BREAKING: City Council President Sophia Resciniti granted ORDER OF PROTECTION against Tarik Abdelazim

BinghamtonBill

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, ginger said:

POST EDIT..AND DIDN'T THE HUMAN RIGHT COMMITTEE HARASS ED HICKEY? I'M TRYING TO RECALL HOW THAT STORY WENT...

It's always the same people. It seems I recall Ed Hickey speaking at City Council and who was front and center? 

For $200 Alex?

I also recall he was telling his story on WNBF as well. Unfortunately I need a nap. I cooked a turkey yesterday. I'll get back to this..have to go through the radio files.

Odd to me how easily she received a OOP. Years ago I applied when I was receiving threats and being harassed by an exs girlfriend, due to her horrible insecurity, and applied 2x and was denied. Yet she got one granted to her over being called a "fucking bitch"?? 

Who pushed this through? 

1 hour ago, QueenB said:

Odd to me how easily she received a OOP. Years ago I applied when I was receiving threats and being harassed by an exs girlfriend, due to her horrible insecurity, and applied 2x and was denied. Yet she got one granted to her over being called a "fucking bitch"?? 

Who pushed this through? 

Odd to me that they wrote up a violation.

I know of an incident where a woman received a specific criminal threat from an ex-husband who had been physically violent in the past trying to extort money, who then made an unwanted visit to her home to pound on her door. BPD refused to even dispatch an officer to take the complaint.

I can definitely understand taking angry remarks about "coming to her house" seriously, there might be more context we don't know about, but it's obviously preferential treatment over what an ordinary local homeowner and taxpayer receives under the same circumstances.

I'M STILL LOOKING FOR RADIO EXCERPTS...but I did run into this...

From Oct 22, 2015  per Mayor David...

"As it exists right now the human rights commission is a special interest organization pushing legislation and a political agenda. Utilizing city hall to advance that goal would be a dangerous and untenable precedent".

DANGEROUS special interest ORGANIZATION. And who sat on that committee back then? RICO act says you can go back 10 years. 

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/local/2015/10/08/binghamton-human-rights-commission-david-continue-clash/73381848/

21 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

Odd to me that they wrote up a violation.

I know of an incident where a woman received a specific criminal threat from an ex-husband who had been physically violent in the past trying to extort money, who then made an unwanted visit to her home to pound on her door. BPD refused to even dispatch an officer to take the complaint.

I can definitely understand taking angry remarks about "coming to her house" seriously, there might be more context we don't know about, but it's obviously preferential treatment over what an ordinary local homeowner and taxpayer receives under the same circumstances.

Yes Bing, totally agree with you. 

I too filed for one during my very highly contested and toxic divorce proceedings. My ex was using the system as a way to harrass me, filing against me for anything and everything. He would also text me non stop, making threat after threat, using statements such as "I'll make sure you never see your daughter again". I called the police and filed several reports. They would never press any charges and all of my attempts to receive even a non harrasment OOP were turned down. Not only was I not protected from the courts, but the PD did absolutely nothing to help me, they just stood by and let it happen. 

It's very clear to me that in this situation with Tarik and the council woman, preferential treatment was given and the courts and PD worked together to grant this OOP for her. I'm glad she feels safer now that she has one, and I'm not saying that she shouldn't have been granted one, but I am saying that the system is broken. The ones that truly need them are usually the ones that don't receive them, and sometimes it ends up being too little too late.

It really is infuriating to me the difference between the 2 situations and the difficulty given to one over the other when trying to obtain an OOP. 

On 8/12/2021 at 11:18 AM, ginger said:

Has the Mayor of Binghamton ever been threatened? hmmmm...I bet he has.

Didn't someone threaten to spray him with Dawn detergent so that when all the filth and oils and grease had dissipated there'd be nothing left but his clothes?  

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly?

I have spoken to a few Binghamton Police officers and they are wrongly getting criticized for this.  Sophia Resciniti went directly to DA Mike Korchak, to get the order of protection. 

Sophia Recciniti was a big supporter of Korchak during his election.  And this is how it works in Broome County.  If you support Korchak, you get whatever you want.  If you don't support Korchak, he comes after you.

31 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

I have spoken to a few Binghamton Police officers and they are wrongly getting criticized for this.  Sophia Resciniti went directly to DA Mike Korchak, to get the order of protection. 

Sophia Recciniti was a big supporter of Korchak during his election.  And this is how it works in Broome County.  If you support Korchak, you get whatever you want.  If you don't support Korchak, he comes after you.

So if you're a regular person, and you are legitimately scared for your life, based on the prior acts of your attacker... good luck!  You're on your own.  You won't let an OPP.  Just like Garo's daughter wrote here.

But if you're a City Councilwoman, and your husband owns a business, and you live in a castle on the West side, you can get an OPP if someone calls you a "bitch"? This is totally unacceptable. 

Korchak is the most political DA Broome County has ever seen, and he needs to be removed from office.

2 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

Very good point but Tarik showed up to another meeting after he was issued the order of protection and he tried defending his words infron of council, not sure how he didn’t go unchecked that day

15 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

This isn't an area of expertise for me, but I've never heard of a District Attorney's office doing this. The typical workflow I've seen is for them to refer it to the PD, and for them to decide whether or not to pursue anything and/or refer it to the DA's office for prosecution. Getting a TRO would then be normal, but it seems really odd that they'd take a low-level harassment complaint internally.

Maybe it goes on all the time and I just don't see it, but it does smell funny.

1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

This isn't an area of expertise for me, but I've never heard of a District Attorney's office doing this. The typical workflow I've seen is for them to refer it to the PD, and for them to decide whether or not to pursue anything and/or refer it to the DA's office for prosecution. Getting a TRO would then be normal, but it seems really odd that they'd take a low-level harassment complaint internally.

Maybe it goes on all the time and I just don't see it, but it does smell funny.

You are exactly right.  This is all political.  That's how Korchak operates.  Sophia was and is a big supporter of his, so she gets the special, red carpet treatment.  If that was an average resident of Broome County, who requested an order of protection under similar circumstances, they would have been laughed at.  Go ahead, try it.  Call Korchak, and tell him about someone calling you a bitch, and see if he hooks you up with an order of protection. 

21 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Y’know, not defending Korchak AT ALL, but Tafreak sent his psycho flying monkeys to her house in late March, and threatened to do so again.

Their protests are far from peaceful, like most ANTIFA.

I wouldn’t want them terrorizing my family, either.

ummm FDR, it's a bit more than calling someone a name as 2pelo Honey points out.