Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BinghamtonBill

District Attorney poll: Korchak or Battisti

2023 race for District Attorney  

91 members have voted

  1. 1. 2023 race for District Attorney

    • Michael Korchak
      8
    • Paul Battisti
      83


Recommended Posts

The assumption is the Democratic party will embrace and rally around Korchak. I am a Democrat, and I will not.  I think he's an opportunist who will use anyone or any party for his own ambitions.  Someone who has been a member of three different parties in three years is not stable.  There's a reason no one wants him. 

And I haven't been impressed with him as DA. Drug overdose deaths are soaring, and Korchak is silent on the issue.  Worst of all, Korchak did away with many of the treatment programs instituted by Stephen Cornwell.  (This information comes directly from a treatment provider in Binghamton.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Korchak has been a horrible DA. But I don’t respect how he used the grieving Stantz family and Harper’s death for his campaign. Marty and Patti now know they were used. According to Patti’s sister, Korchak didn’t even have the balls to ask them himself, he had his campaign team visit them to ask them to appear in a commercial. For this disgraceful use of a girls memory, and taking advantage of her grieving parents, I’ll vote Battisti over Korchak next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bballcoach said:

I think Korchak has been a horrible DA. But I don’t respect how he used the grieving Stantz family and Harper’s death for his campaign. Marty and Patti now know they were used. According to Patti’s sister, Korchak didn’t even have the balls to ask them himself, he had his campaign team visit them to ask them to appear in a commercial. For this disgraceful use of a girls memory, and taking advantage of her grieving parents, I’ll vote Battisti over Korchak next time.

Looking back on it, it's sickening how this all went down.  This should have gone to trial, and the defendant should have received a more harsh prison sentence. But Korchak instructed ADA Rita Basile to settle the case in a hurry before the election, so he could openly speak about the case during the campaign.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the Korchak’s are all about politics and not about law and order. I was personally contacted by a member of the Korchak family and urged to not vote for Richard Balles for county legislature, but to vote for Democrat Karen Beebe. This can’t be proper for the District Attorney and his family?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bballcoach said:

I think Korchak has been a horrible DA. But I don’t respect how he used the grieving Stantz family and Harper’s death for his campaign. Marty and Patti now know they were used. According to Patti’s sister, Korchak didn’t even have the balls to ask them himself, he had his campaign team visit them to ask them to appear in a commercial. For this disgraceful use of a girls memory, and taking advantage of her grieving parents, I’ll vote Battisti over Korchak next time.

Exactly.c he used the parents of the girl and even used her logo on his campaign signs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korchak is retaliating against his own former coworkers (big conflict of internet) with those bullshit charges last week. And he framed a former employee with a missing file, just so he could fire him and hire who he wanted.

Korchak is the most corrupt official this area has ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my several decades of living and working in Broome County, I’ve never seen the public so resoundingly question or reject an announcement from a DA or police agency. 

I work with police and the residents of Broome County everyday, and its obvious Korchak now has a major credibility problem. And this comes at a time when drug overdoses are up, and crime is increasing.  This is a potentially very bad situation for all of Broome County. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D607 said:

(big conflict of internet)

I know what you meant, but this is actually a better description of the DA races.

Regarding the poll, I see there's no write-in for Rod Blagojevich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, D607 said:

Korchak is retaliating against his own former coworkers (big conflict of internet) with those bullshit charges last week. And he framed a former employee with a missing file, just so he could fire him and hire who he wanted.

Korchak is the most corrupt official this area has ever seen. 

Atleast Gerry mollen was smooth about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not excited about either, but Korchak needs to go for all the reasons stated here. Someone else posted it quite well. Drug overdoses are soaring again, and we haven’t heard a word from Korchak on this issue. Instead he’s using a grand jury to settle personal and political disagreements?

If this goes the way I think it will, and Korchak ends up being sued, and there’s a big settlement, every penny should come directly from his salary or pension. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Nadine Korchak a Republican? There’s text messages going around of her insulting Fred Akshar, Rich David, Dave Harder, Dan Reynolds, Rick Balles, Rick Miller, Joe Angelino, and Paul and Christine Battisti. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2021 at 12:25 PM, GOP Insider said:

Why is Nadine Korchak a Republican? There’s text messages going around of her insulting Fred Akshar, Rich David, Dave Harder, Dan Reynolds, Rick Balles, Rick Miller, Joe Angelino, and Paul and Christine Battisti. 

Can she fit anymore ppl in one text message lol, sounds like her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battisti will get my vote.

I filed a report with the Binghamton police about a serious issue in Binghamton. When I called to follow up they said it was in the DA’s hands.

After several calls to the DA’s office went unanswered and messages unreturned, I went to the DA’s office and was treated very poorly. After 45 minutes an investigator came out to talk to me and was very rude, like I was interrupting their day. I asked to speak to Korchak and was told that wasn’t possible.

Korchak doesn’t care about us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why on Earth do we vote on a district attorney? It seems odd. None of us knows a damn thing about who these people really are, what the D.A.s job entails, or about the law in general. It can turn out to be a pretty important position and the fact that it's made political is not good. There has to be a better way of choosing someone for that job. Maybe an independent, bipartisan commission or hiring board of people who are trained in investigations and the law? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John Hope said:

Battisti will get my vote.

I filed a report with the Binghamton police about a serious issue in Binghamton. When I called to follow up they said it was in the DA’s hands.

After several calls to the DA’s office went unanswered and messages unreturned, I went to the DA’s office and was treated very poorly. After 45 minutes an investigator came out to talk to me and was very rude, like I was interrupting their day. I asked to speak to Korchak and was told that wasn’t possible.

Korchak doesn’t care about us.

See that’s the difference between Korchak office and battisti’s, if Battisti was in office I am 90% sure he would of came out to speak with you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2021 at 7:32 PM, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

See that’s the difference between Korchak office and battisti’s, if Battisti was in office I am 90% sure he would of came out to speak with you 

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Let's not go crazy here.

Anyone who dealt with Battisti at length can tell you that his office messages went unanswered, that he left his voicemail full to avoid debt collectors and clients, and that he'd sometimes even pretend not to be in his office when angry clients could hear him on the phone from the lobby. This was a matter of routine, to the point that his secretary would scoff and tell people "you know how Paul is" when he'd skip an appointment. His associates sometimes had to take his meetings without warning or preparation because he'd scheduled clients on days he wouldn't be there. One even filed a jailhouse lawsuit in federal court believing Battisti had avoided him and sabotaged his case out of malice for an unpaid legal bill, but he's just like that. Some claimed that he still owed them substantial unspent retainers, and his own former private investigator liked a remark on Facebook about him screwing people over, which leads me to suspect Paul shafted him, too.

The fear was Battisti would bring his style of private practice to the District Attorney's office. Instead, it appears that Korchak brought Battisti's style of private practice to the District Attorney's office. That doesn't mean anyone should want Battisti in the District Attorney's office.

The fix is likely in, but there's still time for the local GOP to do better. Whoever the nominee is will likely be the winner. Paul needs and deserves a credible primary fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Let's not go crazy here.

Anyone who dealt with Battisti at length can tell you that his office messages went unanswered, that he left his voicemail full to avoid debt collectors and clients, and that he'd sometimes even pretend not to be in his office when angry clients could hear him on the phone from the lobby. This was a matter of routine, to the point that his secretary would scoff and tell people "you know how Paul is" when he'd skip an appointment. His associates sometimes had to take his meetings without warning or preparation because he'd scheduled clients on days he wouldn't be there. One even filed a jailhouse lawsuit in federal court believing Battisti had avoided him and sabotaged his case out of malice for an unpaid legal bill, but he's just like that. Some claimed that he still owed them substantial unspent retainers, and his own former private investigator liked a remark on Facebook about him screwing people over, which leads me to suspect Paul shafted him, too.

The fear was Battisti would bring his style of private practice to the District Attorney's office. Instead, it appears that Korchak brought Battisti's style of private practice to the District Attorney's office. That doesn't mean anyone should want Battisti in the District Attorney's office.

The fix is likely in, but there's still time for the local GOP to do better. Whoever the nominee is will likely be the winner. Paul needs and deserves a credible primary fight.

I agree with you, however just like the community gave Korchak a chance and he failed why is it not acceptable for Paul to have a chance at DA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×