THE UNDERGROUND

ginger

Yesterday I was listening to Bill Handel's radio show. He's a lawyer who does a call in show. A gentlemen called in and told this story...

His doctor died and he only had 5 days left of his prescriptions for blood pressure medication that he had been taking for 30 years. He had to go out of town for business, called in for his scripts and the doctor's office refused to fill them until he saw the new doctor he was assigned to. He didn't have time for that...flying out the next day and shortly thereafter had a stroke, that he appears to be recovering from. 

Handel told him he probably had no legal recourse. 

Normal people can not deal with the BS in the medical community anymore. I might also mention the rationing of convalescent plasma to red states. The murder of seniors in nursing homes...the list goes on...We're going to need an underground. It's a life or death issue.

I've been thinking about this while getting ready for work...Handel said he didn't think the guy could make a malpractice case out of it because their argument would be if something happened... ie the stroke and he didn't see the doctor then that would be malpractice too.

What Handel and probably the caller fails to see is the guys blood pressure shot up from being denied his medication for a BS reason, and remained elevated...he didn't have the stroke from lack of medication. He had the stroke from the adrenalin..FIGHT OR FLIGHT..I bet he does have a case.

YOU COULD ALSO MAKE THE ARGUMENT FOR NEGLIGENCE..THEY KNEW HE WAS GETTING ON A PLANE...WISH I KNEW THE TIMELINE FOR THIS...I BET HE THREW A CLOT RIGHT THEN AND THERE. THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE AN ACCOMODATION. HE SHOULD SUE THEM.