Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vestalguest

8/21 BU is back

Recommended Posts

The parkway is a mess today. Binghamton University is back. So what does this mean? All of vestal and the downtown bars will be mobbed for the coming weeks? Covid numbers will skyrocket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

434 West is currently backed up from the University all the way into Binghamton (across river from Lourdes Hospital).

C6A0C6D4-25BB-48A4-A178-54409CAC727D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vestalguest said:

So what does this mean? 

10,000 more girls for Jeffrey Wagner to slap in the face.

F849FDEF-6155-43D0-8FD8-AC45DAA8039C.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg I made the mistake of taking 201 to vestal to take my daughter on a girl's day... Traffic is backed up to almost the mall at this point. Barely moving. What a mess. 

162956940483135834511554275383.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That idiot Harvey Stegner was on the news a few days ago about how great he is, and about how great BU is. Nothing about coordinating with Vestal police, or the NY DOT. 

There’s no way they were able to stay on this schedule. 
 

From BU:

The entire move-in process can take 1–2 hours. In order to provide our students and families the best service possible, we have staggered arrival times:

  • Students living on ground or even-numbered floors should arrive between 8 and 11:30 a.m.
  • Students living on odd-numbered floors should arrive between 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
  • You must check in by 4 p.m. or wait until the following day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually had two automated phone calls to my landline seconds apart “warning” me that BU students were arriving to campus today and that the area “should be avoided” including 201S. That was a first for me, phone calls to my land line on a traffic alert. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why Harvey, why? Old Vestal Road west to SUNY gridlock too besides standstill om PKWY. Stuck for over an hour.

9oKQ34q.jpg

vFHXsHU.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made the mistake of trying to go to the Parkway to replace something.

Came down Vestal Ave from the South Side of Binghamton. Then encountered the mess. At the time had no idea about BU. Thought it might be a fire on the Parkway, as nothing was going by eastbound either.

Turned off into a cul de sac, then cut up over the hills to Country Club Road, then over Fuller Hollow Road, then down Jensen. Figured we'd take Old Vestal Road.

That was backed up as well. 20 minutes later finally made it to the store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vestalguest said:

The parkway is a mess today. Binghamton University is back. So what does this mean? All of vestal and the downtown bars will be mobbed for the coming weeks? Covid numbers will skyrocket?


How is that possible? Don't all BU students have to be vaccinated?

So they and everyone who comes in contact with them should be safe.

Oh wait — that was what Fauci and the CDC said LAST month.

<sarcasm off>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Professor J. Ruskin said:

The entire move-in process can take 1–2 hours. In order to provide our students and families the best service possible, we have staggered arrival times:

  • Students living on ground or even-numbered floors should arrive between 8 and 11:30 a.m.
  • Students living on odd-numbered floors should arrive between 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
  • You must check in by 4 p.m. or wait until the following day.


Isn't the Ground Floor also the 1st Floor?

So what time are they supposed to arrive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a disaster on all levels. Binghamton University, Town of Vestal, Broome County and at the state level. Traffic backed up for an hour in both directions on 434, Old Vestal Rd and 201. 

We live in an area where there’s a press conference every time someone sneezes, but our local leaders couldn’t come together to develop a plan or cohesive message for this weekend?

Stenger, Vestal officials, Garnar, Sheriff Harder and anyone else involved should be ashamed of themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 2:09 PM, QueenB said:

Omg I made the mistake of taking 201 to vestal to take my daughter on a girl's day... Traffic is backed up to almost the mall at this point. Barely moving. What a mess. 

162956940483135834511554275383.jpg

Hey Queen, my baby sister went to school with you. She says hello.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×