STOMACH VIRUS

ginger

Good morning. So I got the day off yesterday...power vomited all over my car...there was no stopping it, came out of nowhere BUT there were warning signs. I missed them because I was so tired I thought I needed to catch up on sleep. Loss of appetite for 3 days..brain fog..decrease urination...increase loose stools...and ..

Several hours before vomiting you will experience AURA...do not ignore this like I did. lol :) I actually knew right then and there but decided to go into denial and try to go to work. So I'm an hour away from home covered in mostly water..yes I had a change of clothing, 2 actually but the car is saturated so my job for today is to get out a bucket of soapy water and lysol to decontaminate my car...unless any of you can recommend a detailer willing to do this for me. 

Finally, I slept for twelve hours and just woke up...I have a headache which may or may not be related and a cough..very deep bronchial. I feel like I still have a low grade temp. 

I highly recommend if you have any tamiflu...as soon as your brain says "this is weird, I haven't eaten in 24 hours and I'm not hungry"...that would be a good time to take it or as soon as you notice loose stool. 

I should footnote, I've been in 2 nursing homes locked down with this rota/norovirus. I thought I was being careful. I don't think I got it from those facilities. I think I got it on the road..if you haven't noticed...as stores relax their covid policies, cleaning does not appear to be a priority anymore. Some of the filth I've seen at convenience stores... I've turned around and walked out these last couple of weeks.

OHHHH just a reminder...alcohol based cleaners do not kill norovirus...you have to use bleach/bleach wipes. Hand sanitizer is a no go...wash your hands.

27 seriously...I had pulled over in Cortland and vomited once. I thought that was going to be the end of it. I pulled over at the rest stop in Preble because I thought I was going to be sick again, waited ten minutes. drank some water and got back on the road. Then the stabbing pains started again and I was trying to make it to Tully but no...the exit was within my site, all of the water plus whatever was left in my stomach ...it looked more like a scene from the Exorcist. I couldn't pull over, get the seat belt off and open the door fast enough. I had a roll of paper towels next to me...not fast enough. I changed my clothes in the car so I didn't contaminate the convenience store restroom.. I covered the seat with an extra pair of slacks but UGH!>>>>the seatbelt was wet SO GROSS DRIVING HOME!!!

Lucky me though...A couple of months ago I got sick of vacuuming the car mats and replaced them with rubber floor mats..so up and at em..I have to drag out my carpet shampooer now, it has an upholstery attachment...I'll scrub brush with soapy weak bleach solution, use the shampooer to suck it all up then bleach wipe everything. I think that'll do the trick. I'm sure a detailer will not do all of this the right way. 

I'm still queasy...I ate 2 fudge pops. So far so good. I have ginger root in my fridge from the chinese food I never made so I will probably make a tea to sip on. In fact I think I'll do that now since I want it cold. Have a good morning everyone :) 

https://musthavemom.com/ginger-tea-recipe-getting-the-right-pregnancy-nutrition/

3 hours ago, ginger said:

Good morning. So I got the day off yesterday...power vomited all over my car...there was no stopping it, came out of nowhere BUT there were warning signs. I missed them because I was so tired I thought I needed to catch up on sleep. Loss of appetite for 3 days..brain fog..decrease urination...increase loose stools...and ..

Several hours before vomiting you will experience AURA...do not ignore this like I did. lol :) I actually knew right then and there but decided to go into denial and try to go to work. So I'm an hour away from home covered in mostly water..yes I had a change of clothing, 2 actually but the car is saturated so my job for today is to get out a bucket of soapy water and lysol to decontaminate my car...unless any of you can recommend a detailer willing to do this for me. 

Finally, I slept for twelve hours and just woke up...I have a headache which may or may not be related and a cough..very deep bronchial. I feel like I still have a low grade temp. 

I highly recommend if you have any tamiflu...as soon as your brain says "this is weird, I haven't eaten in 24 hours and I'm not hungry"...that would be a good time to take it or as soon as you notice loose stool. 

I should footnote, I've been in 2 nursing homes locked down with this rota/norovirus. I thought I was being careful. I don't think I got it from those facilities. I think I got it on the road..if you haven't noticed...as stores relax their covid policies, cleaning does not appear to be a priority anymore. Some of the filth I've seen at convenience stores... I've turned around and walked out these last couple of weeks.

If you feel the need to come to BCVoice to tell all of us in detail about your stomach virus... the stomach virus is the least of your problems. 

I couldn't agree more. If Ginger wanted to forewarn everyone that there's a "bug" going around, that's all well and good, but we didn't need to hear,  in graphic and disgusting detail, about her illness. Personally,  I can't begin to imagine why anyone would feel the need to post such a thing! That being said, I hope she feels better soon.

4 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

What did you think the topic was going to be about when the title is STOMACH VIRUS ?

If you don't want to read certain people's posts, you can block them.  I would recommend that especially for you, Michael.

I expected a warning or notification about a virus going around. What I didn't expect was to be subjected to every gory detail.  You can defend her all you like, but that post was disgusting and totally uncalled for. I suspect most would agree, if they're being honest. 

3 minutes ago, Auntie M. said:

I expected a warning or notification about a virus going around. What I didn't expect was to be subjected to every gory detail.  You can defend her all you like, but that post was disgusting and totally uncalled for. I suspect most would agree, if they're being honest. 

Snowflake

8 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Snowflake

Now there's a priceless and well educated response!   I'm just thankful that she stopped short of describing every piece of food contained in her vomitus.  Who knows, maybe we'll be regaled with those details later, once she done cleaning up her "power vomit"! Again, in spite of everything,  I do hope she's feeling better.  Have a healthy day, PeteMoss!

Sorry, sometimes I forget my audience...I imagine some nurses will be dreading having to clean up 52 patients or so from what I described...short staffed. Vomiting important medications like heart and  blood pressure medicine...pain medication...and no I'm still not feeling better...getting up and doing increases the nausea. 

To reiterate...Tamiflu on hand would be helpful.

I agree the post is disgusting. What the hell does it have to do with Broome County issues? Like Auntie M said, if it was a warning about a virus going around, that would be one thing.

Ginger needs to differentiate between conversations that are appropriate for her doctor, appropriate for her therapist, and what is appropriate for BCVoice.

^^^I might also add this is rather shocking for me...I managed to avoid covid 19 all of this time and haven't been sick with anything else for the past 3 plus years. I'm still using all precautions and wearing a mask so that tells me this virus is not your average stomach bug which is usually gone after 24 hours. This, could be something else. In any event...

https://health.westchestergov.com/norovirus

17 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Ginger, was there any diarrhea along with the vomiting?! Nothing worse than having it blow out both holes. Then the horrible decision on whether to squat or kneel. Either way…it’s gonna be a mess. 

I love you 27.   😊 it's not food poisoning. Lol ever have food poisoning from seafood?

17 hours ago, motheragainstdrunkdriving said:

Just rest up,  drink plenty of fluids and stick to soft foods- you know the drill 😁Feel better Ginger and let me know if you need anything from the store. I'll be glad to go to the store for you.

Take care and just holler out if you need anything.

I'm still sick, this is a kick ass flu. I'm still running a low grade temp. It feels like every nerve in my alimentary canal is throbbing. My abdomen hurts when I bend at the waist.. like to empty the dishwasher. No I don't think I have appendicitis. I don't want to take Imodium because I think that will prolong things.. the solution to pollution is dilution. Thanks for your kindness.

OMG 27 Great ball player! I couldn't watch the whole thing. I never have, but I know someone who had it in Birmingham Alabama from Oysters Rockefeller. DID YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD NEVER TAKE ROLAIDS OR TUMS IF YOU SUSPECT FOOD POISONING FROM SHELLFISH?

TOXIN WILL BIND TO CALCIUM AND CARRY IT OUTSIDE OF YOUR DIGESTIVE TRACT...CAN BE DEADLY.

49 minutes ago, ginger said:

OMG 27 Great ball player! I couldn't watch the whole thing. I never have, but I know someone who had it in Birmingham Alabama from Oysters Rockefeller. DID YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD NEVER TAKE ROLAIDS OR TUMS IF YOU SUSPECT FOOD POISONING FROM SHELLFISH?

TOXIN WILL BIND TO CALCIUM AND CARRY IT OUTSIDE OF YOUR DIGESTIVE TRACT...CAN BE DEADLY.

Ginger,

last week we had someone pull into our driveway, opened their door, puked on our driveway, backed out and took off. Was that you?

5 hours ago, JoeTheDrunk said:

Ginger,

last week we had someone pull into our driveway, opened their door, puked on our driveway, backed out and took off. Was that you?

No. I am sorry to say when I pulled over in Cortland I tried to make it to the grass but my efforts were for naught.

Seriously, someone did that? I wonder why they picked your driveway?