BCVoice Poll: Garnar or Bernhardsen

BinghamtonBill

BCVoice Poll: Garnar or Bernhardsen  

74 members have voted

1. 1. BCVoice Poll: Garnar or Bernhardsen

• Garnar
    • Bernhardsen

3 hours ago, Ted Williams said:

Bernhardsen doesn’t deserve a vote. Garnar isn’t perfect but Bernhardsen is the worst candidate to ever run for a county wide race.

Havent seen or heard anything about this guy to this point. Just checked his campaign FB page to see what he been saying and he has less than 200 likes and hadnt posted a thing for 6 months until few weeks ago. Why even bother running?

Garnar is going to win by at least 30 points.

The Broome County Republican Party and Karl Bernhardsen should be ashamed of themselves.  It was very obvious, even before Covid 19, Barnhardsen was not running to win.  But candidates who aren't running a real campaign, or aren't running to win, can bring up important issues, and make the incumbent candidate answer difficult questions.  No matter what party you're a member of, or who you favor, this is good for democracy.  Debate on important issues is a good thing.  When debate happens, the residents win.  When this doesn't happen, issues are ignored and brushed under the carpet.  Karl Bernhardsen has not raised a single issue in this campaign and is without question the worst candidate in Broome County history. 

9 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Bernhardsen is the drizzling shits. All this exercise was was a resume booster for him: “former county executive candidate”.

What’s Bernhardsen’s next move? He was an “essential employee” during the Covid shut down, in his high power position as a liquor store cashier.  He must expect to move on to the CIA? Homeland Security? Ambassador to the United Nations?

On 10/14/2020 at 5:18 AM, Binghamton Native said:

What’s Bernhardsen’s next move? He was an “essential employee” during the Covid shut down, in his high power position as a liquor store cashier.  He must expect to move on to the CIA? Homeland Security? Ambassador to the United Nations?

Which means he has more private sector business experience than Jason Garner...and he has a liquor connection! What's not to like? :) 

• 4 weeks later...

All campaign season I never saw/received anything from Bernhardsen. I only found out Garnar was being challenged when I sought out a sample ballot pretty close to voting day. For Bernhardsen to be able to get 35% of the vote without doing any campaigning (as far as I can tell) tells me a lot about what people think of Garnar. But it tells me even more about the people running the local Republican party - they are a disgrace and need to get their a$$es kicked out of here.