Alan Dershowitz

What should Korchak do?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What should Korchak do?

• Korchak fires Loughran and apologizes
    • Korchak resigns
    • Korchak doesn't run in 2023
    • Korchak makes no changes and runs in 2023

The public has a right to be informed by our public servants. This is especially true during times of alleged scandal. The fact that District Attorney Korchack refuses to even issue a statement in this matter, calls his character and the integrity of the office into question. The fact that his Chief Assistant Mark Loughran tried to suppress free speech suggests a cover up. 

This is a complete disgrace!

Korchak needs to clean up this mess NOW!!!

Get rid of Loughran IMMEDIATELY!!!

Mike told everyone that if Battisti was elected, it would be akin to bringing back the Mollen years.

NOW, Mike is doing exactly that.

He has Mollens former stooges, and the Democrat operatives doing his dirty work.

WTF!!!!

Korchak has ZERO chance of being re-elected AND he seriously needs to think about resigning.

Just the pay raises during Covid are enough. But now scandal after scandal. And he’s on BCVoice from the DA’s office attacking defense attorneys? This is unbelievable. As Jack Reacher just said, this is what we feared from Battisti, yet these are common practice for the Korchak administration? 

I’m a democrat who voted Korchak in 2019 and now I vote Korchak resigns.

What message does this send to other victims in Broome County?  Don't come forward?  We won't believe you?  Your complaint isn't actionable?  I thought the District Attorney's office fights for victims?

Korchak is handling this situation horribly.  The Zikuski sexual harassment scandal years ago, I don't think was handled well, but at least Zikuski was suspended while the investigation was conducted.  Ultimately Korchak will be judged for how he handles this, and right now he gets an F.

The documents posted here are pretty overwhelming. There’s a major problem at the DAs office and it all involves Loughran. I feel bad for Nick Bucci and the Stantz family who were so dedicated to Korchak’s campaign. 

For what it’s worth, I remember seeing Nick Bucci walking his dog after the primary race that Korchak lost to Battisti. I asked Bucci what happened, and remember him complaining about one person several times. I couldn’t remember the name for the longest time, reading it now I remember it was Loughran.  Bucci knew there was a problem with Loughran back then.

The DA's office has been in a downward spiral since Korchak lost the Republican primary election. There has been a mass exodus of prosecutors and support staff. Morale is at an all time low. Cases are not being prosecuted aggressively, cases are sitting around collecting dust, plea bargains are at an all time high, the office is loosing cases they should win, prosecutors are not returning phone calls to defense attorneys, favoritism among defense attorneys who supported Korchak, rumors of mishandled evidence, and decisions that can put police officers at risk.

In addition, we now have allegations of sexual harassment, racism, and anti gay comments against employees.  

Other than that, everything is fine.

I would say its time to for Korchak to resign, but who take over? Loughran?

32 minutes ago, Isopropyl said:

I'm seeing information that Korchak made a deal with the Democrats and Working Families Party in 2019?  Also Mrs. Korchak was selling jobs in the DA's office for work on their campaign.

Yes, and if employees couldn't commit to working on the Korchak re-election campaign in 2023, they were replaced.

I didn’t think things could get any worse in the DA office until I saw the threat from the investigator against the Cuomo children. That office is like Animal House.

Do they have their own internal HR manager, or are HR issues handled by the county HR office? A lot of times when there is an internal HR person they are more concerned with covering things up, rather than doing the right thing. And that leads to larger problems, like we’ve seen now with Korchak and his staff.

2 hours ago, Mystic Stan said:

I didn’t think things could get any worse in the DA office until I saw the threat from the investigator against the Cuomo children. That office is like Animal House.

Do they have their own internal HR manager, or are HR issues handled by the county HR office? A lot of times when there is an internal HR person they are more concerned with covering things up, rather than doing the right thing. And that leads to larger problems, like we’ve seen now with Korchak and his staff.

He has an internal HR person named Pamela Memos. I know folks in the Chenango County DAs office who used to work with her in Broome. Terrible reputation. Does whatever Korchak tells her, whether it’s lawful and ethical or not.  Worked on his campaign to secure her job in the office.

1 hour ago, Evening Sun said:

He has an internal HR person named Pamela Memos. I know folks in the Chenango County DAs office who used to work with her in Broome. Terrible reputation. Does whatever Korchak tells her, whether it’s lawful and ethical or not.  Worked on his campaign to secure her job in the office.

I thought she worked at the jail?

1 hour ago, Clyde said:

I thought she worked at the jail?

She’s worked everywhere. She’s one of those lifetime county employees who bounces around from department to department. You know those people who wear out their welcome after a few years, and have to find a new office to work in. 

Jail, transit, IT, DA. Maybe even a few more county departments? Every time I’ve heard her name she’s working in a different department.