IBM Endicott Site Sold

thomas

The Huron Chapter has ended.

Phoenix Investors of Milwaukee has announced it has purchased the 130-acre Huron Campus property that includes parcels in the village and in the town of Union.

Read More: "Birthplace of IBM" - 130-Acre Huron Campus in Endicott - Sold | https://wnbf.com/birthplace-ibm-endicott-huron-campus-sold/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• 2 months later...

a post on the net today I noticed

The former IBM campus in Endicott, NY is getting transformed into IM3NY. IM3NY will be manufacturing lithium ion batteries with non Chinese material. Magnis Energy owns roughly 60% of IM3NY and full automated production starts in about 6 months. IM3NY is expected to become one of the largest lithium battery producers in N. America in the coming years

2 hours ago, thomas said:

a post on the net today I noticed

The former IBM campus in Endicott, NY is getting transformed into IM3NY.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's going to be the entire campus.

I think initially it's only going to be in Buildings 48 and 53, which are south of Watson Blvd and east of Hill Avenue.

27 minutes ago, YankeeDoodle said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's going to be the entire campus.

I think initially it's only going to be in Buildings 48 and 53, which are south of Watson Blvd and east of Hill Avenue.

BAE has a presence in both of those buildings. So the buildings won’t be 100% IM3NY, at least not initially. 

10 hours ago, WolfMan said:

BAE has a presence in both of those buildings. So the buildings won’t be 100% IM3NY, at least not initially. 

I know BAE is in B/14 (at end of Washington Ave), on the Clark Street campus (B/257 and others), and B/57 east of Hayes Ave.

Some smaller businesses are in B/40.

Didn't some law firm go into B/32 (the "clock tower")?

Curious if any of the many tunnels are still open?

1 hour ago, YankeeDoodle said:

I know BAE is in B/14 (at end of Washington Ave), on the Clark Street campus (B/257 and others), and B/57 east of Hayes Ave.

There used to be a tunnel that went from Bldg. 14 almost to Hayes Avenue under the parking lot in addition to the ones that went under North Street over to Personnel.  I always wanted to roller-blade on the third floor from the Security building all the way to building 14.  Back in the day, I traveled from Finance in Bldg. 25 over to Bldg. 256 on Watson Boulevard via the 3rd Floor.  It actually felt good walking a few miles every day in that place.

If I remember reading correctly, some of the buildings on North Street can't be saved and will have to be torn down.  The old security building and the one next to it I think?

4 hours ago, YankeeDoodle said:

BAE is in 14 (about 95% of it), 18 (2 floors), parts of 257, 46, 53 & 48, and all of 57. 

4 hours ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

If I remember reading correctly, some of the buildings on North Street can't be saved and will have to be torn down.  The old security building and the one next to it I think?

It would be a shame to lose B/15. Although it is hard to spot, as it is in the middle of the complex and many of the buildings wrap around it.

B/15 is the original Bundy Building.

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

...  saw all the machinist with the lathes and CNC machines working.  Felt sorry for them for what looked like a monotonous job.

And the machinists, when they heard that the white collar workers spent up to half of their work days in meetings, no doubt said "that sounds like a monotonous job." 😀

19 hours ago, YankeeDoodle said:

Remember "Hollywood & Vine"? 😀

Oh my goodness, I had forgotten about Holllywood & Vine!  Thanks for the memory.  I remember my first day there, walking into the cafeteria and seeing the sea of pinstripes