Abels Pub- 30 Covid cases?

bballcoach

10 minutes ago, Dee Bradley Baker said:

Through a lapse of my own judgment, I visited both of these establishments earlier this summer. Mask wearing was not enforced when folks were walking around, large groups were congregating, and at Abel's in particular, no attempt was made to space out seating whatsoever. Aside from that, both establishments have had local bands perform, drawing large crowds. While I have not been back to these places after what I observed, folks that I know who have continued going into these bars have confirmed to me that it is essentially a free-for-all.

I am not saying that I agree with the state's regulations or not. I am not a public health expert, so I cannot say for sure whether they are helpful. But I think there is something to be said that this massive outbreak started in a place (Abel's) that made no attempt to encourage social distancing or mask-wearing. And I think it shows very poor judgment that they would have a band coming in right now.

I don;t wish ill will on anyone but people make choices and they have to live with the consequences of those choices.  The unfortunate thing in this case is that their choices impact people that chose the different path and those "innocents" end up suffering.  Kinda like the person that drinks and drives and then kills someone.  I am sure someone here will take exception to this analogy.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broome County

• Belden Hill Golf Club Clubhouse Bar and Grill -- September 22 between 12-9 p.m., September 23 between 3-9 p.m., September 24 between 12-9 p.m., September 25 from 3-9 p.m., or September 26 from 12-9 p.m.
  • Planet Fitness in Vestal -- September 22 or 23rd between 8:30-10 a.m.
  • Mooney’s Sports Bar & Grill in Johnson City -- September 24 between 10:30 a.m.- 3 p.m.
  • Peterson’s Tavern in Binghamton -- September 25 between 9-11 p.m.
  • The Colonial in Binghamton -- September 25th between 11 p.m.-1 a.m.
  • Calvary’s Love Church in Johnson City -- September 27 during the 11 a.m. service
  • Broome County Transit Bus Rider -- #35 express inbound leaving Glendale Technology Park at 6:26 a.m. to the Junction or the #5 outbound at 7 a.m. on September 29

Read More: More Businesses Listed As Possible COVID-19 Exposure Points | https://wnbf.com/more-businesses-listed-as-possible-covid-19-exposure-points/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

The Broome County Health Department October 4 reported possible exposure at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews on the Vestal Parkway September 26 between 11:30 a-m and 4:30 p.m. and Cacciatore’s Restaurant on Harry L-Drive in Johnson City September 26 between 4 and 9 p.m. 

Read More: More Additions to Southern Tier COVID Exposure Sites | https://wnbf.com/more-additions-to-southern-tier-covid-exposure-sites/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• 2 weeks later...

A person at Panera Bread on the Vestal Parkway East in Vestal has also tested positive.  Anyone at the business October 2 between 3 and 9:15 p.m., October 3 or 5 between 3 and 9:20 p.m., October 6 between 3 and 8:45 p.m. or October 8 between 3 nd 9 p.m. should self-quarantine for 14 days after they were at the shop during those dates and times.

The Health Department also advises anyone who was at Chili's Bar and Grill on the Vestal Parkway October 2 between 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. or October 3 between 10:30 a.m. and 345 a.m. to self-quarantine for 14 dys  Read More: Broome Health Department COVID Exposure Alerts | https://wnbf.com/broome-health-department-covid-exposure-alerts/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

27 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

The Stantz's own Abel's. They were recently in The Beef and demanded that their waitress remove her mask when serving them. One of the bartenders there have confirmed that they're told they can't wear masks when working. No wonder why the place is a hot spot.

That and the place is the size of my bedroom closet 

50 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

The Stantz's own Abel's. They were recently in The Beef and demanded that their waitress remove her mask when serving them. One of the bartenders there have confirmed that they're told they can't wear masks when working. No wonder why the place is a hot spot.

I'm aware of a BPD officer who used to frequent one of the West Side establishments and would tell everyone on their way out where the DUI checkpoints were so they wouldn't get caught.

I have to doubt that the city's "inspections" are very rigorous, especially considering how many of the downtown bars pay officers to provide off-duty security and that the mayor is himself a former bar owner who knows everyone involved. There are few incentives for any of the inspectors involved to "see" anything.

18 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

That and the place is the size of my bedroom closet 

A really long time ago I dated a guy in college who said he had a cot in the back. Of course it was the Pine back then. He was surprised that I had never been there. I wasn't terribly impressed by anything but the drink prices.

8 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

So, the Stantz's demanded an employee take their mask off but a bartender has confirmed they can't wear a mask while working.

I'm calling bullshit.

The Democrats demanded masks be worn in another point of our history. Go fuck yourself and your fucking mask mandates. Civil War 2.0, lets get it on you racist pieces of shit.

It is time to beat your asses down one more time.

.th?id=OIP.1yU-KNfsIWdkcmempsMrEwHaJo%26p 

16 hours ago, Maverick said:

So, the Stantz's demanded an employee take their mask off but a bartender has confirmed they can't wear a mask while working.

I'm calling bullshit.

The Stantz's demanded an employee serving them in a restaurant take their mask off, the bartender that said they're not allowed to wear a mask works at Abel's.

Reading comprehension is not hard, try it sometime.

15 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

The Democrats demanded masks be worn in another point of our history. Go fuck yourself and your fucking mask mandates. Civil War 2.0, lets get it on you racist pieces of shit.

It is time to beat your asses down one more time.

.th?id=OIP.1yU-KNfsIWdkcmempsMrEwHaJo%26p 

You know there were mandates to wear masks in 1918 during the Spanish Flu pandemic... then again, knowing you, you probably have no clue.

It's also ironic you calling for a Civil War 2.0 against racists pieces of shit, and then saying that it's time to beat your asses down one more time since you're one of those racists people you're talking about here.

How many people does the flu kill last year, or the year before that?  Did we shut down the economy, or order useless makes to be worn?  

Why are we being fed the false narrative of doom and gloom now?  What’s different this year?  Could it be the election?  

The Demoncrats and their accomplices in the media  will stop at nothing to regain power.  Who owns all the media companies?  What do they all have in common? 

1 hour ago, Property & Casualty said:

How many people does the flu kill last year, or the year before that?  Did we shut down the economy, or order useless makes to be worn?  

Why are we being fed the false narrative of doom and gloom now?  What’s different this year?  Could it be the election?  

The Demoncrats and their accomplices in the media  will stop at nothing to regain power.  Who owns all the media companies?  What do they all have in common? 

Well, the CDC estimates the flu killed 24,000-62,000 people in the 2019-2020 flu season. The season lasted 187 days. If we use the higher estimate of 62,000, that's about 331 deaths/day.

Let's say the COVId-19 pandemic began at the beginning of March, so we would be on day 234. There have been 220,000 recorded deaths or about 940/day. 

So yeah - this virus is quite a bit more deadly than the flu. 

1 hour ago, Dee Bradley Baker said:

Let's say the COVId-19 pandemic began at the beginning of March, so we would be on day 234. There have been 220,000 recorded deaths or about 940/day. 

So yeah - this virus is quite a bit more deadly than the flu. 

Keep in mind these estimates are derived from those who die with COVID-19 listed on their death certificate. That is no guarantee these people actually died because of COVID-19; at best, it tells us they died with COVID-19. Healthcare facilities have a financial interest in deaths due to COVID-19. I know enough people in healthcare locally. COVID-19 ain’t the cause of death. These people were dying regardless. 

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-comorbidities.html

""When you look at the number of excess deaths this year in comparison with previous years, it's staggering," Dr. William Hanage, a professor of epidemiology at Harvard University’s School of Public Health told Live Science. That's an estimated 228,200 additional deaths in the United States, according to the Weinberger Lab at the University of California, San Francisco. Hanage noted that many of the people who have died so far had nonfatal diseases and would not have perished but for contracting the new coronavirus as well. For instance, someone with diabetes or high-blood pressure might have lived decades longer if they had not contracted COVID-19. "

3 hours ago, Property & Casualty said:

We have a vaccine for the flu, we don't for COVID-19. As someone already said, the flu killed far less people than COVID-19 has already.

To all these people thinking it's some massive plot to get rid of Trump, do you think the rest of the world is in on it as well? Did all these countries sacrifice hundreds of thousands of people just to get rid of Trump? Sometimes you guys have some of the dumbest conspiracy theories out there.

As for who owns the media? Corporations, mega-corporations. NBC is owned by Comcast, Fox is owned by Murdoch, ABC is owned by Disney, CBS is owned by Viacom. All these companies want as much money as possible. The fact that you think Democrats are running the media is laughable. It's like you forget all about who Murdoch is. These corporations want their tax breaks and big contracts and will side with whomever will get them the most money.

11 minutes ago, Dee Bradley Baker said:

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-comorbidities.html

""When you look at the number of excess deaths this year in comparison with previous years, it's staggering," Dr. William Hanage, a professor of epidemiology at Harvard University’s School of Public Health told Live Science. That's an estimated 228,200 additional deaths in the United States, according to the Weinberger Lab at the University of California, San Francisco. Hanage noted that many of the people who have died so far had nonfatal diseases and would not have perished but for contracting the new coronavirus as well. For instance, someone with diabetes or high-blood pressure might have lived decades longer if they had not contracted COVID-19. "

please don't muddy the waters with Science - that appears to be irrelevant here

6 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

We have a vaccine for the flu, we don't for COVID-19. As someone already said, the flu killed far less people than COVID-19 has already.

To all these people thinking it's some massive plot to get rid of Trump, do you think the rest of the world is in on it as well? Did all these countries sacrifice hundreds of thousands of people just to get rid of Trump? Sometimes you guys have some of the dumbest conspiracy theories out there.

As for who owns the media? Corporations, mega-corporations. NBC is owned by Comcast, Fox is owned by Murdoch, ABC is owned by Disney, CBS is owned by Viacom. All these companies want as much money as possible. The fact that you think Democrats are running the media is laughable. It's like you forget all about who Murdoch is. These corporations want their tax breaks and big contracts and will side with whomever will get them the most money.

I think the general implication on BCVOICE is George Soros and those of his faith own the media

On 10/19/2020 at 11:25 AM, 2pelo Honey said:

3/$1 - woohoo - when you're 20!!!

lol Toup, Where were you drinking! :) The cheapest I remember is $.50  or $.75 cent drafts, and $1.25 mixed drinks or bottles. $5.00 pitchers. OMG At Downs Ave Tavern my girlfriends would down fuzzy navels like they were going out of style.

I guess they probably are out of style now, good thing they got their fill! Personally, I couldn't stomach them.

2 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Keep in mind these estimates are derived from those who die with COVID-19 listed on their death certificate. That is no guarantee these people actually died because of COVID-19; at best, it tells us they died with COVID-19. Healthcare facilities have a financial interest in deaths due to COVID-19. I know enough people in healthcare locally. COVID-19 ain’t the cause of death. These people were dying regardless. 

I just heard on the news Riverview in Owego had 2 deaths and they are a hot spot now...I think they said 13 infections.