BREAKING:  BCVoice receives signed affidavit:  Mark Loughran threatens to use his position and resources to retaliate against BCVoice owner

BCVoice

BCVoice received a signed and notarized affidavit stating Mark Loughran, the Chief Assistant District Attorney, vowed to cause trouble for BCVoice site owner Garo Kachadourian, using his power and the resources of the DA's office.  The affidavit was received by Garo yesterday.  We are currently reviewing the affidavit and will post it here within a few days.

If this is plausibly true, Loughran should be suspended from his duties until any investigation is resolved.

This is not legal advice, but if redacted #11 describes Garo being intimidated by probation, he should consider having his attorneys consult with attorneys outside of the area who specialize in civil rights litigation. The Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University would be a good place to start.

Prosecutorial immunity is broad - even more so than qualified immunity - and he may not have a claim if the resulting state action was founded on probable cause, but if there's an angle there, a §1983 action against Loughran in his personal capacity would also result in an award to cover the plaintiff's legal expenses under §1988.

At a bare minimum, even if the conduct is protected from litigation, it's still First Amendment retaliation with an obvious viewpoint discrimination component and should result in severe discipline. If this is true and it is tolerated in Korchak's office, I don't see how the Libertarian Party could allow him on their line again.

I will be monitoring how this plays out.

10 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

If this is plausibly true, Loughran should be suspended from his duties until any investigation is resolved.

This is not legal advice, but if redacted #11 describes Garo being intimidated by probation, he should consider having his attorneys consult with attorneys outside of the area who specialize in civil rights litigation. The Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University would be a good place to start.

Prosecutorial immunity is broad - even more so than qualified immunity - and he may not have a claim if the resulting state action was founded on probable cause, but if there's an angle there, a §1983 action against Loughran in his personal capacity would also result in an award to cover the plaintiff's legal expenses under §1988.

At a bare minimum, even if the conduct is protected from litigation, it's still First Amendment retaliation with an obvious viewpoint discrimination component and should result in severe discipline. If this is true and it is tolerated in Korchak's office, I don't see how the Libertarian Party could allow him on their line again.

I will be monitoring how this plays out.

Someone should reach out to the libertarian party about this 

Because the Libertarian Party received so few votes in NY in the 2020 presidential election, the party no longer has ballot access in NY.  Same with the Independence Party. For the next few election cycles only the Democratic, Republican, Conservative and Working Families Party have a line on the ballot. Korchak does not have a Party right now.  My guess is he becomes a Democrat, if he runs again.  No Republican I've spoken to recently has anything positive to say about him or his office.

12 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

Someone should reach out to the libertarian party about this 

I assure you that someone will be reaching out to libertarian criminal justice reporters about this whole saga if this isn't handled. Between Harder, Zikuski, Akshar, Battisti, and whatever the hell this is, this might be the greatest story never told. The Broome County dumpster fire has attracted negative attention in those circles before.

3 minutes ago, GOP Insider said:

Because the Libertarian Party received so few votes in NY in the 2020 presidential election, the party no longer has ballot access in NY.

I wasn't aware that happened. That's too bad.

• 7 months later...

This needs to be at the Top for all the obvious reasons. This shows how corrupt this area is!  How is it that if a Allegation is made in a sworn statement in other cases that there is an arrest made! Well this is very serious an allegation is made with a notized document (affidavit) and NOTHING WAS DONE by way of an Arrest. This is called an Abuse of Power.

Copies of the Abuse of Power are here to read! Wheres the AG on this and the investigation into the Broome Countys DA's office!!!! This is the Corruption thats goes on with nothing being done. The same BS case aganist me in 17.