WBNG’s Chloe Vincente leaving for Birmingham, AL

Local News Sucks

9 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Really, John?!  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

9-CA4-AE71-C1-AB-4961-9-CCC-09-B90-E68-E

I usually don’t mind Solak. He’s wrong on this one. 

He’s wrong on a lot actually. More so than not he embellishes. 

He’s now trying to take credit for forcing her out of BNG to Birmingham. Yeah ok John, I’m sure it has nothing to do with her going to a bigger market in her career like 90% of people do at local affiliates when they start their broadcast careers. 

He’s not that far off actually.  My family has done advertising with WBNG for well over 30 years. I’ve spoken with many salespeople, management, even on air staff during promotions we were involved in. The culture at WBNG has long been very conservative. Management expects their staff to conduct themselves a certain way in public. From how they dress to where they hang out. 

About 15 years ago, just when it seemed like things were changing, there were several instances of a WBNG reporter going out all the time and getting beaten up on State Street. WBNG even sided with him, and blamed the Binghamton Police for roughing the reporter up. Appearing on tv with a black eye. Then he went out and did it again the next weekend. At the point WBNG reigned their staff back in, the stricter rules were put in place.

9 hours ago, guest11 said:

He’s not that far off actually.  My family has done advertising with WBNG for well over 30 years. I’ve spoken with many salespeople, management, even on air staff during promotions we were involved in. The culture at WBNG has long been very conservative. Management expects their staff to conduct themselves a certain way in public. From how they dress to where they hang out. 

About 15 years ago, just when it seemed like things were changing, there were several instances of a WBNG reporter going out all the time and getting beaten up on State Street. WBNG even sided with him, and blamed the Binghamton Police for roughing the reporter up. Appearing on tv with a black eye. Then he went out and did it again the next weekend. At the point WBNG reigned their staff back in, the stricter rules were put in place.

Solak, the Howard Beale of Binghamton media, has pretty good instincts.

9 hours ago, guest11 said:

Yes, I believe this to be pretty accurate.  I was chatting with a WBNG reporter about 5 years ago at an event she was covering.  She told me she got a second job waiting tables, to help pay her bills, because WBNG starting pay was so low.  And WBNG made her quit, because the restaurant served alcohol. 

I don't see how that picture can be considered even close to being anything scandalous or indecent. It's a female on a beach in a bikini. And she's a reporter not a nun in a monastery. You see way more scandalous/questionable stuff on prime time TV. Binghamton is just a step on the media staircase - anyone who has ambition, talent, and no ties to the area isn't going to stick around here. Best of luck Chloe.