Who is running for school board?

ginger

I was just driving up Broad Ave and saw a campaign sign that said Mike Pratt for school board. If it's the Mike Pratt I'm thinking of, SWAT team golfer, retired from the psyche center I'm happy to support this very bright, no nonsense candidate. That is exactly what the BCSD needs...a SWAT TEAM. I'm positive his leadership and organization skills will bring a lot to the table.

Who else is running?

No, it's this one: (from FB) From all I've heard, a good guy. We need this, too, considering how the PLOT members are trying to take over everything. 

Welcome to my page. My name is Michael Pratt and I am running for a seat on the Binghamton City School District Board of Education. I have called Binghamton my home, all of my life. My wife Adriana and our 4 children currently live on the southside of Binghamton. We have 3 children in 3 different school within the District. I feel that gives me an unique perspective to add to our already outstanding School Board. I believe it's important that our Board has some form of parent representation at all times. It ensures the parents within the district, that they have a voice on the Board. I want to work side by side with other members to create an environment that all of our children can learn in. Our students, your children, should always feel safe and welcomed when entering one of our schools. I want to see our Teachers and Staff excited about being a part of the Patriots community. I want to prove to our stakeholders that the Board is being fiscally responsible at all times. Its important to have a certain level of transparency and be able to show Taxpayers and Parents that we care about how every dollar is spent from each Budget. I am a proud member of the MacArthur PTA, and have created amazing events like; Career Day, National Recycling Awareness Day, Truck Day, Fire Safety Day and School Dances. I am also a Member of the District Saftey Committee and was a part of the Pandemic Reopening Committee in 2020. I am proud member of the Binghamton Moose Lodge #1013 and a Teamster that has worked for the City of Binghamton Public Works Department for the last 17 years. I currently coach a local Travel Softball Team within our community. My wife and I are proud Alumni of BHS and have kept our family here because of everything the District has to offer our family. My goal is to show our community that they can trust the Board to make the right decisions for our Students, Teachers, Staff, Administrators, Parents and Stakeholders. I want not only our Academics to continue to strive, but also our Music, Arts, and Sports Programs. I am excited to have the opportunity to serve our community as a Board Member and hope that you will consider helping me with this mission.

Thanks Toup...sounds like a good guy to me. :) 

lol still wishing it was the other Mike Pratt because if he won I was totally considering running just to be on the team!

6 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Never know...could be son? 

I glanced at the FB page, the kid in the football uniform looks a lot like another Mike Pratt...also a pretty good golfer from what I recall.

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning. I just finished reading the BCSD budget flyer that came in the mail along with the profile for school board candidates. I'll definitely be voting for Mr Pratt who appears to have an interest in upgrading athletics programs and Dr Penna will be an invaluable addition post covid transition. I'm undecided on the third...I'm going to go back and reread the remainders...none caught my attention. 

I'm voting no on the budget increase. "THE BINGHAMTON SCHOOL DISTRICT WILL EMBRACE DIVERSITY IN ALL OF ITS FORMS."

Absolutely not.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:57 PM, PeteMoss said:

Cecil Hopkins

Ashley Montalvo

Adrian Tauterouff

Not one owns property in Broome County

This^^^

1 hour ago, ndirish said:

Whomever wins the school board election should take a hard look at the budget. My back-of-napkin calculation shows a per-student spend of 26,000 bucks. Wow!!

Wow is right...Now I'm sorry I didn't look at it in that way. Are the students at least getting ceviche for lunch? Here's the tuition for a private school in Albany. Oh, look at the green roof that my daughter never got credit for. That still ticks me off. 

https://www.doanestuart.org/admissions/tuition-and-fees/

1 hour ago, ndirish said:

Whomever wins the school board election should take a hard look at the budget. My back-of-napkin calculation shows a per-student spend of 26,000 bucks. Wow!!

How about YOU take a look at the budget.  FOIL the budget, it should be at least 500 pages. If there are things you don't understand, look them up.

You become the budget expert.  Then start showing up at board meetings and asking the board members about specifics.  I guarantee they don't know.. 

On 5/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Solak Supporter said:

Solak foresaw this scenario. He was normality’s last hope.

He is also the lone voice of reason, rationality, and accountability in Doom County. He's one of a kind, and when he's gone, the inmates will have the keys and the full run of the asylum.