Broome County Landlords Unite Against Cuomo

F. Lee Bailey

Landlords in Broome County have received no assistance in paying property taxes, or water bills, as they have been unable to collect rent, due to Andrew Cuomo's Eviction Moratorium. Landlords like the Kachadourian family, who have owned properties in Broome County for close to 100 years, have had their properties trashed by deadbeat tenants, paying no rent, protected by the State of NY.  Then the deadbeats move on, and do it to another landlord. Were is the assistance for the landlords, still forced to pay their taxes and utilities, while not able to collect any rent, as their properties are trashed?

Perhaps the city and the county should be on the hook for these bills, not the landlords. 

If you are a landlord in the same situation as the Kachadourian family, please reach out to us at BCVoiceNews@gmail.com, together we have a stronger voice and can force the changes we need to see to save our properties and our bank accounts. 

Last week on Binghamton Now I heard someone speaking about starting a Facebook page addressing these issues, trying to connect with people for information sharing purposes. I thought he said his name was Michael Reed. So I went looking on Facebook and I did find a young man with this name but not the page regarding property owners. 

In any event I did have the time to look over this person's FB...Where the heck has this kid been hiding? SIGN HIM UP FOR SENATOR! SIGN HIM UP FOR SOMETHING!

Yes, thanks...that was it. I spelled the name wrong. Funny how I found someone from this area with the same name and appears very cool. I wish we could at least get him on BCV. Nobody knows this kid? He's got the "it" factor..belongs in politics.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 2:27 PM, F. Lee Bailey said:

Landlords in Broome County have received no assistance in paying property taxes, or water bills, as they have been unable to collect rent, due to Andrew Cuomo's Eviction Moratorium. Landlords like the Kachadourian family, who have owned properties in Broome County for close to 100 years, have had their properties trashed by deadbeat tenants, paying no rent, protected by the State of NY.  Then the deadbeats move on, and do it to another landlord. Were is the assistance for the landlords, still forced to pay their taxes and utilities, while not able to collect any rent, as their properties are trashed?

Perhaps the city and the county should be on the hook for these bills, not the landlords. 

If you are a landlord in the same situation as the Kachadourian family, please reach out to us at BCVoiceNews@gmail.com, together we have a stronger voice and can force the changes we need to see to save our properties and our bank accounts. 

I don't recall any Broome County landlords being vilified on action news for supporting Trump or fighting for America First. That means they wanted the new world order and they can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. Let these low level leftist scumbags eat their own medicine. They deserve it.

• 5 months later...

Did you hear the disbursement of NYS $2.7 billion dollars of rental assistance is being administered by some outfit in Illinois? I bet a billion goes missing on top of paying them in excess of $400 million for their services. 

Sorry I can't link.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, ginger said:

Did you hear the disbursement of NYS $2.7 billion dollars of rental assistance is being administered by some outfit in Illinois? I bet a billion goes missing on top of paying them in excess of $400 million for their services. 

Sorry I can't link.

In presser today President Biden said the same^^^ Your states have their money, there will be no more moratoriums on rent. I think the legislature should sue to get that money back in NY before it disappears.

Landlord buys house.  
Landlord rents house to tenant.  
Tenant stops paying rent.  
Landlord exhausts savings paying mortgage and taxes to avoid foreclosure.  
A/C breaks down.  
Landlord cannot pay.  
Landlord now sued by non-paying tenants for breach of implied covenant of habitability.  
What a great country.