Ex Parks n Rec director Mookie Whalen’s unpaid 318K Restitution

92CorruptCourtStreet

In the deal with Gerald Mollen, Whalen had to pay $79,108, which he did. The city then took civil action against Whalen in Supreme Court, where he was order to pay $316,535.

Whalen had total control of a city bank account, and stole cash fees collected for youth sports leagues, uniforms and other recreation programs, according to a 2013 audit by the state Comptroller's Office. He used the cash to pay for his mortgage, summer rental home, car lease and loans to his sons, the audit said.

^^^It never does...great video^^ :) My brother had a friend in highschool nicknamed Mookie. I'll be darned if I can remember his name but I can see that kids face clear as day. I'll have to call him later.

Patricia Patty Schwartz was the City of Binghamton Treasurer, under Matt Ryan, who stoled $17,000 in parking ticket revenue. During this period of time, she was going out on the town, it seemed like every night, eating and drinking at Tranquil, posting photos of her extravagant meals and cocktails on Twitter. Tranquil was owned by then City Councilman Sean Massey.