Angry drunk Pennsylvania resident Marty Smith still meddling in Broome politics

Wildcat23

I see Pennsylvania’s favorite angry drunk Marty Smith is still meddling in Broome County politics. Despite the fact he hasn’t lived in Broome County or worked here in a couple years. I’m not sure why Smith thinks he’s so blessed with personal greatness that he can resurface every year and tell Broome County residents what to think and who to vote for. This year he’s back in an advertisement for Mara Grace.

Keep in mind, Smith was forced into retirement 6 years ago, due to his advancing age and declining cognitive functions.  

Do us a favor Marty and stay on PA with your opinions. You haven’t been relevant in several years.

Marty is doing this as a favor for Mara Young Grace’s father and former local attorney John Young. Same reason why Tom Grippen opened up for Mara at her recent campaign kick off party.

If Marty is soo impressed how come he has not contributed to her campaign financially because according to the NYS website for disclosures he’s nowhere to be found. 

Sorry Marty you may have fooled the voters for Hollie Levine and Mike Korchak but it won’t work this time around 

25 minutes ago, Buzz Richmond said:

Marty Smith was the spokesman for the Korchak 2019 campaign and look where that has gotten us.  Say NO to all Marty Smith candidates.  

Exactly. What would anyone want to hear Smith’s opinion on anything, after he was responsible for giving us the most embarrassing failure of an elected official in Broome County history... Mike Korchak.

Did Smith mention in his endorsement, prior to moving to Pennsylvania, he rented office space from Mara's husband, Chris Grace, at 99 Collier Street? Because that's worth mentioning.  And he would always park his truck right up on the sidewalk, in a non-parking zone.  Arrogant asshole. Since he's been in PA, I haven't heard a single person say, "I wish Marty Smith was still around!"

• 2 weeks later...

With the number of threats Marty made in chambers, ex parte communication with his favored attorneys, and getting so drunk he would buy drinks after trials or pleas, he should have been removed from the bench long before he retired. 

He’s an insecure bully who took out his personal issues on others, because he had a robe and a gavel. The court system is much better with Marty gone and Broome County is better off now that he’s moved to Pennsylvania.

No matter if you like Marty Smith or not, He was the judge who was appointed to my daughters case when she was killed by a drunk driver. That man had so much compassion for us and even said if he could change the law, my daughters killer would be in jail much longer than sentenced. I cannot imagine the many years Judge Smith had to view crime scenes and injuries of victims that were so horrendous it photographs became hard to look at. God help the man if he has a drinking problem as some here say he does. He is not to be scorned. He needs help to understand why he has this problem. . We are not educated to understand the pain he is in. In the meantime People are taking advantage of his weaknesses. I believe him to be an honorable man whose life has been sidetracked and I hope he gets the help he needs. In the meantime if you see him on the street give him a wave and smile. Be Kind to him. We can all use a bit of kindness to give to others.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:53 PM, Buzz Richmond said:

Marty Smith was the spokesman for the Korchak 2019 campaign and look where that has gotten us.  Say NO to all Marty Smith candidates.  

This is right on. Marty Smith has lost all credibility because of the disastrous term of Korchak. Smith was so outspoken for Korchak, and Korchak has been so bad, Smith’s endorsement has become a liability for other candidates.