Bitcoin

27 Time World Champions

I recently watched a documentary on Bitcoin and I’m still confused. Would anybody out there in BCVoice Land care to share their thoughts on Bitcoin. What does the future look like? Where is the best place to buy it? How the heck do you mine it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know we have people on this board much smarter than me so thanks in advance. 

Is Elon Musk trying to tell us something?

29-A385-EC-D98-F-4025-84-AE-B59-FC180129

I have no clue but I did see cryptocurrency is now going to be allowed to be handled by Main St Banks. The argument for that was, why? The whole point is to keep it out of the hands of the Feds.

I suppose we'll learn more as it becomes more mainstream...and more expensive. 

• 1 year later...

I just saw a NY couple was arrested for trying to launder $3.6 billion dollars in stolen Bitcoin.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/feds-seize-3point6-billion-stolen-from-bitfinex-hack.html

Not sure how you "seize" imaginary currency.  NFPs are another thing I don't quite understand.  Land, property - now those are sensible investments.  It's the only thing they're not making any more of.

8 minutes ago, FormerSomeone said:

I just saw a NY couple was arrested for trying to launder $3.6 billion dollars in stolen Bitcoin.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/feds-seize-3point6-billion-stolen-from-bitfinex-hack.html

Not sure how you "seize" imaginary currency.  NFPs are another thing I don't quite understand.  Land, property - now those are sensible investments.  It's the only thing they're not making any more of.

I saw that too. There is a guy who has hundreds of millions of dollars in Bitcoin and forgot his password and he has two attempts left in his lifetime to guess the right passcode to his digital wallet and if he gets it wrong he forever forfeits his Bitcoin wallet . 

Coinbase is the best place to buy and sell Bitcoin or any other digital coins on the coinbase site.