Reparations for minorities

joehill7469

The latest cry from the radical left is reparations for minorities, this is Bullsh1t. I have a simple solution yes give them reparations but deduct all the money they have received in social benefits in the past 200 years or offer them jobs.  All these minorities are doing is looking for another free handout from hard working taxpayers and playing the race card to get it. And do you notice that the politicians that are pushing this the most are the ones that are also pushing the systemic Race theory to get votes.

I'm OK with it - if we start with the Native Americans.  

But how far back do we go?  Do we get a settlement from Cromwell for the purges of Ireland and Scotland that sent indentured servants to America?  Do the Germans owe . . . everyone in Europe from 1800 to 1940?  Do the French owe all of Europe for 1700 to 1800?  Do the Romans owe the Celts and Brits and Francks?  

Humans are militant, nasty and aggressive.  Deal with it.  And there will be quite a bill to pay for the Civil War.  I lost relatives for the Union in that war and, to my knowledge, we never were of a level to own slaves.  Who owes who?

A lot of the slaves were collected by neighboring tribes that sold to them to slave traders.  Slavery existed in Africa between tribes.  We didn't invent it in the Americas.  Haile Selassie didn't outlaw slavery in Ethopia until 1942!

afaik if you are 1% native American you qualify as native American. They should get reparations? If you are 1% related to some slave from hundreds of years ago you should get money from people that never owned slaves? Really? Far out left wing is never happy. They ruin everything they touch.

It would be good if this Infrastructure Bill has money in it for reservation infrastructure improvements like running water and electricity. Seems those remote reservations need a solar farm or windmill a lot more than developed areas.