2 Reasons to watch The Summer Olympics

2 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Reason #2)
On July 28th, The USA Men’s Basketball team is playing Iran. Anything less than a 50+ point massacre and Iran should cut down the nets. Where’s the 1992 Dream Team and Charles Barkley when we need ‘em

Screw the dream team. Bring back the ALL Amateur Olympics. Yeah, so what if the Russian national team would be again all paid soldiers, the NHL players won't be involved, NBA players, MLB, get rid of the pro tennis players and pro golfers etc. 

I've long refused to watch those sports since the early 1990s or so. 

8 minutes ago, Section4Mike said:

Screw the dream team. Bring back the ALL Amateur Olympics. Yeah, so what if the Russian national team would be again all paid soldiers, the NHL players won't be involved, NBA players, MLB, get rid of the pro tennis players and pro golfers etc. 

I've long refused to watch those sports since the early 1990s or so. 

The Olympics have hit the point of no return. There are basically two types of competitors at the Olympic Games: those who have been caught using performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) and those who have not been caught using PEDs. This is true of all human athletic competition, so somebody please tell Bob Costas that when the stakes are even marginally high competitive people will do anything it takes to win.

"The Olympics have hit the point of no return."

You are likely right. However, I also "see" within my lifetime (if I live to 90) the Olympics either ending, or go to a rotation of 4 or 5 "permanent" host cities or split between cities/countries. (such as split between LA, San Fran and San Diego or even Europe like a shared Olympics with say, London, Paris and Munich.)

Like I said, he don’t at all look like Ringo. 🙂 

Shave off the beard of the Iranian and the post by 70s would not have occurred.

At the former IMDB message boards if you went to a board for a red head babe people post “looks like ____!” and the compared-to is usually another redhead with similar hairstyle. I often replied “maybe from the scalp out.” They otherwise looked nothing like each other. 

12 hours ago, Section4Mike said:

Like I said, he don’t at all look like Ringo. 🙂 

Shave off the beard of the Iranian and the post by 70s would not have occurred.

At the former IMDB message boards if you went to a board for a red head babe people post “looks like ____!” and the compared-to is usually another redhead with similar hairstyle. I often replied “maybe from the scalp out.” They otherwise looked nothing like each other. 

I must confess. I had to search for awhile to find a pic of Ringo that was similar to the Iranian basketball player. I miss those IMDB message boards. Great way to discuss/analyze movies. Reddit just doesn’t do it for me. Did you say Red Head?! 

927579-C3-FA52-4712-A187-D1-E689-D54-FF7