Abels Pub- 30 Covid cases?

bballcoach

2 hours ago, Nyrfan said:

I think the general implication on BCVOICE is George Soros and those of his faith own the media

Ding Ding Ding We Have a Winner.  

You can look up who owns all of these companies and confirm this for yourself.  Then go take a look at which party they overwhelmingly support.  

Yes we have a flu vaccine, but we still have the flu too   

If we develop a vaccine for SARS COV 2 and administer it to the billions of people around the world, who is paying for that, and who is getting that money?  Talk about a transfer of wealth?  

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ginger said:

lol Toup, Where were you drinking! :) The cheapest I remember is $.50  or $.75 cent drafts, and $1.25 mixed drinks or bottles. $5.00 pitchers. OMG At Downs Ave Tavern my girlfriends would down fuzzy navels like they were going out of style.

I guess they probably are out of style now, good thing they got their fill! Personally, I couldn't stomach them.

At the Pine Lounge, n/k/a Abel’s...circa late 70’s-early 80’s!

In various size glasses...we were usually given 1 lg (draft glass) as a double, and 1 smaller single. Shoulda seen that bar around 7 pm on a Fri...covered in glasses.

5 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

At the Pine Lounge, n/k/a Abel’s...circa late 70’s-early 80’s!

In various size glasses...we were usually given 1 lg (draft glass) as a double, and 1 smaller single. Shoulda seen that bar around 7 pm on a Fri...covered in glasses.

I spent A LOT of time in The Pine from 1975 - 1980s.  You are spot on.  3 drinks for $1, but served in two glasses.  Pitchers were $1.50.  I'd bring friends from college there and they were shocked at the prices.  And the crowds.  Also had a helluva juke box back then.

...and let's not forget that smoking in bars was okay back then.  Given The Pine's square footage, along with lack of ventilation, you would leave there smelling like an ashtray. Many a night shirt and pants were left on the back porch, lest the house smell like The Pine.  But oh to have the days of The Pine Lounge back.  😎

14 hours ago, Property & Casualty said:

Ding Ding Ding We Have a Winner.  

You can look up who owns all of these companies and confirm this for yourself.  Then go take a look at which party they overwhelmingly support.  

Yes we have a flu vaccine, but we still have the flu too   

If we develop a vaccine for SARS COV 2 and administer it to the billions of people around the world, who is paying for that, and who is getting that money?  Talk about a transfer of wealth?  

Yes, major corporations own those companies. Who owns Disney? The shareholders. Who do the executives give money to? Both parties. Who owns Fox? Rupert Murdoch, we all know which way he leans. CBS Viacom? The head is Shari Redstone, she's a Dem contributor. So it seems like it's pretty split as to the party they support. At the end of the day they support the people that will make their companies the most profits. That's why the great majority of these companies give to both parties. They need to grease both wheels.

As for the COVID-19 vaccine, who will be paying for it? In the US it's going to be the people, through our health insurance. Who's getting the money? The pharmaceutical companies, they stand to profit in billions.

13 hours ago, ndirish said:

I spent A LOT of time in The Pine from 1975 - 1980s.  You are spot on.  3 drinks for $1, but served in two glasses.  Pitchers were $1.50.  I'd bring friends from college there and they were shocked at the prices.  And the crowds.  Also had a helluva juke box back then.

Quite right about the juke box!

Re: the drinks, somehow my brother claims they got theirs in a single draft glass, but I swear I never saw that while in there.