BREAKING: City Council President Sophia Resciniti granted ORDER OF PROTECTION against Tarik Abdelazim

BinghamtonBill

^One last thing..this type of behavior also happens in nursing where an aggressive nurse will entrap someone in the med room. There's only one door. I'm thinking of a few people but one in particular who just could not keep her hands off of other staff. She came to my unit after working for several other facilities so we already knew her reputation. She eventually left the state.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how they've handled all the BLM/Antifa/PLOT flying monkeys, who pounded on the door of city hall, and went to her house afterwards?

I'm sure he avoided actually "being" there. 

Has to be something legal was done, or you know this crap would've been ongoing since the last time.

Happened in late March: https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/binghamton/public-safety/2021/03/25/binghamton-city-council-president-disturbed-by-protesters-at-home-over-police-reform

And the PLOT member complained about the meeting being shut down. 

Former Binghamton Mayoral Candidate Tarik Abdelazim was charged with second degree harassment stemming from a formal complaint from sitting Binghamton City Council President Sophia Resciniti.

4_Binghamton-City-Council_20210726_Golde

Tarik Abdelazim speaking at the special city council meeting last month where Sophia Resciniti alleges she had been threatened. (Vaughn Golden/WSKG)

Abdelazim pleaded not guilty to the charges in Binghamton City Criminal Court on Friday. Second degree harassment is a violation, technically not amounting to a crime.

In a deposition Resciniti, a Republican, said Abdelazim called her a “fucking bitch” and yelled at her at a city council meeting last month. Resciniti said Abdelazim also said to her “do you want us over to your house again?”

The latter was a reference to a city council meeting in March after which several people showed up at Resciniti’s house, according to a statement from Binghamton Mayor Rich David at the time. She also referenced this in her deposition.

In addition, Resciniti received a court order of protection against Abdelazim last week.

“While I respect every person’s right to free speech, many lines were crossed at a recent City Council meeting,” Resciniti wrote in a statement to WSKG on Monday. “We cannot tolerate harassment, intimidation and threats at any level but especially if there are threats to us personally, to our homes and families. When those lines are crossed people must be held accountable.”

Abdelazim, who served as executive assistant to Binghamton Mayor Matt Ryan and lost his bid for mayor in 2017, denied threatening Resciniti.

“The complaint by City Council President Sophia Resciniti is factually inaccurate, legally without merit, and is a troubling attempt to intimidate me and others into silence,” Abdelazim wrote in a statement to WSKG. “I will be contesting this charge and defending my first amendment rights, and am confident both the charge and the temporary order of protection will be quickly dismissed.”

Both parties are scheduled to appear before a judge on Aug. 20.

Abdelazim was one of around a dozen people who attended the special city council meeting last month to consider a resolution spending funds from the federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) toward repairs to the city council roof. The meeting did not include an opportunity for public comment and several people spoke up interrupting the meeting, eventually causing council to temporarily adjourn.

Dozens of people, including Abdelazim, showed up to last week’s city council meeting to comment on the roof repair resolution, which had passed along party lines four to three.*

https://wskg.org/news/binghamton-city-council-president-alleges-harassment-stemming-from-council-meetings/

9 hours ago, thomas said:

"In a deposition Resciniti, a Republican, said Abdelazim called her a “fucking bitch” and yelled at her at a city council meeting last month. Resciniti said Abdelazim also said to her “do you want us over to your house again?”

If these truly are the words spoken, it would put them in the fighting words category, not free speech.

I don't see where that order says he cannot attend City Council open meetings.  That's not her home, school, business or place of employment.  

The building (City Hall) belongs to the people and she's elected - not employed there.

We'll see if he challenges it.

21 minutes ago, FormerSomeone said:

I don't see where that order says he cannot attend City Council open meetings.  That's not her home, school, business or place of employment.  

The building (City Hall) belongs to the people and she's elected - not employed there.

According to Wskg report he said he will be he cannot be within a certain amount of feet from her and if she is anywhere Public he cannot be there that’s why he is so adamant to challenge this 

11 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

This is why I mentioned it was just a TRO. Those are issued almost automatically when charges are brought on the word of a complainant until the court can sort out what happened. There is no finding of fact there.

I don't know all the details about the underlying complaint, but based on what's been described since, it sounds like it could go either way.

Creepy and stupid thing for Tarik to say, if he did say it, though. He's a weird guy and his behavior and the drama he attracts does more harm to the causes he gets involved in than good.

1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

This is why I mentioned it was just a TRO. Those are issued almost automatically when charges are brought on the word of a complainant until the court can sort out what happened. There is no finding of fact there.

I don't know all the details about the underlying complaint, but based on what's been described since, it sounds like it could go either way.

Creepy and stupid thing for Tarik to say, if he did say it, though. He's a weird guy and his behavior and the drama he attracts does more harm to the causes he gets involved in than good.

Agreed

3 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

^^^ !!!! Look closely at these two phrases together. They're like a Magic Eye where you'll see the complete image if you squint correctly.

Somehow I'm guessing Dani Cronse will have a similar story of having an argument picked with her in an enclosed space and being backed up against a wall, body to body.... or a refrigerator as with aformentioned nurse. Nothing like having 2 womyn groping each other in the doorway of a restroom and you can't get out unless you brush by them...unless you acknowledge their presence. 

Bing I can't tell you how often this happened years ago when we actually had clubs in our area...They follow you in and the argument was always.."How do you know you won't like it unless you try it?" MY answer was always," because I'm not like that"...the theory promoted was, and I suppose to some extent still is, they are born that way? 

In any event I have come to RECOGNIZE, as with Tariq, the machinations are more about power rather than sex.

Post edit..speaking of..Dani Cronse..a young lady with a young child all of a sudden comes out on WNBF as bisexual? I REALLY have to wonder what happened there. Did she get herself into a situation she couldn't control and was blackmailed into stepping down from City Council? 

Can we impute a similar situation with Theresa..perhaps not a sexually charged situation but one where the councilwoman is being intimidated out of her position by the same people?...she has children...

It looks like racketeering..like a RICO case to me. 

I bet the police could establish a pattern of behavior...it's the same people over and over again...you have Dani, Theresa and Emily...who isn't a politician but...they wanted her to be one. Who else?

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/racketeer-influenced-and-corrupt-organizations-act-hardly-civil

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Bing I can't tell you how often this happened years ago when we actually had clubs in our area...They follow you in and the argument was always.."How do you know you won't like it unless you try it?" MY answer was always," because I'm not like that"...the theory promoted was, and I suppose to some extent still is, they are born that way? 

In any event we have come to understand, as with Tariq, the machinations are more about power rather than sex.

Whatever was going on here, the DA's Office investigator assigned to her eventually specifically told her he had seen evidence that she was harassing them, and warned her to quit wasting public resources with this bullshit. We know this because she posted the message.

She also posted a police report prepared after the second of at least two calls Tarik has made to BPD begging for help getting her to leave him alone.

She claims to want Tarik to leave her alone, but tags him on social media constantly, including seven times in just a few hours in the middle of the night last night, and apparently follows him to public meetings to sit behind him.

When another Twitter user suggested that it seemed obvious she was the one stalking Tarik, she admitted that she was, but claimed she was only doing it because "I have to".

She claims BPD closed her complaints on the secret orders of Rich David - who she believes is cooperating with Tarik against her, and who she claims is having a sexual relationship with her 70-year-old mother and also that he and Tarik are lovers.

There is no "they". There is no grand political conspiracy - lesbian or otherwise - in which local government is cooperating to "ruin the life" of some podunk artist. Tarik just tried to stick his dick in crazy and got more than he bargained for, because that woman is utterly fucking bananas and hurls wild-eyed false accusations in every direction.

Unfortunately, I think she's going to end up getting herself arrested, especially since she seems to be tweeting death threats at BPD now.

5 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Whatever was going on here, the DA's Office investigator assigned to her eventually specifically told her he had seen evidence that she was harassing them, and warned her to quit wasting public resources with this bullshit. We know this because she posted the message.

She also posted a police report prepared after the second of at least two calls Tarik has made to BPD begging for help getting her to leave him alone.

She claims to want Tarik to leave her alone, but tags him on social media constantly, including seven times in just a few hours in the middle of the night last night, and apparently follows him to public meetings to sit behind him.

When another Twitter user suggested that it seemed obvious she was the one stalking Tarik, she admitted that she was, but claimed she was only doing it because "I have to".

She claims BPD closed her complaints on the secret orders of Rich David - who she believes is cooperating with Tarik against her, and who she claims is having a sexual relationship with her 70-year-old mother and also that he and Tarik are lovers.

There is no "they". There is no grand political conspiracy - lesbian or otherwise - in which local government is cooperating to "ruin the life" of some podunk artist. Tarik just tried to stick his dick in crazy and got more than he bargained for, because that woman is utterly fucking bananas.

Unfortunately, I think she's going to end up getting herself arrested, especially since she seems to be tweeting death threats at BPD now.

Bing I was the first person to call her out if you recall..."they' always say the truth is somewhere in between. :) 

7 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

There is no "they". There is no grand political conspiracy - lesbian or otherwise - in which local government is cooperating to "ruin the life" of some podunk artist. Tarik just tried to stick his dick in crazy and got more than he bargained for, because that woman is utterly fucking bananas.

Holy Moly! 

I tried to get UTD on her FB page a few times, and didn't understand most of what she was posting. 

Then again, I can't think of anyone more deserving of this than Tafreak. 

29 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

There is no "they". There is no grand political conspiracy - lesbian or otherwise - in which local government is cooperating to "ruin the life" of some podunk artist. Tarik just tried to stick his dick in crazy and got more than he bargained for, because that woman is utterly fucking bananas and hurls wild-eyed false accusations in every direction.

I couldn’t agree more, she had a mugshot she posted and after a Twitter user asked who gave her a black eye she said she did but “she should of blamed it on the police”. She’s all mixed up 

She meets with Ronald Benjamin “every night” and has been going to his house to discuss the case, that is very odd why cannot they meet at his office? Does he do this with every client? 

she has been insulting Mike Korchak repeatedly on Twitter which may not help much and this is just one post she put up about him of many on her Twitter page.

On her way to Ron Benjamin’s house clip

55 minutes ago, ginger said:

I bet the police could establish a pattern of behavior...it's the same people over and over again...you have Dani, Theresa and Emily...who isn't a politician but...they wanted her to be one. Who else?

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/racketeer-influenced-and-corrupt-organizations-act-hardly-civil

Emily told me they wanted her to run for city council so she could be Tariq's proxy vote. When she said no he sent in Dara. That is how I understood the story.

40 minutes ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

She meets with Ronald Benjamin “every night” and has been going to his house to discuss the case, that is very odd why cannot they meet at his office? Does he do this with every client? 

Oh God no I think she's tweeting about one of us

locking all my windows and doors and putting the car in the garage

For Ms Rensciti's edification...I WAS JUST REVIEWING MY TWITTER ACCOUNT. SHE STATES SHE HAD A FELONY CHARGE AGAINST TARIQ GOING ALL THE WAY BACK TO CORNWALL FOR STALKING.

I wonder if I can find Dani Cronse on WNBF on sound cloud? She was CRYING ON THE AIR. But wait, didn't she once post right here on BC Voice? Give me a few minutes.