KATHY HOCHUL

ginger

So she thinks she's going to import a bunch of foreign staff to back fill in hospitals and nursing facilities...

Ha, we did that back in 2000. Paid for transport, schooling, housing, education every damn thing imaginable and guess what? They didn't stay in New York because they work people like dogs here, union or not. The pay and benefits are  lacking not to mention a severe lack of professionalism. Ask anyone, nursing is not what it was twenty years ago.

3 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

She did one good thing, she got rid of Zucker.  He and Cuomo killed how many elderly in Nursing Homes?

She didn't get rid of him, he resigned. She's still keeping him until a replacement is found. 

Last night another RN supervisor said her goodbyes to me..I was surprised she was leaving, she'd been working at the same facility for 30 years. She's cashing out her 401k and maybe taking early social security if things don't turn around. She's angry but as she said...if she was the type to be bullied she wouldn't have lasted in nursing for so long. 

Upstate is going to be a mess...idiot Governor had better be ready for an onslaught of lawsuits...Columbia County Hospital is already refusing patients and sending them to Albany or Kingston.

Another supervisor I ran into last night just took her second covid shot...she doesn't have the luxury of not working...she felt sick and wanted to go home...she was already on site for 20 hrs, had a cart and the nurses who were supposed to replace her were not coming in. I heard they had a few agency nurses show up...later rather than sooner.

A few new faces last night, Gee I wonder why, you ask? Oh the girls told me...the state, aka Department of Health came in yesterday morning, saw what the staffing looked like and told the nursing homes they'd better hire agency nurses immediately or they were shutting them down.

I see Kathy Hochul has extended an invitation to out of state nurses to come work in NYS without having to recertify their credentials..

After the way Governor Cuomo and the state of NY treated the nurses who volunteered to come to NYC to help out...actually forced them to file a NYS income tax form...I will be surprised if anyone responds to that call.

She said "God wants you to get vaccinated." 

I'm speechless. That's ok.  I'll wait...I'm sure God has a very good explanation for this. :) 

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/hochul-god-wants-you-to-be-vaccinated/6250851/

^^^I'm still speechless. Did you watch the video? Freaking AMERICAN HORROR has nothing on this chick.

Seriously, God wants you to? That's a line from a horror movie and she says it exactly the same way...wish I could recall which movie it is to finish the sentence.

2 hours ago, ginger said:

^^^I'm still speechless. Did you watch the video? Freaking AMERICAN HORROR has nothing on this chick.

Seriously, God wants you to? That's a line from a horror movie and she says it exactly the same way...wish I could recall which movie it is to finish the sentence.

You’re saying that wasn’t biblically sound?

• 2 weeks later...

So she couldn't pull it off. From what I'm hearing, the response from the "hotline" is... no help will be coming. 

So you have nurses and aides doing triple duty because they were already working understaffed before the pandemic. Nursing home owners are raking in the cash in spite of having to pay travel nurses higher wages.

Here's what is going to happen...given those employees left will continue to act in good faith, their subconscious will not allow them to be more assaulted than they already are. Expect accidents from staff and residents...lots of them. People will be tripping over their over their own feet. I'm already aware of one supervisor who fell...don't know how long she'll be out.

Furthermore, flu season is upon us and employees will be getting those vaccines soon. I hope I'm wrong about what I think is going to happen. 

What did I say? Deaths, falls and chest pain, all in the space of an hour and the supervisors are working multiple units.

Everybody is short and on the run.

Good morning..so I happened upon a situation this morning...not in this county...unstable diabetic, non responsive, blood sugar 38 blood pressure 48/40...supervisor couldn't bring her around so they sent her out to the hospital. Gee, why do you suppose that happened?

a) Lack of Staff

b) Lack of Continuity of Care

c) Kathy Hochuls complete disregard for the needs of our seniors placing them in immediate jeopardy

On 10/9/2021 at 1:38 AM, ginger said:

What did I say? Deaths, falls and chest pain, all in the space of an hour and the supervisors are working multiple units.

Everybody is short and on the run.

And another call off...nurse with a broken leg..nice big purple cast. Is it a full moon yet? Oh Off to work, have a good night everyone.