DA Korchak can't act surprised or claim ignorance

David Brinkley

On 3/27/2021 at 3:36 PM, SU75 said:

... Under Korchak salaries are up $381,914 and employee benefits are up $182,035.   Total of $563,949...

If that's true, and we actually had a diligent press/reporters - THAT SHOULD BE FRONT PAGE/LEAD NEWS. Maybe Mr. Joseph (who is always lamenting the death of journalism) will take the lead on this one......

20 hours ago, SU75 said:

Damage control. He knows his office is in turmoil so he’s calling in to make it seem like everything is OK.

He’s mocking people’s religion now? That’s as low as it gets.  I’m looking forward to voting him out when he’s up for re-election. 

Precisely. Korchak also wanted to throw in there how hard his staff is working, and it’s his job to keep his staff there, blah blah blah. He knows these raises are becoming a major issue for him.

Did any other county departments give big raises during Covid? 

Broome County must be facing a lawsuit.  The Broome County Personnel office, contacted last week, will not respond to questions regarding the current sexual harassment policy.  The questions, forwarded to the County Executive's office, have not been acknowledged or answered.

Even if the county is facing legal action, the sexual harassment policy should be available to the public.   What is Broome County hiding or scheming to cover up?

I was at a meeting for one of the candidates for Family Court, and we talked about Deb Gelson.  Mr. Solak has a good tweet about her today.  Apparently she has told her friends the District Attorney's Office "isn't what she thought it would be". 

That freakin witch is lucky to have a job!! She needs to just shut the F up!!!

Cannot even tell you how pissed I am at this whole situation at that office.

And now they are mocking Steve Cornwell!!!

How nice!!

Mr. Loughran:

You are a PIG and a PREDATOR. You could not shine Steve Cornwell's shoes you freakin clown!!

Mr. Korchak:

Shame on you if you were in on or even knew of these antics.

Let me tell you why you should be forever grateful to Steve Cornwell. Because when he brought you back into the DA's office as Chief Assistant, he made you relevant again. If he had not done that, you would be renting some one room office (Probably in a basement), and out chasing ambulances!

Your boy Loughran is going to single handedly destroy that office (He already has a really good start), and he is going to drag you down with him.

GROW A SET and get rid of this slob!!!

Today BCVoice received an affidavit regarding Mark Loughran and his alleged abuse and corruption. We can’t post it yet, as we’ve been informed it’s part of a lawsuit against Broome County and Loughran. But the statements in the affidavit back up many of the things posted here in this thread.  The affidavit alleges criminal conduct from Loughran.  

2 hours ago, BCVoice said:

Today BCVoice received an affidavit regarding Mark Loughran and his alleged abuse and corruption. We can’t post it yet, as we’ve been informed it’s part of a lawsuit against Broome County and Loughran. But the statements in the affidavit back up many of the things posted here in this thread.  The affidavit alleges criminal conduct from Loughran.  

Korchak is a huge fraud. Unfortunately the voters got it wrong last time. But we will get it right in 2023.

I seem to remember Korchak making a big deal of Fred Akshar's "improprieties", demanding laws be created or rules be changed to prevent inappropriate relationships in law enforcement.  This now applies to Korchak's office.  What has he done?  Korchak is a real hypocrite and the worst kind of politician. 

15 minutes ago, JMP said:

I seem to remember Korchak making a big deal of Fred Akshar's "improprieties", demanding laws be created or rules be changed to prevent inappropriate relationships in law enforcement.  This now applies to Korchak's office.  What has he done?  Korchak is a real hypocrite and the worst kind of politician. 

Yeah, he climbed right into that Mirella BS.

I find it very interesting that District Attorney Mike Horse-ass (or ANYONE in his office) doesn’t have time to meet with a crime victim, who is looking for information on her case (someone I know). But DA Horse-ass has time to play politics and meet with Bijoy Datta and demand (basically threaten) if he comes back to the Republican Party, no one better run against him in 2023.

Listen Horss-ass, the Republican Party doesn’t need you. You need the Republican Party!

That is interesting. I emailed and left a voicemail on Thursday and received call back Friday concerning the outcome of a case. Everyone is bashing Korchak, in my opinion he was the better of the three...  Time will tell. Hope your friend gets the information she is looking for.

2 hours ago, Lawoffice said:

That is interesting. I emailed and left a voicemail on Thursday and received call back Friday concerning the outcome of a case. Everyone is bashing Korchak, in my opinion he was the better of the three...  Time will tell. Hope your friend gets the information she is looking for.

An entire day to look something up on the computer? That information should have been available in real time over the phone.

I got the weekend off, it's great to relax in this nice weather, and check in with all of you at BCV. 

I'm so disappointed with Korchak.  I was a big Korchak supporter last time, I even put up a yard sign, which I never do.  I have a lot of ties with the law enforcement community, and I believe all of this, in this thread.  Loughran has a reputation as a dictator jackass.  I think the election win either went to Korchak's head, and now he's drunk with power, or he was never the person we thought he was.  Maybe both?

John Solak posted on Twitter implying there's a big political storm coming for Korchak, and I think he's right.  I've heard rumblings of a few other Korchak/Loughran scandals that haven't been mentioned here.  Everything here is really bad, but this stuff is even worse.  Only time will tell.  But for now, we need a new candidate for DA in 2023.  

The Broome County District Attorney has staff members leaking information to this website over sexual harassment complaints and other alleged corruption within the office. And employees of the office emailing pictures to BCVoice of John Solak being accosted outside the office during last month’s BPD police reform protest.

Based on that chaos, I don’t think anyone has to worry about a Korchak second term. His office is already out of control and he’s only in year two.

This MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!  And now that I see BCVoice has obtained a sexual harassment complaint against THE DA'S OFFICE, I wonder what GOES ON at that office?  Do they prosecute crimes or ALL SLEEP TOGETHER?

I recall a year ago, when the Korchak's sent Garo a thank you card and tray of ASSORTED PASTRIES.  ATTEMPTED BRIBERY?  And they wrote "we never could have WON without BCVoice!"  Garo, do you still have the card?

On 4/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, BCVoice said:

What did his partner Chris grace know at the time this took place