NY Legalizes Marijuana

thomas

I thought I read you could have up to 12 plants. So if you live in an apartment building can everyone have 12 plants? My neighbor doesn't have much of a yard, can I grow her 12 plants too if she comes to weed and water them?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly CBD or marijuana may be medically beneficial to you. That's legal already so you can ask your doctor.

Anyway...

"Democrats who dominate New York state politics pushed through a marijuana legalization measure Tuesday that backers say will expunge the felony drug records of tens of thousands of people."

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/30/982742060/ny-lawmakers-legalize-marijuana-hoping-to-avoid-racial-pitfalls-of-decriminaliza

I propose a tax credit for firearm purchases. With all of this police reform/bail reform I'm going to have spend some money for personal protection that is practical for travelling. I'd also like to see fast track conceal carry permits. They're forcing me into this..it shouldn't have to be this way but alas, the state of NY.

In fact, I wonder if that's a covered expense under the Paycheck Protection Program. I'll pay to join a gun club myself.

Off to work, have a good sleep everyone :) 

New York’s 13% cannabis tax may be too high, since state has ‘one of the most sophisticated’ black markets in U.S., expert says

Bill signed by Gov. Cuomo will offer low- and zero-interest loans to minority investors as part of social-equity provision

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-york-legalizes-cannabis-in-move-thats-expected-to-shake-up-the-business-and-advance-federal-reforms-11617216381?mod=mw_quote_news

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 10:50 AM, JB 2 said:

Couple questions.

Will the taxes be low enough to make it worthwhile shopping at a camera loaded location?

If so, will my regular weed dealer be able to collect unemployment while training for a new career
Will our law(?), regulation(?) be compatible with the old Alaska Legalization? (funny how dems got rid of that after a few decades)

Reminds me. Former VP candidate Sarah Palin admitted hetting high. LEGALLY. pres Harris admits getting high. Leegally, not so much. Sorry, off topic.

One last question. Where the hell is all the Panimanian Red and Acapulco Gold gone to?

Tell her to Learn to Code!

On 3/30/2021 at 7:56 PM, ginger said:

Pete they've been stating all of those reasons for years. How is there going to be more jobs when you can just grow it in your own back yard? Give me some seeds I'll start them tomorrow with my tomatoes. Am I allowed to sell what I grow?

A buddy of mine used to work at a local sewer plant. In the sludge piles, dopers would toss in seeds. The MJ plants would grow next to the tomato plants, which were from seeds passed by the locals.

I wonder how the farmers will keep the poachers off of their property. lol did I ever tell the story of being followed and chased literally out of a county when I was lost on a back road somewhere at 3 in the morning/ Swear to God I thought I I was never going to see the light of day again these boys scared the bejesus out of me. I thought I was in a Rob Zombie movie.  Exit 29 Canajoharie route 10...They're protecting something out there. To this day I still look for that orangey red pick up truck.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:17 PM, 2pelo Honey said:

Wonder how long it’ll be before all the tax funds from this are headed towards reparations?

As of now plans to hand out Licenses to only minorities as a token of reparations. 

When i heard some politician say that aloud, during an interview i started laughing, as all good "racists" should, with a little thought , "isn't that just legalizing their current business?"

4 hours ago, JB 2 said:

As of now plans to hand out Licenses to only minorities as a token of reparations. 

When i heard some politician say that aloud, during an interview i started laughing, as all good "racists" should, with a little thought , "isn't that just legalizing their current business?"

Like California, the black market here will continue to do just fine. The dogooders can pat themselves on the back all they want.

Freaking 6:00 in the morning and some guy is getting high at a rest stop on the thruway. No. it's not addictive...I just came out of the building and caught him peeking in my car while smoking a bowl. 

I'm home now...turns out he was the driver of the vehicle too. Cute huh? Also, drug dealers...(at least I think they are drug dealers) are blatantly parking themselves inside convenience stores and rest stops.  Last week one was sleeping in a booth, so I stop for fuel the other day. They removed the booth and he was sleeping on the floor. I'm just ticked off because this store has the only clean restroom on that road and since he's been hanging out there, now I don't want to use it...but everywhere else is closed.

I have to say it was kind of shocking to walk out of the reststop and immediately smell weed and see some guy in a cloud of  wafting smoke.

Is it ok to bring some into the Rumble Ponies games?

Coors Field, Colorado, policy...

Please be aware of the law about marijuana use in Denver and Coors Field. It is illegal to consume marijuana in public. Possession of, smoking, vaping, ingesting or otherwise consuming marijuana is prohibited in all areas of Coors Field, including the designated smoking areas.

lol, :) The democrats legalized marijuana but they're going to ban menthol flavored cigarettes. Do the dems really think they're getting reelected by targeting minorities? THAT'S LITERALLY RACIST! Perhaps now they will understand how communism works.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56934957

On 4/28/2021 at 6:07 PM, thomas said:

Is it ok to bring some into the Rumble Ponies games?

Coors Field, Colorado, policy...

Please be aware of the law about marijuana use in Denver and Coors Field. It is illegal to consume marijuana in public. Possession of, smoking, vaping, ingesting or otherwise consuming marijuana is prohibited in all areas of Coors Field, including the designated smoking areas.

Passing a law will stop it from happening.  Sure it will. 

No one speeds because it is against the law.

thomas, some times you are naive.

• 2 months later...

CURLF (publicly traded) CEO Boris Jordan said this week he expects rec. sales of mj to begin in NY in 2023. I guess it took a couple of years for CO. and Washington to implement sales after legalization. Better to do it right the first time for each state. Driving by the Canopy Growth plant in Kirkwood I haven't noticed any activity yet. afaik by the end of 2021 each town must decide if they want to opt out of public mj sales.