Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bell hooks

Dick’s Open doesn’t hire any people of color

Recommended Posts

If you browse the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open Facebook page you will see many pictures of the tournament staff. If you look through the pictures of the staff members, you will be hard pressed to find any non-white people. 

I thought this tournament was supposed to be a fair representation of our community? And I thought Kim Myers, sister of Dick’s Sports CEO, was a progressive Democrat? 

I guess for the Stack and Myers family, equality is nothing more than a talking point. When it comes down to it, the white kids get the jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does everyone have to recruit? If you want a job fill out an application. Do something for yourself. There's jobs for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bell hooks said:

If you browse the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open Facebook page you will see many pictures of the tournament staff. If you look through the pictures of the staff members, you will be hard pressed to find any non-white people. 

I thought this tournament was supposed to be a fair representation of our community? And I thought Kim Myers, sister of Dick’s Sports CEO, was a progressive Democrat? 

I guess for the Stack and Myers family, equality is nothing more than a talking point. When it comes down to it, the white kids get the jobs.

And how many Trans people have they hired too?

If they wanted to be truly progressive, they'd be offering Drag Queen Golf Clinic (the next step up from Drag Queen Story Time in the libraries).

<sarcasm off>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people of color were offended  by their lack of representation at the open , they only can blame themselves for not applying. Maybe they should put forth some effort to find jobs instead of claiming Racism and wanting everything handed to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bell hooks said:

If you browse the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open Facebook page you will see many pictures of the tournament staff. If you look through the pictures of the staff members, you will be hard pressed to find any non-white people. 

I thought this tournament was supposed to be a fair representation of our community? And I thought Kim Myers, sister of Dick’s Sports CEO, was a progressive Democrat? 

I guess for the Stack and Myers family, equality is nothing more than a talking point. When it comes down to it, the white kids get the jobs.

This is Kim’s perfect world 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bell hooks said:

If you browse the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open Facebook page you will see many pictures of the tournament staff. If you look through the pictures of the staff members, you will be hard pressed to find any non-white people. 

I thought this tournament was supposed to be a fair representation of our community? And I thought Kim Myers, sister of Dick’s Sports CEO, was a progressive Democrat? 

I guess for the Stack and Myers family, equality is nothing more than a talking point. When it comes down to it, the white kids get the jobs.

Most of the people at the DSGO were volunteers.  They did their shift and were forced to leave because someone else was there to take their place.  They were limited as to how many people could be there.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

Most of the people at the DSGO were volunteers.  They did their shift and were forced to leave because someone else was there to take their place.  They were limited as to how many people could be there.  

 

The original post is right, if you look back at their social media posts since April or May.  Not the volunteers the week of the tournament.

Their paid staff looks to have very little diversity.

For a liberal like Kim Myers who gets on her soap box and preaches to all of us about diversity and inclusion, her own family doesn't practice what they preach, when it comes to DSGO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want quotas start with the NBA then. Always something to complain about from the grouchy left, uh far left. But companies should review their hiring occasionally to ensure there's no exclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thomas said:

If you want quotas start with the NBA then. Always something to complain about from the grouchy left, uh far left. But companies should review their hiring occasionally to ensure there's no exclusion.

What NBA professional tournaments are held in Broome County, sponsored by a local politician and their family? Let me know and I’ll be sure to look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The golf tournament or pro hoops are not required to hire a specific race of people. I hope DSGO hiring practices are fair though. Lodge a complaint with the PGA. They can review the tournament's hiring protocol to ensure nobody is excluded based on race. In the mean time, there's many businesses actually hiring people right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×