Dishonest greedy Joshua Shapiro for Family Court?

Rebecca DeMornay

I have seen that dishonest and greedy Vestal resident Joshua Shapiro is running for Family Court Judge. He is not a man to trust or one you would want making decisions involving families. His campaign slogan is “putting families first” what I think he means is putting HIS family first. That is exactly what he did to Binghamton City Court.

Shapiro works for the NY Office of Court Administration. Where he is involved in all of the town and village courts in Broome County, and Binghamton City Court. When there was an opening for Chief Court Clerk in Binghamton, what did Shapiro do? Hire his wife.

Mrs. Shapiro (or Katz as she is known) had absolutely no qualification to be Chief Court Clerk. She has never worked in a court. Her previous experience was working for Broome County Department of Personnel.

Because she didn’t deserve the job and doesn’t know the job she has made many enemies in City Court and screwed up the courts. They are a complete mess.

This is Joshua Shapiro... dishonest and greedy! A big six figure job for his unqualified clueless wife, at the expense of everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Rebecca DeMornay said:

I have seen that dishonest and greedy Vestal resident Joshua Shapiro is running for Family Court Judge. He is not a man to trust or one you would want making decisions involving families. His campaign slogan is “putting families first” what I think he means is putting HIS family first. That is exactly what he did to Binghamton City Court.

Shapiro works for the NY Office of Court Administration. Where he is involved in all of the town and village courts in Broome County, and Binghamton City Court. When there was an opening for Chief Court Clerk in Binghamton, what did Shapiro do? Hire his wife.

Mrs. Shapiro (or Katz as she is known) had absolutely no qualification to be Chief Court Clerk. She has never worked in a court. Her previous experience was working for Broome County Department of Personnel.

Because she didn’t deserve the job and doesn’t know the job she has made many enemies in City Court and screwed up the courts. They are a complete mess.

This is Joshua Shapiro... dishonest and greedy! A big six figure job for his unqualified clueless wife, at the expense of everyone else.

This sounds awfully similar regarding another family court candidate tMara Young Grace who is the sister of our current Broome county family court judge Mark Young

https://www.facebook.com/maragraceforfamilycourt/

Shapiro is dirty. He was Jerry Mollen’s right hand man, when Mollen was DA. I testified in grand jury on a case Shapiro had, I couldn’t believe how unethical Shapiro was. Meeting with him he was late and unorganized. His office smelled like rotten food. Then he tried putting words in my mouth. Sorry pal, I’m not going to lie under oath. 

1 hour ago, Endwellian said:

Where is Shapiro from? Vestal High school grad? He is related to local attorney Harvey Shapiro? 

No relation to Harvey Shapiro. Josh Shapiro is from Long Island. Jerry Mollen brought him here around 2012. He has no family here. His wife is also from downstate. I’m not a fan. I won’t be voting for him. 

Duties: Chief Court Clerks are responsible for administration and supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Clerk’s Office, including areas such as intake, courtroom deputies, jury, case management, electronic case filing systems, records management, statistical reporting, quality assurance, staffing, and procedural manuals.

Jennifer Katz Shapiro has no experience in any of those areas.  A college intern would have more qualifications for the position than her.

Shapiro is trying to make a big splash with his campaign announcement this week, but I don't think his campaign will go anywhere.  With two seats up, and three Democrats rumored to run, forcing a Democrat primary, I think Shapiro is the Democrat who loses and doesn't move on to November.

Mara Grace will have money.  Sam Monachino will have money.  I don't think Shapiro will have the money he needs to compete with the other two (despite the six figure job he stole for his wife).

25 minutes ago, Wildcat23 said:

Shapiro is trying to make a big splash with his campaign announcement this week, but I don't think his campaign will go anywhere.  With two seats up, and three Democrats rumored to run, forcing a Democrat primary, I think Shapiro is the Democrat who loses and doesn't move on to November.

Mara Grace will have money.  Sam Monachino will have money.  I don't think Shapiro will have the money he needs to compete with the other two (despite the six figure job he stole for his wife).

Mara young grace who’s brother is the current broome family court judge Mark Young, you believe she will have more money than Josh Shapiro? 

13 minutes ago, Bingking said:

Mara young grace who’s brother is the current broome family court judge Mark Young, you believe she will have more money than Josh Shapiro? 

Mara's husband does very well in private practice, they will throw in probably $50,000.  And she can get a check from her father for another $50,000. Shapiro doesn't have that kind of money.  The $25 check from Lena Bishop isn't going to buy him any TV ads.

7 hours ago, Wildcat23 said:

BINGO.  Shapiro gets his ass kicked in a Grace/Monachino/Shapiro primary.  The Democratic Party primary will be fun to watch. 

22 hours ago, Wildcat23 said:

Mara's husband does very well in private practice, they will throw in probably $50,000.  And she can get a check from her father for another $50,000. Shapiro doesn't have that kind of money.  The $25 check from Lena Bishop isn't going to buy him any TV ads.

Her brother who is the current family court judge mark young spent 100K on his campaign back in 2014 with bill sheredy. Mara will need a lot of money if she wants to win

"I am running for Family Court Judge on a platform of putting families first. Family does not always mean blood. I believe families are also groups of people bound together by love, respect, support, stability, and safety," Shapiro said in a press release. https://www.wicz.com/story/43140787/josh-shapiro-announces-2021-candidacy-for-broome-county-family-court

There is a very clear legal definition of family. Read the Family Court Act you moron! 

Joshua Shapiro “bringing love back to the court room!” 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

Mark young took out a 60k mortgage on his home when he lived on Beethoven and aquired the other 40k from family. I wouldn’t say “loaded” is the word but Pete Moss nailed it earlier when he said 200k for a judgeship 

OK, so basically everyone is in the same boat and 2 people will win.

Want to know who I'm going to vote for? I will, as always, take into consideration if the candidate is a life long Broome resident. If they are, and they appear to meet the standards needed for the office, I will vote for them. Even if an out of area person has similar credentials.

If they have Broome roots but don't meet the standards needed for the office they are running for and someone that has roots out of the area does? I will vote for the out of the area person, i.e., Korchak over Battisti.

Parties shouldn't matter in community races.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:45 PM, Back the Blue said:

"I am running for Family Court Judge on a platform of putting families first. Family does not always mean blood. I believe families are also groups of people bound together by love, respect, support, stability, and safety," Shapiro said in a press release. https://www.wicz.com/story/43140787/josh-shapiro-announces-2021-candidacy-for-broome-county-family-court

There is a very clear legal definition of family. Read the Family Court Act you moron! 

Joshua Shapiro “bringing love back to the court room!” 🤣🤣🤣

Just saw this. Shapiro canceled his virtual campaign announcement because of what happened in Washington. Are you kidding me? He’s either really pandering to Democrats, knowing he will be in a Democratic primary race in June, or he’s having second thoughts about running. I’m a democrat and that from Shapiro is embarrassing. If he was to win, would he not show up to work every time something happens in the world? Pretty sad and pathetic.

9096214D-DF33-4129-8EDB-08A92698FB7E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Endwellian said:

Just saw this. Shapiro canceled his virtual campaign announcement because of what happened in Washington. Are you kidding me? He’s either really pandering to Democrats, knowing he will be in a Democratic primary race in June, or he’s having second thoughts about running. I’m a democrat and that from Shapiro is embarrassing. If he was to win, would he not show up to work every time something happens in the world? Pretty sad and pathetic.

Are Josh Shapiro’s opponents bullying him to back out 

2 hours ago, Endwellian said:

Sad and pathetic are perfect words for Shapiro. He’s a huge p*ssy. I remember a few years ago he called the BPD claiming he was nearly run down and hit by a car right on Hawley Street. He said he thought it was the family of an angry defendant trying to get even with him. Video surveillance of Hawley Street was reviewed, the car didn’t come within 20 feet of Shapiro.  

He’s probably been in a bomb shelter since last week.  He’s afraid of his own shadow. 

On 1/5/2021 at 7:06 PM, Clyde said:

Shapiro is dirty. He was Jerry Mollen’s right hand man, when Mollen was DA. I testified in grand jury on a case Shapiro had, I couldn’t believe how unethical Shapiro was. Meeting with him he was late and unorganized. His office smelled like rotten food. Then he tried putting words in my mouth. Sorry pal, I’m not going to lie under oath. 

He looks like the kind of guy who’s office would smell like rotten food.