Bob Joseph has Covid 19

Local News Sucks

Robert J. Ondecko, known on WNBF as Bob Joseph, has tested positive for Covid 19, and will host Binghamton Now remotely for a couple weeks.

Ondecko, who is a Tioga County resident, received his test results at the Broome County rapid testing site at the Vestal Library. The rapid tests in Broome County are for Broome County residents only. Did Ondecko lie about his address or present a falsified document to be tested in Broome County?

13 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

He must have broken a few rules.

Not necessarily at all. I didn’t break any rules at all and I got it. Just finished spending a week in the Lourdes COVID wing. Discharged just tonight but I still feel quite lousy breathing-wise and weak. This sucks bigtime.

Just now, WolfMan said:

Not necessarily at all. I didn’t break any rules at all and I got it. Just finished spending a week in the Lourdes COVID wing. Discharged just tonight but I still feel quite lousy breathing-wise and weak. This sucks bigtime.

I am glad you are recovering.

And if people who were going to Lourdes Emergency Room or the other 2 hospitals for flu symptoms were instead reporting to a designated facility for contagious disease there would not rampant cross contamination. 

10 hours ago, Local News Sucks said:

...Did Ondecko lie about his address or present a falsified document to be tested in Broome County?

Ummmm....Rules are for followers.

BTW - Isn't the Ondecko family tied to Lourdes? Might mean a VIP suite if he ends up there.

20 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Ummmm....Rules are for followers.

BTW - Isn't the Ondecko family tied to Lourdes? Might mean a VIP suite if he ends up there.

Not a chance. The two COVID wings are quite isolated with many rules and protocols to protect patients and the staff working them. Things are really tight there. 

When Bob is out doing his stories he is within 6 feet of people. He usually has a mask on but how often is he washing his hands? He doesn’t need to go to a location to do his stories, he could use the phone, zoom or email. None of us can say we’ve followed all health recommendations 100% of the time. 

12 hours ago, WolfMan said:

Hope you get feeling better soon. How do you think you contacted it?

Fecal matter plays a huge role in the spread of C19.

Go before you leave the house and try not to go when you are out.

Hold it until you get home, if you can.

After you are done, doing what you have to, roll out enough paper to dry your hands. 

Only turn on one faucet. 

Wash your hands and shut off the faucet with your elbow. 

Use the paper to dry your hands.  Then use the paper towels to open the door.

In and out, as fast as you can.

22 minutes ago, JoeTheDrunk said:

Hope you get feeling better soon. How do you think you contacted it?

I was hospitalized on 11/12 (Lourdes AND Wilson) then Wilson again on 11/21 (after discharge 11/20), then again 12/2. 

Upon my discharge on 11/24 I was told I was exposed to someone in the ER that tested positive after being in the ER. . I am pretty sure where it happened exactly. I was wearing my mask and gloves but my eyes were exposed. I figure it was that way. Might have been a nurse, might have been a patient.

Bob Joseph is a smart ass do as I say, not as I do liberal. Every time he mentioned Trump or a republican having Covid, he said it in a sarcastic way, like they did something wrong, to come down with it. Now he’s acting like a martyr, trying to win sympathy because he has it. 

Don’t forget. Bob was off for over half the summer, because he was constantly coming into contact to people with Covid. Sounds to me like he hasn’t followed the same guidelines that have been repeated over and over and over on his show.

15 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Fecal matter plays a huge role in the spread of C19.

Go before you leave the house and try not to go when you are out.

Hold it until you get home, if you can.

After you are done, doing what you have to, roll out enough paper to dry your hands. 

Only turn on one faucet. 

Wash your hands and shut off the faucet with your elbow. 

Use the paper to dry your hands.  Then use the paper towels to open the door.

In and out, as fast as you can.

This is a problem travelling and really for convenience stores across the state. I bring my own paper towels in or will grab some napkins but there are NO PAPER TOWELS in some restrooms only hand dryers. I watched a young lady who is working the counter, handling pizza and breakfast sandwiches, she followed me in the restroom. She turns off the faucet after both of us turned it on and then dries her hands with the dryer, blowing the potential invisible enemies all over the room. I THINK THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH NEEDS TO INSERVICE THESE PEOPLE AND FORCE THESE STORES TO PROVIDE PAPER TOWELS.

https://images.app.goo.gl/FWAE4YMxXRBG6Xo19

How is Bob Joseph going to blame this on Donald Trump which he is more then likely to do. I caught part of his show last week and he stated his show was the best talk show WNBF has ever had. No ego problem there. So many times when he has had public officials on he has had the chance to ask some tough questions and he never does. Bob should check himself, grow a set and start treating all callers with courtesy as opposed to only the ones that agree with his opinion of things. In a big market he would have been gone long ago. No matter I hope he gets better.

Bob is very fortunate. As someone else said, he was off for weeks, anytime he was around someone with Covid. When he’s at work, he’s in a small studio all by himself. The call screener is separated by a wall and door, and guests are not allowed in the studio. Most of us aren’t afforded those very generous working conditions. No one makes Bob go the places he goes or eat out as often as he does. Those are his decisions. 

20 hours ago, WolfMan said:

I have broke all the rules and didn't get it. WTF?

22 hours ago, Ted Williams said:

Bob Joseph is a smart ass do as I say, not as I do liberal. Every time he mentioned Trump or a republican having Covid, he said it in a sarcastic way, like they did something wrong, to come down with it. Now he’s acting like a martyr, trying to win sympathy because he has it. 

Don’t forget. Bob was off for over half the summer, because he was constantly coming into contact to people with Covid. Sounds to me like he hasn’t followed the same guidelines that have been repeated over and over and over on his show.

No, sounds to me he was milking company policy on the Wuhan Flu. Lot of folks have done so.

I’ll never listen to Bob on a regular basis after how biased he was in covering fracking several years ago. Sometimes I’ll turn on the show just for a laugh.

I also think Bob was lying about being exposed to people with Covid, just for time off. Isn’t it interesting that all of Bob’s Covid exposure started right when summer began? 

Bob is dishonest and condescending and he shouldn’t have a show on WNBF.

5 hours ago, suefromupstate said:

I’ll never listen to Bob on a regular basis after how biased he was in covering fracking several years ago. Sometimes I’ll turn on the show just for a laugh.

I also think Bob was lying about being exposed to people with Covid, just for time off. Isn’t it interesting that all of Bob’s Covid exposure started right when summer began? 

Bob is dishonest and condescending and he shouldn’t have a show on WNBF.

People who test positive are given a letter to show their employer.