BCVoice Poll: Akshar, Quiter or Write-in?

BinghamtonBill

BCVoice Poll: Akshar, Quiter or Democrat Write-in?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. BCVoice Poll: Akshar, Quiter or Democrat Write-in?

• Akshar
    • Quiter
    • Democrat Write-in candidate

Like it or not, Senator chainsaw has a libous-like hold on this Senate seat for as long as he wants it unless the Democrats can run someone with some name recognition and popularity about them. And even then he would probably would still win given the R party enrollment edge in the district coupled with the fact that the state is already ruled by the opposite party. We are screwed no matter what.

45 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

If you don't like Akshar or Quiter why is it a wasted vote? At least someone gets to voice their displeasure. The only wasted vote is when someone doesn't vote.

giphy.gif

In seriousness, though, I'll toss Quiter a vote. No local Republican or Democrat will ever sit in Albany and tell us the truth when our local politicians fail to take advantage of the opportunities available to us, too many people who went to high school together covering each others' tracks. Akshar's priority has seemingly been drinking up the party's money with his new Albany friends.

I've always had issues with the big-L libertarians, in part because of their tolerance of ancaps (and watching them rage at Korchak in the perennial Libertarian game of "Let's Accuse Our Candidates Of Not Being 'Real Libertarians'" was just lame), but I'm willing to give someone who is still interested in limited government and market solutions but also independent of both machines a chance, even if his platform isn't completely developed.

I have heard nothing at all about this Dupre person, but if he's a Democratic candidate and couldn't be bothered to petition, that sounds pretty sketchy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, Common Sense said:

Even though he's Republican, and I intend to vote straight GOP, I'm leaving this one blank, too. I could never in good conscience vote for someone I see as corrupt and immoral.

Ethics matter. Can't expect perfection but want a good effort.

• 4 weeks later...