Who will be first for vaccine

thomas

TBD 

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/pandemic-coronavirus-vaccine/2020/11/17/id/997353/

No decision has been made, but the consensus among many experts in the U.S. and globally is that health care workers should be first, said Sema Sgaier of the Surgo Foundation, a nonprofit group working on vaccine allocation issues.

An expert panel advising the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is also considering giving high priority to workers in essential industries, people with certain medical conditions, and people age 65 and older.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

The last I knew, Cuomo isn't letting anyone in NYS get the vaccine.

Except for himself, his daughters, his mother, and Fredo.

I love how Cuomo was bashing Trump daily about the lack of testing but when it came time for Fredo - BAM. Did anyone ask how come his brother seemed to have no problem get tested? And who had to do without so Fredo could get his?

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m with Cuomo on this one. 5-10 years from now there’ll be commercials from Law Firms that go something like this, “Did you take the deadly COVID-19 Vaccine back in 2020 and your Penis shrunk or exploded?! Call the Law Firm of Dewey, Cheetham and Howe...”

Let others be the guinea pigs. I’ll wait...

61-D44174-BF72-4876-B20-E-796-F2-A302-B7

3 minutes ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

I work in a nursing home, so I will be forced to take the vaccine as soon as it is available.  But with what I've seen (thanks to Cuomo), I am 'almost' willing to try it.

My heart goes out to you.  Tough situation to be in.  Please keep us updated once you do take it. Side effects, etc...

Just as I thought...the vaccines are going to require boosters several weeks later. It would be helpful if studies were initiated to research if asymptomatic patients have ever had SARS-1. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/about-vaccines/how-they-work.html

7 hours ago, ginger said:

Just as I thought...the vaccines are going to require boosters several weeks later. It would be helpful if studies were initiated to research if asymptomatic patients have ever had SARS-1. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/about-vaccines/how-they-work.html

It is well known that the civid antibodies in a person's blood are gone in 3 months.

^Sure because ones red blood cells regenerate every 90 days or so. Memory rNA / b/t/lymphocytes live...in your lymph glands. That's why you get swollen glands, body aches and a sore throat when you are sick. All of those lymph glands are activated.

4 hours ago, Kaz said:

Well that sucks. I never needed a 2nd flu shot, what's so special about Covid-19 that it requires 2?

They can't put a weakened live virus in you. Covid 19 infects red blood cells so it's tricky. I'm not seeing an option for dead aka attenuated virus. That's what you would get with influenza/flu shot. If you read the article there are so far 3 options...two of the options involve only injecting parts of the virus first then after a couple of weeks when your immune system copies those genomes/proteins, go back for the booster to get the rest of the rNA sequence. It's not really a booster, more like 2 separate vaccines. 

If you are exposed to covid 19 your immune system will recognize both sets of proteins and attack accordingly. I think that is going to be the safest option for me.

50 minutes ago, thomas said:

Vaccine ready for December distribution.

https://www.newsmax.com/

A couple of things I was pondering last night...it seems to me injecting any part of the covid genome could have serious consequences if you are colonized with the virus..a carrier so to speak...the question is, will the proteins bind to virus and trigger an active illness? If so, then everyone must have a negative test prior to administration of vaccination. 

On that same note...exposure...the theory right now...you can't get the flu from the flu shot, you must have already been exposed when you got the flu shot...it seems to me if you have an unidentified exposure and you add those proteins...that could actually accelerate/fortify the virus. Among nursing home populations I think a 10 day isolation prior to vaccination with 2 negative tests a week apart....better safe than sorry.

Unless the researchers have any better ideas or data nixing my suspicions? 

3 minutes ago, ginger said:

A couple of things I was pondering last night...it seems to me injecting any part of the covid genome could have serious consequences if you are colonized with the virus..a carrier so to speak...the question is, will the proteins bind to virus and trigger an active illness? If so, then everyone must have a negative test prior to administration of vaccination. 

On that same note...exposure...the theory right now...you can't get the flu from the flu shot, you must have already been exposed when you got the flu shot...it seems to me if you have an unidentified exposure and you add those proteins...that could actually accelerate/fortify the virus. Among nursing home populations I think a 10 day isolation prior to vaccination with 2 negative tests a week apart....better safe than sorry.

Unless the researchers have any better ideas or data nixing my suspicions? 

Ginger, sometimes your posts scare the shit out of me 😦 

27 you've been reading me for ten years...you know, when I get sick I get REALLY sick and this virus is not one I want to mess with. I haven't had a vacation in almost 5 years, and I rarely take a day off. Unless we get more comprehensive information I will have to take a vacation/isolate prior to getting any vaccine and have a negative test result. 

4 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Ginger, sometimes your posts scare the shit out of me 😦 

lol 27 I could show you some pretty compelling recent, like this month, medical journal findings regarding covid 19 and hemolytic anemia. This disease can burst your red blood cells. That means no oxygen, profuse poison in your blood that the kidneys can not filter. My great grandmother died from autoimmune hemolytic anemia resulting in kidney failure...not a road I care to follow her down. Funny thing...no one else in our family has this...I wonder, in retrospect if it was a virus that triggered this...I was only 7 when she died. I'll have to question my mom and aunt over the weekend to see what they remember.

(of course I did have that one incident with my kidneys drinking gin and tonic...so now of course I'm trying to remember things in perhaps a different light as in...was that the year we had SARS1 ? One nurse was so sick she had to have an aide take care of her at home...out of work for a month...was that the same year? I have to go to work but I'll be checking dates of when I posted stuff on BCV when I get a minute.

If regulators approve any of the vaccines in coming weeks, the companies have said distribution could begin almost immediately...

Upon authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the CDC has said first in line for vaccinations would be about 21 million healthcare workers and 3 million residents in long-term care facilities.

https://www.newsmax.com/headline/coronavirus-vaccine-availability/2020/11/25/id/998692/