Endicott Interconnect Wants Permit To Emit Chemicals

Guest Guest

Endicott Interconnect Wants Permit To Emit Chemicals

http://www.binghamtonpress.com/apps/pbcs.d...MUN03/802030372

yes, EIT is applying for permits that every other corporation in our country applies for. the problem is when they emit something that they do not have permit for. i know it's confusing. i would suggest not drinking the chemicals we are referring to. it's effected your brain.

yes, EIT is applying for permits that every other corporation in our country applies for. the problem is when they emit something that they do not have permit for. i know it's confusing. i would suggest not drinking the chemicals we are referring to. it's effected your brain.

That would be "affected" - must be you've already had your drink!

why is this stuff in the New York Times but not in the local paper? or did I miss it??

METRO BRIEFING | NEW YORK; Binghamton: I.B.M. Sued Over Dumping

By ANTHONY DEPALMA

Published: January 4, 2008

Lawyers representing nearly 1,000 upstate residents filed a lawsuit in State Supreme Court here on Thursday charging I.B.M. with dumping industrial solvents that have contaminated hundreds of homes and businesses over several decades in and around the Broome County village of Endicott. I.B.M. manufactured a range of products, including typewriters and computers, in Endicott from 1924 until 2002. The company discharged millions of gallons of trichlorethylene and other solvents that, over time, formed an underground plume of hazardous chemicals. In 1979, it was discovered that vapors from the chemicals were seeping into homes in Endicott and the neighboring town of Union. Michael Maloney, a company spokesman, said I.B.M. began to address the problem in late 2002, and so far has installed vapor remediation systems in more than 440 properties. The lawsuit claims that residents face higher rates of kidney cancer and other diseases while also suffering losses in the value of their properties.

why is this stuff in the New York Times but not in the local paper? or did I miss it??

METRO BRIEFING | NEW YORK; Binghamton: I.B.M. Sued Over Dumping

By ANTHONY DEPALMA

Published: January 4, 2008

Lawyers representing nearly 1,000 upstate residents filed a lawsuit in State Supreme Court here on Thursday charging I.B.M. with dumping industrial solvents that have contaminated hundreds of homes and businesses over several decades in and around the Broome County village of Endicott. I.B.M. manufactured a range of products, including typewriters and computers, in Endicott from 1924 until 2002. The company discharged millions of gallons of trichlorethylene and other solvents that, over time, formed an underground plume of hazardous chemicals. In 1979, it was discovered that vapors from the chemicals were seeping into homes in Endicott and the neighboring town of Union. Michael Maloney, a company spokesman, said I.B.M. began to address the problem in late 2002, and so far has installed vapor remediation systems in more than 440 properties. The lawsuit claims that residents face higher rates of kidney cancer and other diseases while also suffering losses in the value of their properties.

[/

you haven't seen this in the local media? what cave have you been living in? it's been covered for the last 3 yrs.. i think you should have a drink of those chemicals with me. they are "affecting" both of us.

Archived