Michael E. Byrd, the Capitol Police cop who saved countless lives by executing the unarmed Ashli Babbitt on Jan.6

27 Time World Champions

^Whatever...The one question everyone wants to know is what is your connection to John Sullivan? EVERYBODY, including me had this kid tagged as trouble MONTHS PRIOR TO THE CAPITAL EVENT  and he's standing right next to the shooter getting it all on film and was paid $70,000. dollars for that footage. Geez Lester could you dig a little deeper? I call BS.

Good for him.  "Hold the perimiter"; and that shooting did.  It halted the mob long enough for the Speakers Lobby to be evacuated.  

Play stupid games - win stupid prizes.  "Stop" means stop.  How often have I heard "I'd like to see more rioters and looters shot".  Well, we did.  Hooray.

12 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

Good for him.  "Hold the perimiter"; and that shooting did.  It halted the mob long enough for the Speakers Lobby to be evacuated.  

Play stupid games - win stupid prizes.  "Stop" means stop.  How often have I heard "I'd like to see more rioters and looters shot".  Well, we did.  Hooray.

Why was she shot and no one else?

What policy enables a police officer to shoot an unarmed person that was not committing a felony crime?

What training did Lt. Byrd attend that told him to take this action?

Does his training permit him to shoot without taking into account the backdrop that included other police officers?

What is the use of force history with Lt. Byrd and how many times has he pointed his weapon prior to this?

Is there a policy that says deadly force is justified against misdemeanor suspects entering the United States Congress?

Are there signs posted that says those entering without permission may be shot?

If so many lives were in danger, why not a single shot from another officer?

“Last Resort” deadly force policy dictates that “all other means” of stopping the suspect must be utilized. What attempts, other than verbal commands (that we have not seen video of) were used?

Does the Capitol Police have the authority to shoot individuals that come up to members of congress “unarmed” even if they appear agitated?

Lt. Byrd said that he saved “countless” lives that day but would a reasonable officer believe that an unarmed crowd, even upset and potentially assaultive, was going to turn into mass murder? If so, how did these police shootings not happen literally every day for a year following the violent riots after the death of George Floyd?

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

And:  Then were pictures of him walking around, pointing his weapon at other officers.  Those same photos showed him with his figure ON the trigger. 

He was a poorly trained officer.  He performed poorly and yet he was a Lieutenant.

Same guy who left his loaded gun in a public restroom while kids were on a tour.

2387-B7-B0-C743-471-E-8489-04-B957367904

10 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

And:  Then were pictures of him walking around, pointing his weapon at other officers.  Those same photos showed him with his figure ON the trigger. 

He was a poorly trained officer.  He performed poorly and yet he was a Lieutenant.

The only real question is how much the book deal will be for.

18 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Why was she shot and no one else?

What policy enables a police officer to shoot an unarmed person that was not committing a felony crime?

What training did Lt. Byrd attend that told him to take this action?

Does his training permit him to shoot without taking into account the backdrop that included other police officers?

What is the use of force history with Lt. Byrd and how many times has he pointed his weapon prior to this?

Is there a policy that says deadly force is justified against misdemeanor suspects entering the United States Congress?

Are there signs posted that says those entering without permission may be shot?

1.)  The crowd dropped back after she was shot and they were able to evacuate the room - more would have been excessive.

2.)  She was engaged in several felonious acts and in a riot situation.  Criminal tresspass, breaking and entering, rioting, and insurrection are not misdeminors  The latter can get a 10 year prision sentence.  Officer Byrd reacted as he was trained.  Obviously his decision was found to be lawful in front of a Federal prosecutor and review board.

3.)  Oh, I bet the Capital Police get a LOT of anti-terrorist and riot control training.  He is also a decorated veteran.  So was she - and in violation of The Oath.

4.)  See #2

5.)  Don't know.  See list of non-misdemenor acts in process at the time of the shooting in #2.  Any Federal Court has armed baliffs and security.  That's why there are metal detectors at City Hall - because of the courts on the 4th floor.

6.). No signs at my house, either.  But if you come in by breaking your way through a door or window - I'm shooting.  And it's not my profession. 

1 hour ago, FormerSomeone said:

1.)  The crowd dropped back after she was shot and they were able to evacuate the room - more would have been excessive.

2.)  She was engaged in several felonious acts and in a riot situation.  Criminal tresspass, breaking and entering, rioting, and insurrection are not misdeminors  The latter can get a 10 year prision sentence.  Officer Byrd reacted as he was trained.  Obviously his decision was found to be lawful in front of a Federal prosecutor and review board.

3.)  Oh, I bet the Capital Police get a LOT of anti-terrorist and riot control training.  He is also a decorated veteran.  So was she - and in violation of The Oath.

4.)  See #2

5.)  Don't know.  See list of non-misdemenor acts in process at the time of the shooting in #2.  Any Federal Court has armed baliffs and security.  That's why there are metal detectors at City Hall - because of the courts on the 4th floor.

6.). No signs at my house, either.  But if you come in by breaking your way through a door or window - I'm shooting.  And it's not my profession. 

Was he trained to carry the firearm with his finger on the trigger?

Was he trained to point the firearm at other officers?

Why was he the only one who fired his weapon?

Why did the Capitol police let some of the visitors into the building?

Insurrection?  No way.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:27 PM, FormerSomeone said:

No compassion for the Four Capital Police Officers that commited suicide the past Six months?

For some reason Vince Foster and a chicago choir director (among others) come to mind.

Of course I have compassion for them.  No doubt they felt betrayed by those they were defending as information came forward that it was "an inside job".  And Officer Brian Sicknick, who was murdered by the mob.  It was an ugly, ugly day for all Americans.  I was horrified.

I hope they run the causes of the riot, politicians as well as participants, to ground and give them the maximum possible penalties.  Unfortunately we no longer hang traitors.  And now Rep. McCarthy is threatening the phone companies that if they disclose the records he and his co-conspirators will be vindictive.  He should get the first court summons; and now we have an additional charge.

1 hour ago, FormerSomeone said:

Of course I have compassion for them.  No doubt they felt betrayed by those they were defending as information came forward that it was "an inside job".  And Officer Brian Sicknick, who was murdered by the mob.  It was an ugly, ugly day for all Americans.  I was horrified.

I hope they run the causes of the riot, politicians as well as participants, to ground and give them the maximum possible penalties.  Unfortunately we no longer hang traitors.  And now Rep. McCarthy is threatening the phone companies that if they disclose the records he and his co-conspirators will be vindictive.  He should get the first court summons; and now we have an additional charge.

Still following the agenda and narrative of the Left?

Protesters did not cause any Deaths during that Protest. The only killing that day was by the guy this thread is about.

The protester did not bounce a fire extinguisher off the head of a Capital Guard?  I know a different version based on visual evidence.

And I'm moderate conserrvative registered Republican since 1976.  Maybe I should be in the unicorn party.  Because there no longer exists a moderate position in politics.

I feel something vanished from my conservative party and it went full crazy zealot right wing,