BC Legislator Suzy Ryan... lost and clueless!

Clyde

I was just in a meeting with someone watching the March 18, 2021, Broome County Legislature meeting. I’ve seen some really dumb things in government. But tonight takes the cake.

After 55 minutes, basically an hour of the meeting with several votes already taking place, Legislator Suzy Ryan (Democrat, west side of Binghamton) raises her hand and says she can’t find the meeting agenda. 

She voted on several pieces of legislation, having no idea what she was voting on. And apparently has never used the Broome County website or seen the Facebook page that posts the links and agendas.

3 hours ago, Clyde said:

I was just in a meeting with someone watching the March 18, 2021, Broome County Legislature meeting. I’ve seen some really dumb things in government. But tonight takes the cake.

After 55 minutes, basically an hour of the meeting with several votes already taking place, Legislator Suzy Ryan (Democrat, west side of Binghamton) raises her hand and says she can’t find the meeting agenda. 

She voted on several pieces of legislation, having no idea what she was voting on. And apparently has never used the Broome County website or seen the Facebook page that posts the links and agendas.

She sounds like a typical school board member.

I saw Ms. Ryan too.  What a sad excuse for a legislator.

Two other interesting points from the meeting, Legislator Kim Myers got up on her soapbox saying she her voice was cracking and she was physically shaking over the violence in Atlanta, GA, and the "Racist" killing of the Asian massage parlor employees. But she did not mention the murder of the two non Asians. Apparently their lives did not matter to Ms. Myers. 

Also interesting was the vote for the District Attorney's pay raise for an employee.  The raise was approved by an 8/7 vote.  One legislator stated they had turned down a pay raise for the director of Emergency Services because of the poor timing during Covid.  And this vote falls under that same category.  I don't know how hard this person has been working in the DA's office, but if the Emergency Services director is denied a raise during Covid, probably working 80 hours a week, this DA employee must be pretty sensational. 

3 hours ago, PA Border said:

I saw Ms. Ryan too.  What a sad excuse for a legislator.

Two other interesting points from the meeting, Legislator Kim Myers got up on her soapbox saying she her voice was cracking and she was physically shaking over the violence in Atlanta, GA, and the "Racist" killing of the Asian massage parlor employees. But she did not mention the murder of the two non Asians. Apparently their lives did not matter to Ms. Myers. 

Also interesting was the vote for the District Attorney's pay raise for an employee.  The raise was approved by an 8/7 vote.  One legislator stated they had turned down a pay raise for the director of Emergency Services because of the poor timing during Covid.  And this vote falls under that same category.  I don't know how hard this person has been working in the DA's office, but if the Emergency Services director is denied a raise during Covid, probably working 80 hours a week, this DA employee must be pretty sensational. 

Myers is an empty suit.  She has no idea about how the rest of the world lives, and it shows. 

23 hours ago, Clyde said:

Maybe she was drunk at the meeting, like Endicott Mayor Linda Jackson?

I follow happenings in local government pretty closely, and I’ve never heard of Suzy Ryan. 

• 8 months later...

The 30 year old woman who broke up Suzy Ryan's marriage has been all over the west side bad mouthing her.  She's also been attending lots of Republican events.  So it looks like an effort is already underway to beat Suzy Ryan in the next election.  I know Suzy and I don't care for her.  But I don't like the fact the woman who stole Suzy's husbands is out on the campaign trail against her. 

11 hours ago, strawberry said:

The 30 year old woman who broke up Suzy Ryan's marriage has been all over the west side bad mouthing her.  She's also been attending lots of Republican events.  So it looks like an effort is already underway to beat Suzy Ryan in the next election.  I know Suzy and I don't care for her.  But I don't like the fact the woman who stole Suzy's husbands is out on the campaign trail against her. 

DB27A076-5983-40A8-9628-7E5BB321CB4A.jpeg