Sign in to follow this  
27 Time World Champions

Auto Mechanic recommondations

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam on BCVoice, but an update never hurts. My Auto Mechanic retired and my family is looking for a new one. Honest, Reliable, Skilled, etc... you know the drill. Thanks!

*Any opinions on Anthony's Service on Main St in Binghamton?

20 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam on BCVoice, but an update never hurts. My Auto Mechanic retired and my family is looking for a new one. Honest, Reliable, Skilled, etc... you know the drill. Thanks!

*Any opinions on Anthony's Service on Main St in Binghamton?

I wanted to ask before I dropped a name...I've been using Carroll Motors in Harpursville/Afton.

Seth and Pete...experienced, no pressure ie if you need one tire they don't guilt you into putting on 2 tires. If you need 2 tires and can't afford both...they won't guilt you into that either...just come back when you can. Seth is a car nazi with me but he knows I'm on the road all of the time and is terrified of me breaking down or having an accident. For a casual driver I expect he is less so. Total car guys, love to talk shop and reminisce. They will not pad your bill. They managed to keep my Jeep running for 310K miles with nothing wrong until the alternator went...then another 60K until the tranny blew. Regular oil changes with Lucas added. Tires, 2 wheel bearings and rear brakes...that's all I had to have done in 3 plus years for all of those miles. Oh, a tune up..and light bulbs. 

They don't do alignments or body work, they know guys that do. Yes they do inspections.

I still have to buy a new car. I'd get something diesel or electric but I don't know what. 

Oh I just remembered, your appointment is your appointment...they don't force you to leave your car until they get to it.

Shara's Auto Repair in Endwell quoted me a price to for a new slave cylinder and installation, and when I picked it up they charged me about 100 dollars less than the original quote.  The only time I can ever remember a mechanic charging less than a quote.  This did happen 20 years ago, so your mileage may vary.

1 hour ago, BC is History said:

Shara's Auto Repair in Endwell quoted me a price to for a new slave cylinder and installation, and when I picked it up they charged me about 100 dollars less than the original quote.  The only time I can ever remember a mechanic charging less than a quote.  This did happen 20 years ago, so your mileage may vary.

I like Shara's because they fix your car the first time.  In 20 years I never had to take a car back a second time for the same problem.