Fred Akshar announces his candidacy for Broome County Sheriff

24 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

I hope Kate runs.

Unbelievable. Pete she was on WNBF this morning saying it's her intention to run. 

Right now Akshar wins and he wins big. A year ago it would have been a different story. But Akshar has made amends and spent many months building support for his campaign.  The only faction against Akshar now are the Korchak people. But Korchak has been neutered. Korchak has no support and was calling Fred Akshar just a couple months ago, begging for political favors. (The same guy Korchak called on to resign). Things could change, scandals can always break, but right now Akshar beats Newcomb substantially.

Just now, PeteMoss said:

How would Kate run, as a dem or a Republican?

Wondering the same...won't there be a primary and who is the dem candidate. Also, I'm leaning toward Kate who actually works for a living as opposed to somebody who was handed an $85,000 salary on a silver platter by her husband. You made a big deal out of Korchak giving raises, nepotism/cronyism doesn't fly with me. I work too hard for what little I have.

2 hours ago, LOL said:

Right now Akshar wins and he wins big. A year ago it would have been a different story. But Akshar has made amends and spent many months building support for his campaign.  The only faction against Akshar now are the Korchak people. But Korchak has been neutered. Korchak has no support and was calling Fred Akshar just a couple months ago, begging for political favors. (The same guy Korchak called on to resign). Things could change, scandals can always break, but right now Akshar beats Newcomb substantially.

I agree, she is much older and Fred is shining right now. The only votes she would get are the ones who hate Fred and that’s not enough to win an election

What do people in this area see in Fred? What is his draw? He is such a f'n phony it is unreal. 

Because he has stubble and wears a flannel shirt rolled up? Wields a chainsaw in commercials? I can't believe how many people give him a verbal reach around. It's pathetic. Old people (who we all know vote in droves) absolutely love him too! 

I don't see him losing at all. Ugh. 

On 6/3/2021 at 9:49 PM, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

As the local news put it, many heavy weights among the Republican Party were there at Fred’s even today. She’s gonna have a tough time with the Republican Party 

So who are the heavy weights in the photo? I recognize Mayor David and maybe one guy in the back row.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

If Akshar wins which it seems like will most likely happen then Paul Battisti will get many cases thrown at him on behalf of the broome county sheriff dept 

W.H.A.T....??  How does the sheriff of the  county sheriff's office have ANYTHING to do with cases being "thrown" to Battisti??? Comments like that prove stupidity

On 6/5/2021 at 7:57 PM, a taxpayer said:

W.H.A.T....??  How does the sheriff of the  county sheriff's office have ANYTHING to do with cases being "thrown" to Battisti??? Comments like that prove stupidity

It’s not different than how Bergman and jackson get cases on behalf of the county,

Paul would be no different 

41 minutes ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

It’s not different than how Bergman and jackson get cases on behalf of the county,

Judges appoint defense counsel for indigent defendants, when there is a conflict with the public defender, and special prosecutors, when there is a conflict with the DA. The sheriff has nothing to do with it.

That said, Jackson Bergman do receive the most appointed cases, because Bergman worked for Joe Cawley when Cawley was in private practice, and both Jackson and Bergman worked to get Dooley elected.

5 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

sooooooo... you think the sheriff would arrest MORE people just to get cases thrown Jackson Bergman's way??? delusional... or your common sense is blinded by hatred. 

Just like F. Lee Bailey stated the county sheriff has nothing to to with the workings of the courts. Nothing.

7 hours ago, F. Lee Bailey said:

Judges appoint defense counsel for indigent defendants, when there is a conflict with the public defender, and special prosecutors, when there is a conflict with the DA. The sheriff has nothing to do with it.

That said, Jackson Bergman do receive the most appointed cases, because Bergman worked for Joe Cawley when Cawley was in private practice, and both Jackson and Bergman worked to get Dooley elected.

What I am seeing is Bergman and Jackson getting cases thrown their way from the BC sheriff when the deptartment gets sued