Pay Attention and Follow the Grain Markets

27 Time World Champions

I think this is where almost all are asleep at the wheel. When commodities prices rise, the road to fucked is the only road. Skip to 9:15. Sue has been a commodities analyst for many years and she's a straight shooter. It will be interesting to see how this prediction ages. For reference, wheat, soybeans, and corn currently trade around $7, $14, and $5, respectively. $42 wheat would be a major disruption. I think something huge is coming our way and soon. Be prepared!

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

So, if you believe this woman, what is the play?

If she’s right on grain prices there won’t only be food riots, there will be war. 

China can’t survive that price shock—along with many other countries. Mexican citizens will riot if corn doubles. If tortillas double in price many will be forced to eat half the amount they are eating now. 

I’ll ask one of my buddies what he thinks. He is a major grain broker in Kansas.  I’ll also ask my “pig farmer” buddy. He says China is extremely sensitive about food supplies. They should be; they have many mouths to feed. This is an ill wind. Not really my speciality, Pete, but I know people who are in the know and they’re concerned. 

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to stock up as much as I can afford to. I hope our bakeries don't take too much of a hit. I only like Felix Roma Italian bread.