Abels Pub- 30 Covid cases?

bballcoach

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abel's Pub posted on Facebook several pics of Servpro cleaning the place today. I feel bad for the  Abel's owners, they've been through a lot.  Knowing what I know about the west side of Binghamton, I think it's entirely possible several Abel's regulars didn't know for days if they were severely hungover, or had Covid symptoms.  So they continued drinking. That could explain how it spread in such big numbers.

4 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

Oh there's plenty of science and medicine to back up my claims, you would just dismiss it as fake news, a hoax, etc. You'd rather believe the President than actual epidemiologists.

I wear masks when I'm in public spaces that require it because it's been proven to help slow the spread and it's the right thing to do. I'm not the selfish prick in Price Chopper with no mask, a Don't Tread on Me t-shirt with the MAGA hat on (yes, he was a real person). 

OK, Karen.  

We’ll file that last part under Things That Never Happened.  

14 hours ago, Monkey Man said:

Abel's Pub posted on Facebook several pics of Servpro cleaning the place today. I feel bad for the  Abel's owners, they've been through a lot.  Knowing what I know about the west side of Binghamton, I think it's entirely possible several Abel's regulars didn't know for days if they were severely hungover, or had Covid symptoms.  So they continued drinking. That could explain how it spread in such big numbers.

Explosive diarrhea is an early symptom - besides being a Spreader agent. Spot on.

14 hours ago, Monkey Man said:

Never been in AQbels but have a question about the excessive cleaning costs.

With so many people in grocers, wal mart and other stores and public places browsing, touching items, removing masks to read product labels/sizes/country of origin and so on when is the disinfecting done?

This whole thing sounds like a white supremacist plot to me. Why else would some school districts requiring remote classes also require students at home to wear a mask during "class"?

OMG...I just heard Beverly on WNBF say she was forced to wear gloves in a grocery store. Like gloves don't get contaminated, not to mention some are semi permeable anyway. Wear a mask, wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough with your sleeve...stay away from super crowded places. If there are a ton of cars in the parking lot go shop somewhere else. This isn't freaking difficult people.

6 minutes ago, ginger said:

OMG...I just heard Beverly on WNBF say she was forced to wear gloves in a grocery store. Like gloves don't get contaminated, not to mention some are semi permeable anyway. Wear a mask, wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough with your sleeve...stay away from super crowded places. If there are a ton of cars in the parking lot go shop somewhere else. This isn't freaking difficult people.

When i see a full parking lot it is a sign of Americans begining to THINK.

reminds me. Why does Mickey Ds put whipped cream on the milk shakes? Now i gotta wash my purple shirt before it can be worn again/

17 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

What school is requiring kids at home to wear masks during their virtual class?

Dear Binghamtonian, names of insignificant things often elude me, but events seldom do. Without going back a few weeks i can not give you the specific districts but it was "locally" minimally reported around the same time as the propagandist (sorry, teacher) was complaining about Parents listening in on vr teaching.

It seems with split classes those in class would be better students if they see on monitors that their classmates at home are required to wear masks.

50 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

Dear Binghamtonian, names of insignificant things often elude me, but events seldom do. Without going back a few weeks i can not give you the specific districts but it was "locally" minimally reported around the same time as the propagandist (sorry, teacher) was complaining about Parents listening in on vr teaching.

It seems with split classes those in class would be better students if they see on monitors that their classmates at home are required to wear masks.

I can name a few districts where I know for a fact that they're not wearing a mask during virtual learning. Any school requiring it is ridiculous for doing so. Kids are getting mask breaks in school every day.

35 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

I can name a few districts where I know for a fact that they're not wearing a mask during virtual learning. Any school requiring it is ridiculous for doing so. Kids are getting mask breaks in school every day.

Best workaround is to have a pic wearing a mask in front of the camera - like Cartman in South Park.

I wouldn't doubt JB. It's that same logic that placed covid 19 positive patients in nursings homes, including a 20 yr old who beat the crap out of  a  frail senior with dementia. Let me see if I can find that video. Here it is...greedy nursing home...and Cuomo is trying to say he didn't mandate nursing homes to accept patients , Liar. (yes I know this is in Michigan)

https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/care-home-patient-beaten-in-brutal-attack-caught-on-video/

39 minutes ago, Dee Bradley Baker said:

This just in - local band "The Yada Yadas" will be making several appearances next weekend at establishments that have had a difficult time complying with COVID-19 safety regulations - Abel's Pun and the Old Union Hotel among them.

yada yada.jpg

How are Abel's and the Union not complying? Do we know it wasn't a customer or two that went in and spread it while the staff at both places were in compliance? 

Seriously, I am asking and would like to know because it sounds like a few of you seem to know exactly what has happened at both these places.

12 hours ago, Maverick said:

How are Abel's and the Union not complying? Do we know it wasn't a customer or two that went in and spread it while the staff at both places were in compliance? 

Seriously, I am asking and would like to know because it sounds like a few of you seem to know exactly what has happened at both these places.

We heard the other day a Union bartender has Covid and they deliberately covered it up so they could stay open as long as possible. I know who the person in question is, and our neighborhood is pretty sure his entire family does have Covid and he does work at Union a few nights a week.

If even one person contracts it from the Union they could have a major lawsuit.

6 hours ago, bballcoach said:

We heard the other day a Union bartender has Covid and they deliberately covered it up so they could stay open as long as possible. I know who the person in question is, and our neighborhood is pretty sure his entire family does have Covid and he does work at Union a few nights a week.

Purely out of curiosity, are we talking about a middle-aged individual who also does shifts at a certain other West Side establishment?

I'm not naming names here because they did nothing wrong, but I know one employee at this establishment I'm thinking of had it and had a very hard fight with it, it'd make sense if that person gave it to this bartender.

27 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Purely out of curiosity, are we talking about a middle-aged individual who also does shifts at a certain other West Side establishment?

I'm not naming names here because they did nothing wrong, but I know one employee at this establishment I'm thinking of had it and had a very hard fight with it, it'd make sense if that person gave it to this bartender.

Middle aged- yes. I’m not sure if he works another shift somewhere else, but he’s always at Abels

8 hours ago, bballcoach said:

It seems you have to prove an individual contacted it precisely through some sort of negligence. Seems very hard to prove.

22 hours ago, Maverick said:

Through a lapse of my own judgment, I visited both of these establishments earlier this summer. Mask wearing was not enforced when folks were walking around, large groups were congregating, and at Abel's in particular, no attempt was made to space out seating whatsoever. Aside from that, both establishments have had local bands perform, drawing large crowds. While I have not been back to these places after what I observed, folks that I know who have continued going into these bars have confirmed to me that it is essentially a free-for-all.

I am not saying that I agree with the state's regulations or not. I am not a public health expert, so I cannot say for sure whether they are helpful. But I think there is something to be said that this massive outbreak started in a place (Abel's) that made no attempt to encourage social distancing or mask-wearing. And I think it shows very poor judgment that they would have a band coming in right now.