Something happened in our town

ginger

Intellectually vacant and dishonest book being taught at MacArthur. Children should be taught sometimes things happen in large cities but they don't happen here.They should be taught they are safe HERE. They should be told nice people live here and they are expected to be nice to everyone. This is called civility. Most abhorrent is notion white people historically think they are better than  everyone else. Not true lest we would not have a document called the Declaration of Independence that states All Men Are Created Equal. How about maybe you teach the story of Philip Mazzei and Thomas Jefferson? Put first things first. Or perhaps I should write the book..Something happened TO our town. I promise it will be honest, and not very nice.

10 hours ago, a taxpayer said:

this is beyond disgusting... at the 5:58 mark she say "...al cops hate black men.."  this is being taught to our children

"Cops stick up for each other and they don't like black men"...said Josh's brother...it totally says that!  Emma's sister Liz says "THE COPS SHOT HIM BECAUSE HE IS BLACK."  No mention of the parents explaining the LAW. As I stated, intellectually vacant. This book makes parents sound stupid as does the teacher reading it. 

I'm the last person in the world to call for censorship but I don't think as a taxpayer I should have to pay for this and pay for the consequences of  rhetoric that demonizes police and neither should our law enforcement officers. 

Do they want society to go back to the wild wild west? In Texas you no longer need a permit to carry. Shall we do that here?

4 minutes ago, Romana Parmesana said:

Where I am from in Italy, if we don’t like or agree with something, we don’t engage with it. So in the case of watching a voluntary YouTube video, we would simply choose not to watch it. 

I don't think you understand. This wasn't a person reading for their own benefit.

It was a book that is being taught to the children in one of our local schools. Parents and taxpayers should and DO have a say as to what materials are being used, and the messages being poured into their impressionable minds.

What this is is propaganda and indoctrination.

Was it taught IN school or was it posted online where people could choose to watch it? If it wasn't taught during school hours then it would be more extra curriculer, no? Yes, parents and taxpayers are allowed to have input BUT I am hearing lots of people say this reading took place in school to an audience children when it does not appear that it was taught in a classroom setting and would have been voluntary to watch.

So I guess I don't understand.

14 minutes ago, Romana Parmesana said:

Was it taught IN school or was it posted online where people could choose to watch it? If it wasn't taught during school hours then it would be more extra curriculer, no? Yes, parents and taxpayers are allowed to have input BUT I am hearing lots of people say this reading took place in school to an audience children when it does not appear that it was taught in a classroom setting and would have been voluntary to watch.

Troll.

2 hours ago, Romana Parmesana said:

So the damage is already done. Great, now how are we going to mitigate that? 

22 hours ago, ginger said:

So the damage is already done. Great, now how are we going to mitigate that? 

Absolutely.  So they teach children to hate all cops. Can they spell hypocrite? They are doing a lesson on anti-racism and then lump all cops together saying they hate all black men. A pure, outright LIE. They just taught racism....

Honestly, and thanks for posting the written text Pete....try this sentence on for size..

And Mom of course says, "You're right." Because there's an uncle, Uncle James. You know he's a police officer and so is her friend Kenya.

Sorry you can't see the look on my face, as in 3 educated people WROTE this?

And Josh's older brother is named Malcolm. (roll eyes)

5 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

All three authors work for Emory University.   A super liberal school.

I saw that. Clinical psychologists who can't write a complete sentence. Ultracrepidarian.

(yes I learned a new word on the Ben Shapiro show)  :) 

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Let me save the readers some time:

Ultracrepidarian : noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside the area of his or her expertise:

Which Letitia James seems to do on a regular basis. "The science is clear" she says regarding the covid vaccine like it makes her an expert. Everyone should be consulting with their regular physician, not the NYS attorney general who is NOT QUALIFIED to discuss risks and benefits. ONLY a doctor is qualified to do that.

7 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Not only by consulting a doctor but YOUR doctor.  The one who knows more about you than everyone else.

Pete I said consult with your regular physician^^^ lol :)