliance up, hand sanitizer and gathering compliance - bars, restaurants, et cetera.” 

State officials will be contacting the local governments and schools but is also asking local officials to contact them if they need the machines and/or staff to administer tests.

https://wnbf.com/governor-cuomo-sends-rapid-covid-testing-to-hotspot-zip-codes/

Well, that answers that.

6 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

The Democrat says the machines have a 15-minute turn-around time and county and local governments should focus on the zip codes where there have been the most number of new cases.  In Broome County, that zip code has been identified as 13905.

13905 goes all the way out to Castle Creek.

https://www.zipdatamaps.com/13905

20 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

If there’s one thing the pandemic has illuminated about the US, it’s that we have an abundance of ignorant people.

Proverbs 26:4 – Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. 

Or said slightly differently:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain

4 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

Your answer says it all. 

While yours says you have no science, no medicine, and no facts to support your position.  Apparently those things don’t matter to you, and you simply adhere to whatever CNN tells you.  You probably wear a mask when you’re alone in your house, or alone in your car.  Do you wear a mask when you sleep?  What about in the shower?  Why or why not?  

19 hours ago, Nyrfan said:

Proverbs 26:4 – Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. 

Or said slightly differently:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain

Good morning, :) Ugh, lol yes morning, that rain knocked me out...thanks for posting this. Some freak on twitter is trying to convince me I'm an immigrant and I was trying to think of some snappy comeback with a modicum of profundity to put her in her place.

^^^^There is probably nothing I can say. The funny thing is, I was going to say "tell that to Mark Twain then post Tom Sawyer or some other RUSH video.

22 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

At least I have weights this time. Coming out of lockdown after six months without a haircut like...

9Bgj.gif

My son in law is working for Peloton now. They've come down on their rate quite a bit and have a trade in program. I gave him some ideas he liked...one, a virtual reality sit down bike...like a car seat with wheels for arms and legs. My shoulders are a wreck from driving. I almost can't stand lifting my arms above my head...like to wash my hair.

41 minutes ago, Property & Casualty said:

While yours says you have no science, no medicine, and no facts to support your position.  Apparently those things don’t matter to you, and you simply adhere to whatever CNN tells you.  You probably wear a mask when you’re alone in your house, or alone in your car.  Do you wear a mask when you sleep?  What about in the shower?  Why or why not?  

Oh there's plenty of science and medicine to back up my claims, you would just dismiss it as fake news, a hoax, etc. You'd rather believe the President than actual epidemiologists.

I wear masks when I'm in public spaces that require it because it's been proven to help slow the spread and it's the right thing to do. I'm not the selfish prick in Price Chopper with no mask, a Don't Tread on Me t-shirt with the MAGA hat on (yes, he was a real person).