SHOPPING

ginger

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Sounds like you love the whole menu.

One might think that, but there’s a lot I haven’t even tried.

I only noted what I’ve had and liked.

Never had the previously mentioned buttermilk chicken, but it got a great review above.

And, still have to try the subs.

I like having a little place like that, not far from home, that has good prepared food in case I have nothing made for dinner, and not at prices as high as Wegman’s.

As CS stated, it is a gem.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

https://chenangobridgeredandwhite.com/what-we-offer/daily-specials/friday/

Looks like Friday. ^^^

Never had that, but love their stuffed egg rolls, city chicken, stuffed chicken breasts, Asian marinated pork chops, fried fish, manicotti, oh, and dips…they have Buffalo chicken, taco, and spinach artichoke in alum foil containers, so you can pop in the oven. Great meatballs, too.

Yep, it was Friday. And best of all, the buttermilk chicken was boneless. I got to eat every morsel. It might very well have been the most tender and delicious chicken I've ever eaten. And I've eaten a good size flock over my lifetime. And we haven't even talked about the prices. A huge sub that took me two days to eat, two pieces of amazing buttermilk chicken and a soda..about 15 bucks. We must have a law passed that forbids this place from ever closing.

3 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

That too! 

One thing I don't care for is the damned traffic over the bridge. 

I saw it last time I was there, and decided to backtrack down Front St. 

It was totally filling the bridge, and beyond to the light by McGirk's, by about 3-4 cars. 

The traffic is definitely a drawback. I don't know who the geniuses were that planned that multi-dimensional psychedelic collision of on and off ramps, twists and turns and stoplights, but I hope they're not doing any more planning.

I know I said I was done with CVS but a few days ago I was having work done on my car at Monroe on Front so I walked over to kill some time. I bought a tube of hand cream and they gave me a 35% off any item coupon. So I go to use the coupon today and guess what?

Instead of just checking the expiration date now you have to check to see when you can actually use the coupon...I didn't even notice, the cashier did, the coupon wasn't good until October 3rd. She was nice and let me use it anyway...

So not worth the trouble. They just insist on playing their games...whatever.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, PeteMoss said:

I went to Sam's today.  The shelves are starting to look depleted.  Brawny paper towels are 1 to a customer.  Very little paper supplies along the back row.

Name brands are there but very little Member's Mark stuff.

Prices have gone up.

Things are going south again.

I went today.  Paper products in the back row was all stocked up.  The pallets were 2 and 3 deep.

Just an FYI.

1 hour ago, ginger said:

I know I said I was done with CVS but a few days ago I was having work done on my car at Monroe on Front so I walked over to kill some time. I bought a tube of hand cream and they gave me a 35% off any item coupon. So I go to use the coupon today and guess what?

Instead of just checking the expiration date now you have to check to see when you can actually use the coupon...I didn't even notice, the cashier did, the coupon wasn't good until October 3rd. She was nice and let me use it anyway...

So not worth the trouble. They just insist on playing their games...whatever.

I've given up on CVS.

I find Walgreens online to be so much better...over $35 ships free, and I almost always find sales on what I want, or they offer an online coupon, plus bonus bucks that come fast. 

1 minute ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I've given up on CVS.

I find Walgreens online to be so much better...over $35 ships free, and I almost always find sales on what I want, or they offer an online coupon, plus bonus bucks that come fast. 

Every time I buy something at CVS, the coupons that print out are for feminine items.  That makes no sense. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a wedding shower to go to today. I took the weekend off and went shopping last night because I wanted something new to wear. I started at Boscovs hoping to save time...they used to carry regular suit sets, not a one. I couldn't find a skirt or a blazer. Then I went to JC Penney's thinking I could get my favorite Worthington wool blend separates...not a blazer nor a skirt in the entire store and the dresses were not even close to my style at all. I skipped Burlington because all of their clothing always looks like it was worn by somebody else.

I went to TJ Maxx, Kohls...no luck...Kohls had one skirt...no blazers.

Back tracked to Burlington and found 3 skirts I liked, purchased all 3. I did not find a blazer or sweater.

The state of shopping here is abysmal...I would have went to the Salvation Army but they were closed by the time I got out the door.

The styles that are out this year are disgusting...and cheap. 

BTW thanks to Burlington for staying open until 11pm on a Saturday night...really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

My love affair with Red and White continues...damn, why didn't I get the rice pudding again?

I went there thinking I might get that buttermilk chicken but it wasn't being served...they had battered fish. If you are squeamish about your fish actually tasting like fish...no worries...this was really mild. They make a sweet dill tartar, I had a lemon at home...with a side of their greek pasta salad and now damn...I'm wishing I bought the rice pudding. 

Two large pieces were $11.00 and change.

I also bought a package of SERIOUSLY nice looking thin sliced ribeyes..for sandwiches with those Roma Rolls.

Have a good weekend everyone.  :) 

On 8/30/2021 at 11:44 AM, 2pelo Honey said:

I went to JC L&W a couple weeks ago, and decided to walk over to Wegman’s to pick up a few things.

Was aware construction was coming up, but didn’t expect to have to walk all the down to the east side entrance, PAST a sign that said construction would begin on 8/23.

Then walk inside the foyer to the west side entrance.

Then back to the east side of the store.

Really poor planning, and my back was killing by the time I finally got back to my car.

BTW, someone just told me that this work hasn't even started yet at Wegman's...can anyone confirm that? 

I haven't been back since late Aug. 

4 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

BTW, someone just told me that this work hasn't even started yet at Wegman's...can anyone confirm that? 

I haven't been back since late Aug. 

I haven't been back myself. A few days ago, I found myself in Walmart in Cobleskill...completely pleasant shopping..everything was stocked, people aren't hoarding, the prices seemed less expensive than here and the parking was a dream..only 2 handicapped spots in front per row...easy in and easy out. 

I've been getting my hair and nails done in Oneonta too..it's just faster...and it breaks up my trip home a bit. I love my new stylist..she's around my age and knows exactly how I want my hair. She's fabulous herself! :) 

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get sauteed chicken and garlic spaghetti like Nikko's used to make?

I was totally craving that this morning...checked out Pantheon in Harpersville and Spot restaurant but it isn't on their menus.

• 6 months later...

I just came from Wegmans in Brockport. Every shelf is stocked. Amply stocked. There were no gaps in cleaning, paper supplies. They had the Wegmans vitamin water, a full line of clothes detergents. The store was immaculate.

One can only speculate why our store is so lacking in product. 

11 hours ago, ginger said:

I just came from Wegmans in Brockport. Every shelf is stocked. Amply stocked. There were no gaps in cleaning, paper supplies. They had the Wegmans vitamin water, a full line of clothes detergents. The store was immaculate.

One can only speculate why our store is so lacking in product. 

The speculation...why is Wegmans in Johnson City trying to push green products on us?

Last time I was there I took the last box of Bounce. Everything else was Planet Green or some sort of product. I wanted Clorox or Lysol toilet duck...again all green product...

On 10/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, ginger said:

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get sauteed chicken and garlic spaghetti like Nikko's used to make?

I was totally craving that this morning...checked out Pantheon in Harpersville and Spot restaurant but it isn't on their menus.

The Argo use to be awesome for garlic spaghetti. Remember that?

I do remember going to the Argo on several occasions. I remember who I was eating with but I do not recall what I was eating.

Greek House has the pasta but not the sauteed chicken. I've actually never had a meal from Greek House. I walked in the door one afternoon to order and maybe see if they could make the chicken but nobody greeted me. She walked into the kitchen and never came back out so I left. There were only maybe 3 people there.

Post edit...I DO recall eating Blue Fish at Argo! It was fresh.  :) 

Last week I came off Front St to go gawk at the graffitti and glanced at the back end of the Binghamton Plaza.I think I've appealed to every mayor for years to tear down that useless outdated eyesore. 

JARED! MAYOR KRAHAM! YES YOU! TELL THOSE GALESI BROTHERS USE IT OR LOSE IT!

WE DON'T NEED THEIR MONEY. DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH THE PROPERTY OR WE'RE TEARING IT DOWN.

• 1 month later...

Last week on my day off, I hit up that bargain rack store in the Binghamton Plaza. It was Monday so everything was $3.00. I didn't have the wherewithal to pick through the stuff. One interesting thing I did find...I have this small kitchen vent on the floor. They had 2 or 3 vent covers in brushed chrome. It looks nice.

Today I thought I'd try Aldis to see if I could save on anything on my grocery list. If I saved a dollar total I would be surprised. 

At Price Chopper another 2 ladies and I were joking that we wouldn't be purchasing  RITZ Crackers until the price went back to being 2/$5.00. Lol 

One thing you should try to grab if there is any left...PC mild cheddar cheese is marked with a one dollar off coupon because the expiration is today. It's on sale for $2.00. so I ended up paying a dollar per 8oz bar. I picked up 5 bars and threw them in the freezer. I'm sure they'll be good for something. 

Melt with a can of Rotelle tomatoes for dip...