Don Giovanni returns to WNBF

D87-A167-C-3-B8-F-4-BBD-98-C4-EC9-C63-DE
Copy and paste job because nobody would click on any link from me 😀

Local Radio Personality Don Giovanni is coming back home to the WNBF airwaves beginning the weekend of March 6th & 7th with two longtime fan favorites, the Sinatra Show and the Italian House Party. Binghamton native Don Giovanni has been entertaining radio audiences with great music and conversation for over three decades, and yesterday we made it official, he is part of the WNBF family once again.

Saturday nights from 6p to 9p, the WNBF airwaves will be filled with the music of one of the greatest entertainers of all time, the legendary Frank Sinatra. And each Sunday from Noon to 3p following the Bill Flynn Polka Show, Don Giovanni hosts another fan favorite, it’s the Italian House Party. 

I thought 1290 was 'News/Talk'? There's a whole dial full of stations that do music. WNBF had a pretty good weekend lineup for years with the financial guy, the car guy, Bohannon, etc. Nothing against Flynn and Giovanni, just don't see how their weekend programming fits the station's genre.

15 hours ago, Kaz said:

I thought 1290 was 'News/Talk'? There's a whole dial full of stations that do music. WNBF had a pretty good weekend lineup for years with the financial guy, the car guy, Bohannon, etc. Nothing against Flynn and Giovanni, just don't see how their weekend programming fits the station's genre.

I agree.  And now with Rush gone there's really no reason I tune in.  I'll stick with podcasts of what I want to listen to, and the best part of that is no Bob Joseph!

I wish the Italian House Party was on Saturday night 6-9 and Sinatra Sunday noon to three. 

6-9 Saturday is open for me but I'm usually sleeping on Sunday afternoon till I go to work. Add to that WABC 770...Joe Piscopo has a tremendous Sinatra show on Sunday. I've been tunes in the last 2 weeks, the guests and stories...deep cuts are stellar. listen at the 4:00 mark ... :)