Binghamton High Varsity Football Coach Job Posted

Mike Tyson

10 hours ago, Mike Tyson said:

Rumor has it Garbarino, Ramil and Springer were diverting funds from the Athletic department into a made up club and taking the money.  

The district should be doing an annual audit of the "Extra Classroom Activity Fund"  See if you can get a copy of the document.  If you can't, FOIL it.

In fact, the audit should be going on now with the audit report due out in October.

Secondly, if there was a transfer of monies to an outside "club"  those funds/checks are traceable.  An audit of the last school year should be going on right now and again with the results published in October.

34 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

The district should be doing an annual audit of the "Extra Classroom Activity Fund"  See if you can get a copy of the document.  If you can't, FOIL it.

In fact, the audit should be going on now with the audit report due out in October.

Secondly, if there was a transfer of monies to an outside "club"  those funds/checks are traceable.  An audit of the last school year should be going on right now and again with the results published in October.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. In vestal, the AD and Policare where friends. But when the complaints got to be too much, firing Policare was the easy choice - at the expense of a friendship. Now here In Binjamton, there has to be something big for all to be axed. Don’t wait for John to get to the bottom of it.

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

I’m not shocked by any means 

11 hours ago, Mike Tyson said:

Rumor has it Garbarino, Ramil and Springer were diverting funds from the Athletic department into a made up club and taking the money.  

Well there is no listing for a head basketball coach so maybe Springer was spared. 

6 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Go for it 27.

I used to sub at the high school back in the early to mid-90’s when I graduated college. I’m not sure I’m allowed back on the property. There are guys from that ‘85 Team though that are more than capable. Not gonna happen though.

The right hire could really do something with the talent pool coming out of the area but it all starts at the youth level and the people in charge are incompetent. Add in all the bureaucratic red tape, political correctness, etc… and I simply don’t give a shit anymore. 

1 hour ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

I used to sub at the high school back in the early to mid-90’s when I graduated college. I’m not sure I’m allowed back on the property. There are guys from that ‘85 Team though that are more than capable. Not gonna happen though.

The right hire could really do something with the talent pool coming out of the area but it all starts at the youth level and the people in charge are incompetent. Add in all the bureaucratic red tape, political correctness, etc… and I simply don’t give a shit anymore. 

You are absolutely right that the youth level has to be top notch to have a good high school team.  Without that, you have nothing to work with.

12 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

You are absolutely right that the youth level has to be top notch to have a good high school team.  Without that, you have nothing to work with.

Sadly most families that would get involved in coaching those youth teams have moved to towns surrounding BinghamTroit.  They don't want their kids in BCSD schools anymore because of the "element" that is the majority there.  As a result the minority kids are mostly in single parent households and on welfare.  You won't get much support for youth athletics from those homes, and that is why HS teams like ME, Vestal & Forks are flourishing because half the families from Bingo & Endicott live in these towns now and their kids are the good athletes that have played sports together since they were kids.  

9 hours ago, ExBinger said:

Sadly most families that would get involved in coaching those youth teams have moved to towns surrounding BinghamTroit.  They don't want their kids in BCSD schools anymore because of the "element" that is the majority there.  As a result the minority kids are mostly in single parent households and on welfare.  You won't get much support for youth athletics from those homes, and that is why HS teams like ME, Vestal & Forks are flourishing because half the families from Bingo & Endicott live in these towns now and their kids are the good athletes that have played sports together since they were kids.  

You nailed it

On 8/2/2021 at 7:01 PM, 27 Time World Champions said:

The 1986 team won the state title.

6 hours ago, ExBinger said:

The 1986 team won the state title.

The 1986 BHS boys basketball team won the NYS State Title. The 1985 Boys Football team didn’t play for a State title because there wasn’t one at the time. They both had the #1 Ranking in NYS. I don’t know of another High School in NYS history who pulled that off. Both teams were part of the 1985/1986 academic year. The most successful one for BHS sports and I don’t see that ever being duplicated.

Both football and basketball teams were ranked Nationally. If BHS basketball doesn’t lose to Vestal during the regular season (their only loss that year), they could have been ranked close to #1 Nationally.  I don’t remember how they ended up, but they were Top 20. They blew through the Tournament at Glen Falls winning the championship game by close to 20 points. I believe the football team was ranked something like #17 Nationally. 

1979/1980 Union Endicott also had an incredible academic year. Football was #1, basketball fell short in the title game I believe.  

• 3 weeks later...