Alec Baldwin shoots, kills woman on movie set

Wildcat23

35 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

I wonder when Alec Baldwin will resume shooting 

It turns out that Alex Baldwin is also the Producer of the movie.  So he shares even more of the blame.

" A producer is the person responsible for finding and launching a project; arranging financing; hiring writers, a director, and key members of the creative team; and overseeing all elements of pre-production, production and post-production, right up to release.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Section4Mike said:

Yes, they do. Not all of them, but many do.

The big question is why even have real bullets on a movie set?

I ran across an interview this morning with another director who mentioned that when working with antique guns or historical-style prop guns, it's common for the gunmaster to test-fire them with a real round to make sure they're working properly before loading them with blanks for a scene. (There's some confusion over what they meant by "live round" - a real bullet or movie jargon for blanks - but that would be one hell of a malfunction.)

So that's my working theory for now, based on the facts that have been reported: the gunmaster wasn't done prepping the main character's weapon and had loaded it with live ammunition, then let it out of her sight momentarily. The assistant director was in a hurry and grabbed it for a scene believing it was still empty, and told others it was empty. Baldwin neither checked it himself nor demanded to wait for the gunmaster.

Baldwin then seems to have managed to unintentionally pull the trigger at some point during a rehearsal, on a 19th century-style pistol that may or may not have had a safety.

...and I tend to agree about the jokes. I get it, Baldwin's been an arrogant ass for years, but this is just sad. Then there's the gunmaster, who's going to be feeling some things for a while:

https://news.yahoo.com/24-old-head-armorer-alec-122916840.html

"The 24-year-old head armorer of Alec Baldwin's movie 'Rust' told a podcast she 'almost didn't take the job' because she wasn't sure if she was 'ready'"

d91.gif

My question is, how do we know this was an "accident" and not intentional?  Alec Baldwin has proven over the years he is mentally unstable and violent.

Fight with a photographer in 1995

In October 1995, the actor sprayed shaving cream on a photographer Alan Zanger’s car windows outside his Woodland Hills, California, home. This led to a ‘scuffle’ between the actor and the photographer where Zanger claimed that Baldwin had broken his nose. Then the actor had defended himself saying that he just ‘slapped’ the camera out of the photographers’ hands, as reported by People magazine.

Calls Own Daughter a 'Rude little Pig' in 2007

Baldwin lashed out at daughter, “You have insulted me for the last time … You don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being. I don’t give a damn that you’re 12 years old or 11 years old or that you’re a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn’t care about what you do, as far as I’m concerned … You’ve made me feel like shit … I’m gonna straighten your ass out when I see you. I’m going to really make sure you get it … I’ll let you know how I really feel about what a thoughtless little pig you are. You are a rude, little pig, okay?”

Misbehaving with American Airlines staff in 2011

Baldwin was expelled from an American Airlines flight for using offensive language and misbehaving with the Airlines staff in 2011. The actor had then said, “Flight attendant on American reamed me out for playing ‘Words With Friends’ while we sat at the gate, not moving,” and also added “Last flight with American. Where retired Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950s find jobs as flight attendants.”

Another fight with a photographer in 2012

A Daily News photographer Marcus Santos had claimed that he was punched by the actor to which Baldwin’s representative had replied, “As Alec and his fiancée [Hilaria Baldwin] were leaving City Hall, a ‘civilian’ walking in front of Alec positioned himself to obstruct the view of a photographer aggressively trying to shoot the couple. The photographer was clearly frustrated, pushed past the bystander and assaulted Alec with his camera. There were no punches thrown, and any subsequent physical contact was simply Alec protecting himself.”

Arrested for riding his bike the wrong way in 2014

The actor was arrested for riding his bike the wrong way on Fifth Avenue ignoring the warnings issued by the authorities. NYPD spokesperson informed that Baldwin refused to slow and went the wrong way even after receiving warnings. The spokesperson also accused Baldwin of disorderly conduct.

Punching a man in 2018

The New York City Police Department had charged the actor with assault and harassment in 2018 after Baldwin had punched a man on East 10th Street between University Place and Broadway. It was reportedly a row over a parking space.

17 minutes ago, Route 11 said:

My question is, how do we know this was an "accident" and not intentional?  Alec Baldwin has proven over the years he is mentally unstable and violent.

The part where the crew saw the assistant director retrieve the gun and give it to him. He did not have control over the prop until then.

If this was intentional, the most likely motive was the union dispute. Some union crew had walked off just hours before, and reportedly watched non-union workers coming in to replace them.

There's no information out there to support anything like that at this stage, but if it does turn out the gun was loaded with real ammunition and the gunmaster did not do it for whatever reason, that'd be the obvious thing to look at: if somebody sabotaged the production out of spite.

Are you people kidding me? HE SHOT THE DIRECTOR. HE SHOT THE CINEMATOGRAPHER. HE SHOT THE TWO PEOPLE WHO WERE SUPPOSED TO BE SHOOTING HIM.

HE POINTED A GUN AT TWO PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T EVEN IN THE MOVIE!

HE BELONGS IN JAIL.

12 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Alec Baldwin’s set armorer. This was the “gun expert” on location. Can’t make this shit up. She deleted all her social media accounts. Look for this entire fiasco to get much stranger as more information comes out  

Who would ever put her in charge of guns is not very smart.  She is the type of person who screws up an order for a Happy Meal.

Since Alex was the producer, he gave her the job.

In this article the writer is blaming others for the incident.  They even called it an accident.

" Hannah Gutierrez-Reed previously gave a child actor a gun without checking it on set of the The Old Way film "

"She was a bit careless with the guns, waving it around every now and again."

" first assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Alec Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds."  

"A  Rust production source told The Daily Beast that there were at least two previous incidents of guns being accidentally discharged by other crew member on set before Thursday's tragic incident.  "

"It comes as the film crew revealed they walked off set hours before the fatal accident over safety fears after firearms were accidentally discharged three times - including once by Baldwin's stunt double who had been told the gun was not loaded, and twice in a closed cabin. "

AND THE BEST QUOTE

" Zak Knight, a pyrotechnic and special effects engineer who is a member of Local 44, told DailyMail.com on Friday: 'There should have never been live rounds on a movie set, that's number one. Number two is every single person on a movie set has a right to inspect a weapon before it's fired. And number three is, there is no reason to ever put a person in front of a weapon that's firing. "

Alex Baldwin needs to be criminally charged.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10124421/The-armorer-Alec-Baldwins-film-Rust-gave-gun-11-year-old-actress-sources-say.html

Alec Baldwin, who accidentally killed his cinematographer on the set of his film “Rust,” should have never pointed a gun at another human, even if he believed it was safe, Hollywood safety experts told The Post.“ Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,” Hollywood firearms consultant Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services told The Post. For safety, all live firearms used in TV and film productions are typically aimed at a dummy point, not at equipment, cast or crew, Carpenter noted. Guns, he said, are never aimed at a person.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/

17 hours ago, ginger said:

HE BELONGS IN JAIL.

You'd be surprised. Charging people for negligent shootings can be very difficult. Here's a case where somebody was showing a pregnant woman his guns, killed her and the baby (allegedly while trying to spin the gun on his finger), and then nothing else happened: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/when-is-an-accidental-shooting-really-a-crime/

The charge would be involuntary manslaughter. To do this, you typically have to show criminal negligence, which is a higher standard than the kind of negligence they talk about in civil courts. New Mexico does allow involuntary manslaughter if the death was caused by an underlying crime, and their "Negligent Use of a Deadly Weapon", a petty misdemeanor, only requires ordinary negligence. That's interesting and the facts could end up supporting it.

No doubt at all Baldwin was part of the failures here, but "sued for wrongful death" and "imprisoned for manslaughter" are different things. It might end up being the gunmaster who was criminally negligent here, if anyone.

16 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Alec Baldwin’s set armorer. This was the “gun expert” on location. Can’t make this shit up. She deleted all her social media accounts. Look for this entire fiasco to get much stranger as more information comes out

Yep. If you listen to the 911 call, the supervisor who called loses it and goes on a rant at :45 when she thinks the dispatcher is off the line. She says something like "...fucking bitch yelled at me at lunch [something] askin' about [something] motherfucker. Did you see [something] yell at me? She's supposed to check the guns. She's responsible for what happens and-": https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/22/alec-baldwin-gun-accident-911-call-we-need-help-immediately/

As far as I can tell, she got into this because her father was a respected Hollywood gunmaster and competitive Western shooter, Thell Reed. We've all seen his movies. He most likely got her the jobs.

At least she's got her FinDom career to fall back on. Which is nice, I guess.

4 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

" Hannah Gutierrez-Reed previously gave a child actor a gun without checking it on set of the The Old Way film "

The NYPost version is more specific, and worse: mentions that she had been loading the gun on the ground around small pebbles, and the crew saw the problem and intervened to check it themselves.

Barrel obstruction (squib load) is how Brandon Lee died. Something gets jammed into the barrel, you may not see it even if you do check, and then the explosive force of the stage blank turns it into a bullet (or damages the weapon and, potentially, your hand). Literally the exact kind of thing the gunmaster is there to prevent.

4 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

You'd be surprised. Charging people for negligent shootings can be very difficult. Here's a case where somebody was showing a pregnant woman his guns, killed her and the baby (allegedly while trying to spin the gun on his finger), and then nothing else happened: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/when-is-an-accidental-shooting-really-a-crime/

The charge would be involuntary manslaughter. To do this, you typically have to show criminal negligence, which is a higher standard than the kind of negligence they talk about in civil courts. New Mexico does allow involuntary manslaughter if the death was caused by an underlying crime, and their "Negligent Use of a Deadly Weapon", a petty misdemeanor, only requires ordinary negligence. That's interesting and the facts could end up supporting it.

No doubt at all Baldwin was part of the failures here, but "sued for wrongful death" and "imprisoned for manslaughter" are different things. It might end up being the gunmaster who was criminally negligent here, if anyone.

Yep. If you listen to the 911 call, the supervisor who called loses it and goes on a rant at :45 when she thinks the dispatcher is off the line. She says something like "...fucking bitch yelled at me at lunch [something] askin' about [something] motherfucker. Did you see [something] yell at me? She's supposed to check the guns. She's responsible for what happens and-": https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/22/alec-baldwin-gun-accident-911-call-we-need-help-immediately/

As far as I can tell, she got into this because her father was a respected Hollywood gunmaster and competitive Western shooter, Thell Reed. We've all seen his movies. He most likely got her the jobs.

At least she's got her FinDom career to fall back on. Which is nice, I guess.

The NYPost version is more specific, and worse: mentions that she had been loading the gun on the ground around small pebbles, and the crew saw the problem and intervened to check it themselves.

Barrel obstruction (squib load) is how Brandon Lee died. Something gets jammed into the barrel, you may not see it even if you do check, and then the explosive force of the stage blank turns it into a bullet (or damages the weapon and, potentially, your hand). Literally the exact kind of thing the gunmaster is there to prevent.

Bing, I totally remember the story of some guy twirling his gun around (supposedly) drunk at a party and shooting his preganant girlfriend...he got off...or, he did it again..something...let me look.. I think we have an entire thread on it. Some drunk yahoo screwing around is not the same as people who are paid professionals. There is no could be, maybe, I don't know...THROW HIM AND HER AND ANYONE ELSE RESPONSIBLE IN JAIL, TODAY...FREAKING OUTRAGEOUS.