DA Korchak can't act surprised or claim ignorance

David Brinkley

When news breaks involving his office and some very troubling information, Michael Korchak can't act surprised or claim ignorance. I know for a fact Korchak was made aware of the information two weeks ago and has done nothing.  By choosing to take no action he is encouraging what is going on to continue. 

2 hours ago, Alan Dershowitz said:

Many of the “concerns” expressed with Paul Battisti have turned out to be true of Korchak’s team. We will hear more of that soon.

Korchak ran for DA on experience. How much experience does it require for Korchak and his assistant DAs to call victims back about their cases? The Korchak DAs office does not return phone calls and victims are clueless about the status of their cases. 

I supported Korchak (Vehemently), and voted for him.

You talk about "Buyers Remorse"!!

The biggest reason I backed him was because I knew if Battisti became DA it would just be like having Mollen back in charge.

I still believe that would have happened, but NOW, Korchak has basically made my worst nightmare come true.

He is apparently no different!

His first mistake was appointing Loughran to be his Chief Assistant.

This guy was, is, and always will be a predator!

Did Korchak not vet the people he was bringing on???

Maybe he just did not care about this clowns past deeds!

Cornwell had that office running like a well oiled machine. They got shit done!!!

All Mike had to do was keep the ball rolling and put his "signature" on it. But NOPE!

Right now that office is nothing but a huge cluster F%CK!!

Not good!

It seems like all Mike cares about is if he is going to have an opponent in three years. Seriously? Three years!

Well Mike, I have just one question for you.

Can you spell P-R-I-M-A-R-Y??

Because that is what you are in for my friend!

And one other thing. Just because you hired Deb Gelson, and are paying her to basically do Jack Shit, DO NOT think for one minute she can save your ass from a Dem. opponent or tell the good folks at WFP (The party of NO workers and NO families) and Citizen Action how wonderful you are. You are being HAD!!!

Good luck in three years!

IF you make it that long!  

I voted for Korchak, because I knew Gelson didn’t stand a chance and I didn’t want the Republican Party controlling the DA’s office, under a Battisti administration. A few things:

If there is sexual harassment in the office and he is really doing nothing about it, there goes his re-election. 

I haven’t seen much from the office. With Covid the court system did close down. But I’m still surprised how little we’ve seen from Korchak since being elected.

Because of this thread and John Solak, people are talking about Korchak. I’m mostly in touch with the “old guard” of the Democratic Party. The one thing we did hear was he rewarded his 2019 campaign staff with big pay taxpayer funded raises when he was elected.  In this day and age that is incredibly stupid, and an investigation into that would end his career.

This time last year I was scheduled to go for an interview to be on a Grand Jury.  That was postpones 2 times. 

There is not much going on at the DA's office right now.

If Korchak did give his loyal campaign staff raises, that should be foilable.  Foils are Solak's bread and butter.

Solak has budget numbers posted.  Under Korchak salaries are up $381,914 and employee benefits are up $182,035.   Total of $563,949.

At a time when the courts were shut down, how did he justify these raises?  The rumors he rewarded campaign work with government raises are not good... not good at all.

And alllll the Korchak people attacked Paul Battisti over his tax issue and trouble with his transportation company.  But Korchak is spending your money like a little brat with her daddy's credit card, all during COVID when the local unemployment rate was over 15%? That is a disgusting abuse of power.  Let's have the DA election this year, vote him out!

Absolutely outrageous. Why the DA’s office is handing out raises while every other department is having to do more with less. Complete and total bullshit. Maybe they had to give raises to keep everyone quiet about the sexual harassment. Korchak just pissed off 2,000 county employees and their families. That’s a pretty big voting block.

BREAKING:  an employee of the Broome County District Attorney's Office, who's employment BCVoice has verified, emailed us to confirm, sexual harassment complaints (plural.. more than one) against a high ranking member of the DA's office were made to the Broome County Personnel office.  The employee tells us the complaints were not made directly to Korchak, because the person in question is very close to Korchak, and the employees feared retaliation.

The employee also stated in their email Korchak and his crew have been mocking and making fun of former DA Steve Cornwell, referring to him as "baby Jesus" because Cornwell was recently baptized, and his wife posted pictures of his baptism on social media.  

This is sickening and makes me 100% change my personal view of Korchak.  I thought he was a religious man, very involved in his church, St. Michaels? Apparently that was all for show, just for the election.  

3 minutes ago, BCVoice said:

BREAKING:  an employee of the Broome County District Attorney's Office, who's employment BCVoice has verified, emailed us to confirm, sexual harassment complaints (plural.. more than one) against a high ranking member of the DA's office were made to the Broome County Personnel office.  The employee tells us the complaints were not made directly to Korchak, because the person in question is very close to Korchak, and the employees feared retaliation.

The employee also stated in their email Korchak and his crew have been mocking and making fun of former DA Steve Cornwell, referring to him as "baby Jesus" because Cornwell was recently baptized, and his wife posted pictures of his baptism on social media.  

This is sickening and makes me 100% change my personal view of Korchak.  I thought he was a religious man, very involved in his church, St. Michaels? Apparently that was all for show, just for the election.  

Just how he used The stantz girls death for his campaign, nothing new here  

28 minutes ago, ginger said:

Mr Korchak was just on WNBF but I missed it because I just tuned in.

Damage control. He knows his office is in turmoil so he’s calling in to make it seem like everything is OK.

He’s mocking people’s religion now? That’s as low as it gets.  I’m looking forward to voting him out when he’s up for re-election.