KORCHAK GIVES MARK LOUGHRAN $15,000 RAISE! Bringing salary to $116,000

BCVoice

A freedom of information request was forwarded to BCVoice revealing Michael Korchak just gave Mark Loughran a $15,000 raise, bringing his salary from $101,000 to $116,000.  Did you get a $15,000 raise at work during Covid?  This is your money folks!  Taxpayer money!  

Wow that seals the deal for me. This is nothing short of a disgrace and slap to the face of Broome County residents. I'd like to change my vote to Korchak must resign in the polling thread. This is an indefensible move by Korchak given everything else that we know was going on with Loughran at the time. Must be Loughran gets paid on commission based on the number of harassment allegations he can generate.

If Korchak does have the gall to run again I will be sure to get in the ear of the other 4 people I convinced to vote Korchak in the primary and general election and tell them to vote differently this time around. 

This alone should be reason to remove Korchak from office. No one else got a raise like this. The  director of emergency services didn’t get a raise because of how bad it would look during Covid. Even though he’s been working non stop, including nights and weekends, since Covid began. Yet this scumbag gets a $15,000 raise? This it TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Yeah, this is inexcusable. I work with a lot of different local government agencies, and I guarantee no one else in local government got a $15,000 raise. 

Dozens of local businesses closed. And I know many friends who lost jobs. The audacity to give a raise, let alone a $15,000 raise, is enough for me to go door to door against Korchak when he runs again. And I had a Korchak lawn sign up last time.

I was also enthusiastic for Korchak last time he ran. This is the final straw for me. 

Korchak must not plan on running again. Because this is the dumbest move I’ve seen since 2007 when Matt Ryan gave the DPW commissioner a 30% raise following the worst snow removal job in Binghamton history. 

I’m done with Korchak, and will work against him if he’s dumb enough to seek re-election.

Last year when some candidates who supported Korchak in 2019 were back on the ballot, those candidates reached out to the Korchak’s for help. Although the District Attorney is ethically prohibited from engaging in campaigns, his volunteers/supporters can help. Last year the Korchak’s turned down those requests, saying they were too busy. Really? All of your volunteers were busy from September through Election Day?

And now the Korchak’s are frantically calling around to see who still supports Korchak for DA. Sorry Mike and Nadine, we are too busy to take your calls.

44 minutes ago, GOP Insider said:

Last year when some candidates who supported Korchak in 2019 were back on the ballot, those candidates reached out to the Korchak’s for help. Although the District Attorney is ethically prohibited from engaging in campaigns, his volunteers/supporters can help. Last year the Korchak’s turned down those requests, saying they were too busy. Really? All of your volunteers were busy from September through Election Day?

And now the Korchak’s are frantically calling around to see who still supports Korchak for DA. Sorry Mike and Nadine, we are too busy to take your calls.

The Ks had a hell of a time collecting signatures.  A lot of elderly people went around getting signatures for them.  One woman collected 1,000 signatures.  Unfortunately  it was cold and some people fell and were injured.  So I can see why they wouldn't give you their volunteers names.  I can't blame them for that.

Collecting signatures is the function of the GOP committee people.  BJ has done nothing to build up the committee.  That way he controls who gets on the ballot.

13 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

The Ks had a hell of a time collecting signatures.  A lot of elderly people went around getting signatures for them.  One woman collected 1,000 signatures.  Unfortunately  it was cold and some people fell and were injured.  So I can see why they wouldn't give you their volunteers names.  I can't blame them for that.

Collecting signatures is the function of the GOP committee people.  BJ has done nothing to build up the committee.  That way he controls who gets on the ballot.

No one had trouble collecting signatures last year.  The state slashed the number of signatures needed, because of Covid. 

This was in regard to literature drops and phone calls from September - Election day, as my post said.  

31 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

The Korchak volunteers.

F0DE5F4A-ED8C-4F65-B6B6-96D03337FC9E.jpeg

2 hours ago, GOP Insider said:

No one had trouble collecting signatures last year.  The state slashed the number of signatures needed, because of Covid. 

This was in regard to literature drops and phone calls from September - Election day, as my post said.  

I was wrong about "last" year.

He was handing out petitions and getting signatures in February of 2019.